Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car questions that don't deserve a thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Faux Forg View Post
    Put a glob of mig weld on the tail of the bolt before fitting the bracket into the tube
    Yeah nah.
    Bolt is fitted after powder coat.
    Heat would affect the coating on the bolt.
    Annual volume 75,000 units (150,000 bolts), cycle time is also considered.
    Last edited by fondles; 18-09-21, 08:49 AM.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

My suggestion of thread tape would totally suck if doing 150k bolts haha.

Your wax idea is good though.

What about hair gel? Dip bolt and Install. Very quick process if the gel dries hard enough to keep the bolt in place

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

Stupid question time. How come when you pull up at a set of lights your brake, depress the brake, come to a stop but then can push the pedal down significantly more?

To do with vacuum booster? Or you don’t need full brake pressure to stop the car?

Comment

Originally posted by ifuckingloveCUM!!! View Post
          Stupid question time. How come when you pull up at a set of lights your brake, depress the brake, come to a stop but then can push the pedal down significantly more?

To do with vacuum booster? Or you don’t need full brake pressure to stop the car?
          Just because you had enough pressure to stop doesn't mean you can't apply more pressure.

Comment

Everything in the system is elastic

Comment

Originally posted by Falc&Send View Post

Car is a 2015 Ford Focus, Standard ECU. Just changing alloy wheels (same as factory but just painted different colour).

The factory setup doesn't actually give pressure readings, just a light on the dash and a chime if one tyre varies too much in pressure from another.

Internet research tells me that if you don't run TPMS you get dash lights and chimes constantly which would drive me crazy so do need them.

I talked to the guy at Bob Jane about this when I ordered new tyres and he said most of the aftermarket eBay/Supercheap are rubbish. He reckons they get people coming in all the time wanting to fit these and then weeks/months later they are pulling them out again because they have fucked out.

Saying that, the wheel guy who is painting the new-second-hand wheels has some eBay special TPMS in his VW van that has a electronic readout display for the tyre pressure that plugs in the cigarette lighter

BJ guy reccomended a brand called SafeTstop but the only info I could find about this company is their website and FB page with details of a workshop brake testing system. No mention of TPMS. I emailed them a week ago but no reply.

Found another aftermarket TPMS (Hamaton EU- Pro) from Luxury Wheels Motorsport who (going off their website) look to be the Melbourne equivalent of Tempe Tyres.

These ones are actually about $20ea more expensive than genuine Ford ones.

Still wary of aftermarket.

So ended up ordering the genuine Ford TPMS.

At least I know they work.
              you can turn the TMPS off using FoCCus

http://focccus.ru/wiki/Main_Page

video with correct time start for you

https://youtu.be/_d7XJ2ydV60?t=462

more info here about using it

https://www.focusst.org/threads/focc...grammer.20866/

you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

Comment

My licence expired yesterday. Can I drive to the RTA to renew it? Was going to print my paperwork and have that ready with me in case the popo pull me over.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.reactiongifs.us%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F07%2FMind-Blow-2.gif&f=1&nofb=1.gif
Views:	231
Size:	4.56 MB
ID:	7295859
                  "Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

Comment

Where is the best place for Alfa parts - the drivers side inner door handle on the 2013 Giulietta broke on the weekend, eBay has cheapo versions but I'd like something decent. Alfa want you to replace the whole door car (as the handle module is plastic welded in) but you can do just the handle with a bit of mucking around.

Probably also need the rear hatch wiring harness (it's 2013) as it's got a very intermittent rear wiper as well.
                    Marvellous things so quickly get mundane

Comment

Originally posted by mizone View Post

Click image for larger version  Name:	?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.reactiongifs.us%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F07%2FMind-Blow-2.gif&f=1&nofb=1.gif Views:	20 Size:	4.56 MB ID:	7295859
                      Lol. I did some more reading, I guess what I am complaining about is a spongy brake pedal which could be a range of things including worn caliper seals.

I also genuinely wondered if it was anything to do with the vacuum booster and being at idle…

EDIT: Could be master cylinder too.
                      Last edited by ifuckingloveCUM!!!; 20-09-21, 11:04 AM.

Comment

My licence expired yesterday. Can I drive to the RTA to renew it? Was going to print my paperwork and have that ready with me in case the popo pull me over.
                        No you can't drive.

​​​​​​Have you tried renewing it online?

Comment

Originally posted by Sturmovik View Post

No you can't drive.

​​​​​​Have you tried renewing it online?
                          Need a new photo unfortunately.

Comment

Lol. I did some more reading, I guess what I am complaining about is a spongy brake pedal which could be a range of things including worn caliper seals.

I also genuinely wondered if it was anything to do with the vacuum booster and being at idle…

EDIT: Could be master cylinder too.
                            Nah, its because when you are braking you are experiencing pad knock off from the friction between pad and disc. When you finally stop the pads depress another bees dick or so and so you get more travel in the MC and therefore the booster.
                            Chris
                            ------
                            The MX5 Noujet (its up market) | The Hilux Complete Nugget
                            I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

On racing vids where there's a camera pointed at the drivers feet you'll often see them give the pedal a light tap before the braking zone to get rid of the knock back.

Comment

Ok so I bought one of these and on the box it has a pic of those 2 bolts going Into the holes and nothing else.

What am I not understanding?

You wouldn't want to bolt it down to anything because it'd get covered in oil so wtf are the bolts for?

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X