Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car questions that don't deserve a thread.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Gamma

Something in all my years of cars I've never had to deal with and couldn't find a clear answer online.
    1978 Opel Manta SR Berlinetta 1UZFE
    2013 Opel Insignia OPC
    2013 Kia Rio
    2018 LDV T60

Comment

no worries
      "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

When removing all the sound deadening tar crap from the floor of a car, do I need to paint the metal underneath?
        BMW E21 Racer

ATCC & V8SC Results, Data, Statistics and Discussion from 1960 to now

Comment

Are you putting carpet back over the top? Might be OK of you don't scratch it when taking the deadener out.

Comment

No carpet going in, staying bare as this is for a track car. I used a heat gun and paint scraper an it all came up without much resistance, didn't have to put much effort into the scraping and certainly didn't need to be rough with it. There's still the leftover glue and gunk that I need to get out, but the surface under that is unpainted white (primer?).
            BMW E21 Racer

Comment

Should have went dry ice, zero residue. I'd be inclined to paint, even just a few rattle cans. We a left a friends track car without paint for a while, never had an issue but we painted after a year or so purely because it looked cleaner.

Comment

Originally posted by Deceiver View Post
                How can I make nopics' car make pigeon noises with a stock BOV?
                Easiest way is to grab a one way valve (every Commodore moo has one behind the plenum), and stick it in the vac line to the BOV, directed so that air can pass through to the BOV. So it'll see pressure to hold it shut, but no vacuum to open it.
                as short as possible

Comment

I already had the heat gun and scraper and just decided to do it one afternoon, didn't really plan ahead. Will probably get a spray of paint at some point, but I guess it isn't urgent.
                  BMW E21 Racer

Comment

I'd just be worried about dirt sticking everywhere if the floor is tacky. So much dirt gets in on a track day.

Comment

How does a 1:1 rising rate pressure regulator work in relation to an AFPR's max PSID. What will I see on PSIG?
                      http://www.hrpworld.com/store/media/...pdf_6779_2.pdf

Pressure Adjustment Range
                      Pressure Range “E”
                      25-90 PSID
                      (1.75-6.2 Bar)

The notation “PSIG” means pressure in Pounds per Square Inch (PSI) relative to the prevailing atmospheric
                      condition or outside air. This is referred to as Gauge Pressure. The notation “PSID” means pressure in PSI relative
                      to another pressure source or called the Differential Pressure. The intake manifold pressure, when plumbed to the
                      regulator, changes the fuel pressure in a 1:1 ratio. When the engine idles (for example 12 Inches of Mercury or 6
                      PSIG of vacuum) fuel rail pressure will lower 6 PSI, when compared to the setting with the engine off. For boosted
                      applications, including turbo or superchargers, fuel rail pressure increases at a 1:1 ratio. An engine at 10 PSIG of
                      boost as measured in the intake manifold, will increase the fuel pressure by 10 PSIG. The actual readings of
                      pressure in a real world application would show a lower pressure, as the engine is using fuel that would normally be
                      returning back through the return line when the engine is off.
                      Basically if I set 5bar static, 1.2bar boost am I maxing out the pressure range or does that just apply to adjustment 'base'? If I want to go >1.2bar am I basically fucked and stupidly adding IDC% for a given area (yea rather not do that).

Comment

I noticed my 1UZ A340 auto can be rolled when in park!?

I checked the selector on the box and it is fully selecting park

Have I forgotton to to fit something?

It has no trans fluid yet, that wouldnt make a difference would it?
                        2013 Opel Insignia OPC
                        2013 Kia Rio
                        2018 LDV T60

Comment

Have you got the pattern reversed and you're putting it into 1st instead of park? Have you tried disconecting the shifter and selecting park directly at the gearbag?
                          Originally posted by Marlin
                          Chickens will slip under water in the cover of darkness like a seal team and FUCK YOU UP.

Comment

Yeah did that yesterday

Didn't check P was actually P and not 1 though.

But because the shifter I am using seems to operate the same as the factory Toyota shifter ie as I pull back on the shifter the cable pushes the gear selector on the box forwards I presumed it normal
                            2013 Opel Insignia OPC
                            2013 Kia Rio
                            2018 LDV T60

Comment

Well it turns out it was back to front :knock:

That's good and bad...I know it works...but am going have to figure a way of adapting the brackets so the cable now pulls instead of pushes
                              2013 Opel Insignia OPC
                              2013 Kia Rio
                              2018 LDV T60

Comment

Originally posted by GTREA View Post
                                Well it turns out it was back to front :knock:

That's good and bad...I know it works...but am going have to figure a way of adapting the brackets so the cable now pulls instead of pushes
                                Flip the bellcrank on the gearbox end.
                                "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Working...
                                X