Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car questions that don't deserve a thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Speedyblue View Post
    I grabbed a new cap so I'll throw that on, clean it up and see how it goes. It looked like the cap was the only place it was escaping. It was fine until I replaced the alternator a month or so ago, which required removing the top radiator hose to get the thermo fans out. It's dumped a bit of fluid 3 times now, but only when the no-pics drives it of course... I was worried there was some special bleeding process I missed once there was a mention of cracking bleed nipples in the head, but nope, it's self bleeding apparently.
    Had a similar issue with my VZ 6L and sorted it by bleeding it correctly - similar method to andy_wk but I'd also leave a decent size funnel in the filler neck (or bottle with the ass cut off would work) to raise the level of the fluid above the engine.
    Supposed to be self bleeding....but I'm sceptical.

Comment

So I'm stuck with a shit windscreen?
      Is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

Comment

Wouldn't it be the same as a normal corolla?

.... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Re gloves- buy these. They don't swell anywhere near as much and the shit black ones when you get solvent on them or tear as soon as you grab something too tight.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GreatWallGT500 View Post
            Re gloves- buy these. They don't swell anywhere near as much and the shit black ones when you get solvent on them or tear as soon as you grab something too tight.
            I'm going to keep that in mind, ta ... I only have the ones I have because they were on sale, I don't use them that often for all the reasons you've noted - unless you use gloves so thick you can't feel a thing, they tear as soon as you try to spin a nut (the fastener variety - unsure about surgery) by hand.
            Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

What’s the go with asbestos gaskets? I used to buy gasket sets for my fiats from America, just bought a set from an Aus distributor that have an asbestos sticker on the box. Same brand, same set. I would have thought you wouldn’t be able to get them into the country?

Comment

Umm, it's been banned in Australia for sale or import since 2003. So whoever sold it to you was breaking the law.

Comment

Originally posted by Sturmovik View Post
                  Umm, it's been banned in Australia for sale or import since 2003. So whoever sold it to you was breaking the law.
                  That’s what I would have thought

Comment

What adhesive do I need to glue the mirror glass back into an old pair of Holden GTS mirrors? Pressed steel disc in the mirror housing that the glass goes on to. Is there a suitable sikaflex type adhesive?

Comment

Need to do some work on my ute soon and removal of the tray would make things a little easier for me but knowing me it's not going to be a job that I'll complete over a weekend.

So was just wondering if it is legal to drive without a tray as long as tail shaft has a guard, tyres have mud guards and number plate and tail lights are present?

Comment

Originally posted by 308hjute View Post
                        What adhesive do I need to glue the mirror glass back into an old pair of Holden GTS mirrors? Pressed steel disc in the mirror housing that the glass goes on to. Is there a suitable sikaflex type adhesive?
                        I know when we install mirrors onto tiles in bathrooms we use a mirror specific silicon from bunnings. 'Apparently' normal silicone can 'damage' the mirror backing. Draw a circle and it ain't coming out in a hurry

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Originally posted by 50RTD
                        Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?
                        Originally posted by Dogsballs;n7259704
                        Bit harder to Wank to without Wendy, but got there in the end

Comment

Originally posted by 308hjute View Post
                          I have the same issue. I think this stuff will be too much overkill though.

https://www.permatex.com/products/sp...ive/?locale=en
                          Originally posted by doctorpat
                          It's not that every person with the coof spreads it to 8 people. It's that 50 people spread it to nobody, 40 spread it to their nopix and kids, 5 spread it to nopix, kids, neighbour, and mate that came over to watch the footy, and the last five went to a secret illegal rave, gave it to 17 people in the mosh pit, then went to an underground hairdresser, gave it to 22 people there, then went and drank a coffee on the beach while hugging and kissing another 52 people, and then needed to look at paint colours at bunnings, before going to work as a checkoutchick at Aldi.

Comment

Double sided tape for the mirror, proper 3m stuff.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/scotch-2...-tape_p1560574
                            Last edited by Sturmovik; 16-07-21, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedyblue View Post

I have the same issue. I think this stuff will be too much overkill though.

https://www.permatex.com/products/sp...ive/?locale=en
                              Won't that be cyanoacrylic or super glue stuff , for rear vision mirrors onto glass??

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Originally posted by 50RTD
                              Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?
                              Originally posted by Dogsballs;n7259704
                              Bit harder to Wank to without Wendy, but got there in the end

Comment

The new cap is on and no issues so far on the WK. I also realised when I fitted it that the caps have the ratchet internals so you can't overtighten them. So I probably didn't tighten the old one quite enough which may have also had an impact. I figured that since it happened less than a week after I did something that involved removing the top radiator hose that I was probably to blame
                                Originally posted by doctorpat
                                It's not that every person with the coof spreads it to 8 people. It's that 50 people spread it to nobody, 40 spread it to their nopix and kids, 5 spread it to nopix, kids, neighbour, and mate that came over to watch the footy, and the last five went to a secret illegal rave, gave it to 17 people in the mosh pit, then went to an underground hairdresser, gave it to 22 people there, then went and drank a coffee on the beach while hugging and kissing another 52 people, and then needed to look at paint colours at bunnings, before going to work as a checkoutchick at Aldi.

Comment

Working...
                                X