Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car questions that don't deserve a thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QN: reckon i need to put a fuse before a fuel cut defender? since its easiest to package it in the ECU box ill be taking +ve from the ECU power pin (+B for you toyota people)

ordinarily i dont like to mess with a critical ecu power feed but the ECU box its the most convenient place to wire it and store it.

www.holditflat.com

Comment

Originally posted by mizone View Post
      So bloke at work is trying to restore his 2003 Prado and after some bits of trim, external and internal. Wreckers are no dice and Toyota wants him to buy a new Prado. Any ideas where he can start to look if eBay isn't much help ?
      Originally posted by val245 View Post
      Go to partsouq.com
      Legend, thanks
      "Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

Comment

Oil flush: does it do anything and is it just diesel/washing up liquid? used some in the nopics car the other day because it was already a million kilometres overdue for for a service and won;t be able to book it in any time soon and the guy usually writes on the invoice that he uses oil flush (it's direct injection)

I've never used it before, corolla is due for an oil change and might use it but i'd rather not spend 11 bucks on a bottle of supercheap's finest if something else will work just as good. actually might just not bother.
        Last edited by Sealioning; 21-06-21, 11:38 AM.

Comment

I use it on cars that are significantly overdue, I don't bother with ones that are serviced regularly.
          I reckon it does clear more gunk out.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadsailing View Post
            Oil flush: does it do anything and is it just diesel/washing up liquid? used some in the nopics car the other day because it was already a million kilometres overdue for for a service and won;t be able to book it in any time soon and the guy usually writes on the invoice that he uses oil flush (it's direct injection)

I've never used it before, corolla is due for an oil change and might use it but i'd rather not spend 11 bucks on a bottle of supercheap's finest if something else will work just as good. actually might just not bother.
            What corollas are direct injected?

Comment

Originally posted by Sturmovik View Post

Current models are.

Comment

Originally posted by Sturmovik View Post

I changed the oil in my nopics car which is DI.

I also need to change the oil in my 16 year old corolla, which is not DI.

Comment

Not a 100% car question but does anybody know a good driver's road or route for a day trip within, say, a few hours from Gladstone?

Stuck here for work and get a day off soon. Would love to find a nice quiet, windy road somewhere for a sporting drive and some sightseeing.

Alternatively if there are no fun roads around what about nature attractions? Thanks PF

Comment

Can't really suggest anywhere for a sporty drive but what about a nice little day trip south to Agnes Waters and 1770? Stop at the Captain Cook memorial, Wander up to the Bustard Bay lookout, go for a trip on an old Army LARC
                    If you dig a hole and it is in the wrong place, digging it deeper isn't going to help.

Police warn that blow-up dolls are not recognised floatation devices.

Comment

Good suggestion mate. Ive given up on finding a good driver's road and narrowed my choices to a day at Agnes or climbing Mt Larcom. Cheers

Comment

I'm sure I've asked on here before (outside this thread) but I don't think I got an answer and search doesn't give me much...

What's the deal with aftermarket blocks and rego/engineering etc? Let's say a dart SBC to replace a gen1/2 sbc...

Is it effectively deemed a direct replacement part, and you update the engine number and move on with life? Or would a 2021 date stamp make it a 2021 engine and cause headaches?

Does the answer change if it's supplied as part of a brand new crate motor?

this is more a curiosity thing than a burning need, and LS everything is the obvious answer, but let's assume I'm an idiot.
                        Originally posted by myshortyboomba
                        I've had many gauges in cars. I always found the conrods react faster than a gauge.

you can always hear them when they break and they stop the engine immediately so you can't do any more damage.

Comment

Blocks have date stamps now? I have only purchased a couple of replacement blocks and they usually just have the manufacturer serial number on them and you can stamp your own engine number to match your previous motor.

For the purpose of age/id number with transport/gov, they are only really concerned with emissions. If you took the engine apart and replaced every single component, but it went back together with the same emissions equipment and would pass the same emissions tests, I don't think they really care much what you replace in the motor as long as the engine number doesn't turn up stolen/duplicate in any checks.
                          Originally posted by Buford T. Justice
                          This happens every time one of these floozies starts poontangin' around with those show folk fags.

Comment

any good led reverse bulbs ?

sure i could buy a small led bar, but its all on road use
                            you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

Comment

Originally posted by Fraud View Post
                              What's the deal with aftermarket blocks and rego/engineering etc? Let's say a dart SBC to replace a gen1/2 sbc....
                              Originally posted by Madhatr View Post
                              Blocks have date stamps now? I have only purchased a couple of replacement blocks and they usually just have the manufacturer serial number on them and you can stamp your own engine number to match your previous motor.

For the purpose of age/id number with transport/gov, they are only really concerned with emissions. If you took the engine apart and replaced every single component, but it went back together with the same emissions equipment and would pass the same emissions tests, I don't think they really care much what you replace in the motor as long as the engine number doesn't turn up stolen/duplicate in any checks.
                              In WA you can replace like for like if the block is the same age or newer. So a 1979 car can have a 1979 or newer block

Old Ford V8's (i.e Windsor) for example date stamp engines in the valley
                              "Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

Comment

Not talking about OEM blocks having date stamps, talking about new aftermarket ones.
                                Originally posted by Buford T. Justice
                                This happens every time one of these floozies starts poontangin' around with those show folk fags.

Comment

Working...
                                X