Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car questions that don't deserve a thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BF falcon diff bushes. Can I do this at home or should I shell out the cash at a mechanics?

Really hate spending money on the nugget but I'm getting some vibrations when accelerating and turning corners while accelerating and some wierd rear end swaying at speed, it feels like a poorly loaded trailer on the back sometimes. Feels a bit unsafe.

Maverick - gone
    Turbo AU Ute

Comment

Gotta drop the subframe. I considered doing mine for about all of 3 second d's then just lubed up and paid some.other poor cunt.

Cost me 1200 all up but I got the rear main seal done too.
      I think the bushes were 800 ish for super pro ones. Every bush in the cradle got done.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

How do I stick this fucker back on?
        Would like to get it working just before summer when I really need it. /i

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dansedgli View Post

wierd rear end swaying at speed, it feels like a poorly loaded trailer on the back sometimes.
          Probably the spherical bushes at the outer ends of the toe control arms. They can be done at home, you need threaded rod press tools though.

To do all the rear end properly means dropping the cradle. I wouldn't want to do it at home, it is a big enough job on the hoist.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatWallGT500 View Post
            How do I stick this fucker back on?
            Would like to get it working just before summer when I really need it. /i

https://www.jaycar.com.au/wire-glue-9ml/p/NM2831 or a soldering iron if you're brave enough.
            Originally posted by Marlin
            Chickens will slip under water in the cover of darkness like a seal team and FUCK YOU UP.

Comment

Originally posted by Faux Forg View Post

https://www.jaycar.com.au/wire-glue-9ml/p/NM2831 or a soldering iron if you're brave enough.
              Thanks I'll try the glue

Comment

Most of the work with diff bushes is done out of the car. Dropping the subframe is the easy part, but probably difficult on the ground.

My opinion, but I only ever use genuine Ford bushes. Little bit more difficult to fit but I find they last longer than poly bushes.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJonWB View Post

Probably the spherical bushes at the outer ends of the toe control arms. They can be done at home, you need threaded rod press tools though.

To do all the rear end properly means dropping the cradle. I wouldn't want to do it at home, it is a big enough job on the hoist.
                  Thanks for that. I might have a crack at those myself and give it to a mechanic to do the rest. Or convince the missus its time for a new car.
                  Maverick - gone
                  Turbo AU Ute

Comment

Led bulbs in a reflector high beam ?

I know you get away with them in projector low beams, so considering when high beams are used there aint a worry about dazzling or glare for on coming drivers.
                    So has anyone done it or got things to say about it that i might be missing
                    you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

Comment

I'd be concerned that the light won't be able to be aimed correctly by the reflector. I did an experiment years ago with HID in the highbeam and found them to be completely useless. Great if I wanted to blind planes directly overhead, not so good if I wanted to actually see what's in front of me.
                      LED "might" be better due to being generally closer to a halogen globe in regards to the light orientation in the globe.

Comment

Webber DCOE Gaskets - whats the hotness?

Just removed my Mikuni-Solexs off my DCOE manifold to rebuild them and found the Redline soft-mount kit i used has had the rubber split the whole way through - fairly shit given they were literally only used for one event!
                        1978 Gemini Sedan - Powered by i change my mind every week - R.I.P
                        1980 Gemini Sedan
                        1987 Range Rover Vogue
                        1996 TF Holden Rodeo

Comment

Originally posted by Tripper View Post
                          Led bulbs in a reflector high beam ?

I know you get away with them in projector low beams, so considering when high beams are used there aint a worry about dazzling or glare for on coming drivers.
                          So has anyone done it or got things to say about it that i might be missing
                          Works fine on the Kluger and worked well on the Focus. Better high beams without the dazzle from low beams (which on the Kluger are LED anyway)
                          Chris
                          ------
                          The MX5 Noujet (its up market) | The Hilux Complete Nugget
                          I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by Do the safety dance. View Post
                            Most of the work with diff bushes is done out of the car. Dropping the subframe is the easy part, but probably difficult on the ground.

My opinion, but I only ever use genuine Ford bushes. Little bit more difficult to fit but I find they last longer than poly bushes.
                            I did my BA rear end at home, but I have a hoist. Once the subframe is out, it's just old bushes out, slide new bushes in. New superpro throughout. Drives nice now. Wasn't overly expensive though PFs favourite parts shop.
                            Originally posted by doctorpat
                            It's not that every person with the coof spreads it to 8 people. It's that 50 people spread it to nobody, 40 spread it to their nopix and kids, 5 spread it to nopix, kids, neighbour, and mate that came over to watch the footy, and the last five went to a secret illegal rave, gave it to 17 people in the mosh pit, then went to an underground hairdresser, gave it to 22 people there, then went and drank a coffee on the beach while hugging and kissing another 52 people, and then needed to look at paint colours at bunnings, before going to work as a checkoutchick at Aldi.

Comment

Do you think it's doable without a hoist?

Quoted $15-1600 from my usual guy. He said to try Pedders.

Urge to buy new car increasing but covid tax is not great right now.
                              Maverick - gone
                              Turbo AU Ute

Comment

Originally posted by Speedyblue View Post

I did my BA rear end at home, but I have a hoist. Once the subframe is out, it's just old bushes out, slide new bushes in. New superpro throughout. Drives nice now. Wasn't overly expensive though PFs favourite parts shop.
                                Yep it's not so bad, particularly with poly bushes. They're much easier to fit, but I've had come backs so now only use genuine.

Originally posted by Dansedgli View Post
                                Do you think it's doable without a hoist?

Quoted $15-1600 from my usual guy. He said to try Pedders.

Urge to buy new car increasing but covid tax is not great right now.
                                ​​​​​​​Do-able on the ground but unpleasant. Your usual guy is charging about double what we and others in the area charge.

Comment

Working...
                                X