Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car questions that don't deserve a thread.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I’ve often seen them bolted down over a drip tray.

    Edit: also seen them bolted underneath a benchtop with a slot for a driptray underneath.
    Last edited by takai; 21-09-21, 11:59 AM.
    Chris
    ------
    The MX5 Noujet (its up market) | The Hilux Complete Nugget
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

    Comment


      Does anyone do blue slips here?

      What’s the go with getting a blue slip for a current ACT registered private import to switch it to NSW rego? Car came from Japan in 2014.

      Comment


        Won't be a problem. Probably supposed to supply the import approval when you get the blue slip, but I'd prob pass it given it's previously been registered in Aus.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Do the safety dance. View Post
          Won't be a problem. Probably supposed to supply the import approval when you get the blue slip, but I'd prob pass it given it's previously been registered in Aus.
          That’s the way it’s meant to work. Once registered in Australia it’s considered a regular vehicle for the purposes of transfer etc. it’s only ACT that will impose a more stringent inspection on some Imports (or Engineered) on some transfers.
          ---
          Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

          Comment


            Anyone know of a mob who sell these individually?


            All of the mobs i can find are selling them only in pairs.
            Chris
            ------
            The MX5 Noujet (its up market) | The Hilux Complete Nugget
            I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

            Comment


              Originally posted by lumpy View Post
              Where is the best place for Alfa parts - the drivers side inner door handle on the 2013 Giulietta broke on the weekend, eBay has cheapo versions but I'd like something decent. Alfa want you to replace the whole door car (as the handle module is plastic welded in) but you can do just the handle with a bit of mucking around.

              Probably also need the rear hatch wiring harness (it's 2013) as it's got a very intermittent rear wiper as well.
              Dom at Italian Automotive Spares in Melbourne might know.

              Fiat/Alfa parts are the bane of my existence.
              Originally posted by brewdles
              In short, some cunt at test and tune had a 250cc honda turning to 11ty and it sounded porn. Do that.

              Comment


                Thanks mate - it turns out the local Alfa spares place is < 1km from my house. I do live in a fairly Italian area

                They had the drivers interior door handle in stock - $240! It's a made in Italy / OEM one so hopefully 8 times better than a $30 eBay / Aliexpress special. Replacing it is a bit of a task but my son is helping me do it tomorrow. That'll learn him for wanting a "cool" car. The original one is plastic welded into the door card, the replacement part they recommend to "double glue" however I've seen someone on youtube do some DIY plastic welding with a hot soldering iron to melt down the attachment lugs.

                Rear wiring harness is $200 but I need to figure out which one.
                Marvellous things so quickly get mundane

                Comment


                  Does anyone here have experience with Fumoto sump plug valves? I'm getting tired of spilling oil when I service the daily, so these look like a good solution to that problem. Are there any unforeseen problems with them?

                  https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/282126002546
                  Originally posted by Marlin
                  Chickens will slip under water in the cover of darkness like a seal team and FUCK YOU UP.

                  Comment


                    I dont think I've ever really spilled oil when doing a service. I have got it on my hands though so I bought some cheap gloves from Coles and wear them when undoing the sump plug and filter. Once they are off and wiped clean the glove goes in the bin.

                    Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk


                    Comment


                      Originally posted by GreatWallGT500 View Post
                      I dont think I've ever really spilled oil when doing a service. I have got it on my hands though so I bought some cheap gloves from Coles and wear them when undoing the sump plug and filter. Once they are off and wiped clean the glove goes in the bin.

                      Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

                      If you want to experience it, welcome to change the filter on my 2JZ.

                      Comment


                        is it harder than an RX7 filter?
                        .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

                        Dr Hoon
                        .

                        DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

                        Comment


                          Man really.

                          we are now that precious that a bit of sump oil on the hands is an issue when DIY oil change at home.

                          Reminds me that poofter thread comparing mechanics gloves.

                          Don't mention the adBlocker !!

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Faux Forg View Post
                            Does anyone here have experience with Fumoto sump plug valves? I'm getting tired of spilling oil when I service the daily, so these look like a good solution to that problem. Are there any unforeseen problems with them?

                            https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/282126002546
                            A lot slower to drain out than when taking a bolt out, but zero effort oil drains. push the tab up, slide across, and walk away for 15 minutes. Meant I just needed to reach two fingers around a sway bar, never had to bother getting a spanner in the same place. Oh, but some guy in another country might think less of you.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by fondles View Post
                              Man really.

                              we are now that precious that a bit of sump oil on the hands is an issue when DIY oil change at home.

                              Reminds me that poofter thread comparing mechanics gloves.
                              For some reason I hate getting dirty oil on my hands. They're pretty fucked anyway with cracked skin on my fingers from all the thinners and paint that I get on them every day. Gotta draw the line somewhere I guess

                              Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

                              Comment


                                Speaking of oil changes.

                                Should I change the filter on a car that hasn't even done 20km of driving in a year or is changing just the oil ok?

                                Car is getting prepped for reg but it'll still be a while till that happens and will get another oil and filter change then

                                Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X