Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car questions that don't deserve a thread.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StanM3 View Post
    Iím pretty sure the RWD version is now out of production.
    Well thatís not particularly good news for the world overall ...
    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Re: angled compressor outlets on turbos from last page.

Borgwarner have these available.

Comment

Sweet, that answers that! Could be useful for narrow engine bays
        Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
        Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

Iíve just got a e85 tune on the 86 along with a few bits n pieces. Old mate who did the work was pretty light on details -ďitíll be fine, donít need to do anything different, just donít fill up with anything elseĒ. Is that right? A workmate was telling me I had to keep at least 1/2 a tank full at all times or it sucks the moisture out of the air.

I donít drive the car much so itís likely going to sit for a few weeks at a time. Does it need to be Ďfreshí?
          "Beware the lollipop of mediocrity: lick it once and you'll suck forever" Brian Wilson

Comment

Yes the ethanol will suck moisture out of the air, best to leave it full when sitting for extended periods of time.
            Leaving it for a few weeks at a time, best to use a stabiliser, will let others suggest whats best to prevent gumming up
            you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

Comment

Cheers, it gets driven once a fortnight or so.
              "Beware the lollipop of mediocrity: lick it once and you'll suck forever" Brian Wilson

Comment

In a new car you should be fine. Try to buy from newer petrol stations as well or same place.
                Originally posted by 50RTD
                Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogsballs View Post
                  Try to buy from newer petrol stations
                  I see what you did there, what with the use of plural as though thereís more than one ...
                  Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

In Melbourne it's good.

In an 86 you shouldn't have issues. More when you start changing things with older cars.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
                    Originally posted by 50RTD
                    Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

Whats the go with all of the new cars around that seem to be painted in Gloss Primer Grey? Is it the new hotness?
                      Chris
                      ------
                      The new nugget
                      I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Seen a few audiís I donít hate it

Comment

Originally posted by takai View Post
                          Whats the go with all of the new cars around that seem to be painted in Gloss Primer Grey? Is it the new hotness?
                          Iím surprised weíre seeing things as new as current model Civics in gloss undercoat; I thought the fad was 3-4 years ago, and am surprised itís still going. Donít trendy colours usually only last maybe 2 years at most?

Comment

Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
                            Donít trendy colours usually only last maybe 2 years at most?
                            Yes, then they spend years moving down market before disappearing. Today gloss primer Civics, tomorrow gloss primer Ssang Yongs...
                            Originally posted by Marlin
                            Chickens will slip under water in the cover of darkness like a seal team and FUCK YOU UP.

Comment

Originally posted by Faux Forg View Post
                              Yes, then they spend years moving down market before disappearing. Today gloss primer Civics, tomorrow gloss primer Ssang Yongs...
                              Ö next year gloss primer Fords & Holdens Ö

Comment

So, what is the current hotness in anti seize for axle/hub splines? Used to use copper stuff, but apparently high temp bearing grease is just as good.
                                Chris
                                ------
                                The new nugget
                                I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Working...
                                X