Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car questions that don't deserve a thread.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by GreatWallGT500 View Post
    Just a barra with under 200k. Oil it in currently is full syn

    Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
    Give it a good half hour run, it should be enough to get the oil hot and burn off any condensation that may have built up
    you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

    Comment


      Originally posted by Banzai View Post

      Perhaps you want an oil extractor?
      Thats actually a fucking excellent solution to my stupidly placed sump plug / crossmember fiasco.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Faux Forg View Post
        Does anyone here have experience with Fumoto sump plug valves? I'm getting tired of spilling oil when I service the daily, so these look like a good solution to that problem. Are there any unforeseen problems with them?

        https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/282126002546
        the XT forrester we used to own had one, was installed by previous owner, didnt leak and was super convenient. i rate it, oil comes out slow but im usually doing other maintenance items while i wait anyway.

        www.holditflat.com

        Comment


          Been browsing carsales.com sticking to NSW searches , have had a few Canberra cars come up from dealers. So can Canberra car yards more so the new car yards selling 2nd hand cars get NSW rego for me in NSW.
          you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

          Comment


            Originally posted by Tripper View Post
            Been browsing carsales.com sticking to NSW searches , have had a few Canberra cars come up from dealers. So can Canberra car yards more so the new car yards selling 2nd hand cars get NSW rego for me in NSW.
            Yes, no issues what so ever.

            Comment


              The only two bad points I have heard about the Fumoto drain cocks is that they dont allow as much oil to drain from the sump due to the drain hole being slightly higher, and the fact that in some cars, it sits down lower than the bottom face of the sump which could cause issues if youre "laying frame"

              Comment


                Originally posted by Faux Forg View Post
                Does anyone here have experience with Fumoto sump plug valves? I'm getting tired of spilling oil when I service the daily, so these look like a good solution to that problem. Are there any unforeseen problems with them?

                https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/282126002546
                Used one since 2009 with no problems. Outlived the first motor.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by aerobrick View Post

                  Used one since 2009 with no problems. Outlived the first motor.
                  Confirmed. Sump valves kill motors.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Do the safety dance. View Post

                    Confirmed. Sump valves kill motors.
                    More propaganda from the Crushwasher Industrial Complex

                    Comment


                      Anything that sticks out the bottom of the motor ready to be clocked by a rock or something gives me the heebies.
                      Chris
                      ------
                      The MX5 Noujet (its up market) | The Hilux Complete Nugget
                      I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

                      Comment


                        Does anyone know where to buy the Brake light switch retaining clip in Aus?

                        Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                          How do I go about adjusting rear brakes on a light truck that has twin wheel cylinders and adjusters?

                          Do I just do them one at a time? Or is there some voodoo to it?
                          Originally posted by brewdles
                          In short, some cunt at test and tune had a 250cc honda turning to 11ty and it sounded porn. Do that.

                          Comment


                            One at a time. They work completely independently of each other. Old Land Rover stuff is the same.

                            Comment


                              Awesome!

                              Thanks Jon.
                              Originally posted by brewdles
                              In short, some cunt at test and tune had a 250cc honda turning to 11ty and it sounded porn. Do that.

                              Comment


                                I'm looking around at various options for a daily driver, how much of a nightmare would a lexus gs450h (the hybrid one) be maintenance wise? Circa 2008 or so.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X