Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car questions that don't deserve a thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F3ARED View Post
    Petrols are fine; my dads is at 210k and sisters [nopics] was at 265k pre trade in. Dads has had 1x engine mount aaaaaaaaaaaaaand thats it since new. No oil leaks, no dramas.
    I can second this. Our 2007 Mazda 6 (petrol) is just about to tick over 210,000k's. Gets serviced every 10,000- & never misses a beat. Needed a top engine mount & new front rotors at 150,000 k's. Has a timing chain as well - so no expensive belt to replace...

Comment

Mazda 6 are too expensive at around 6k.
      Needs to be more like 2-3k
      Nope

Comment

2 Questions:

1. If I was a young P plater from Victoria & I'm holidaying in NSW/Brisbane. Does that mean that they'd only be able to drive cars that appeared on the NSW/Queensland approved cars that P-platers are allowed to drive?

2. What is the most fun to drive (or quickest) car on the NSW p-plate approved cars list that is an automatic and is a 4 seater minimum? Thinking probably the latest 2.0 VW Polo GTi or a Toyota 86/BRZ.

Comment

Originally posted by Gammaboy View Post
          Nothing against Bill, but it's not like he had a lot of runs on the board with matching EAP outputs to what was actually made on the Dyno... TK on the other hand...

What package are you using?
          EA Pro because its the only one i can get my hands on for $0 [albeit in demo form]. Tried finding Pipemax but cant seem to get a copy short of actually paying for it. In terms of peak power I think the result is a bit...ambitious, but as a tool to understand the camshafts i chose and to get the EX/IN ratio to 75% its been pretty useful. Just concerned about its accuracy....because if it is actually accurate, im making peak power around 1000rpm higher than i wanted to
          1978 Gemini Sedan - Powered by i change my mind every week - R.I.P
          1980 Gemini Sedan
          1987 Range Rover Vogue
          1996 TF Holden Rodeo

Comment

Given that the slicks I had ordered are not on their way from England.....I'm casting around for options, Hoosier make a dirt speedway tyre the same dimensions, I'm sure it will be soft, but sticky?

Has anybody ever used a speedway tyre on bitumen ? and what happened ?

Given I'd be using it for a 35 second hillclimb I don't see that it is purely going to overheat and disintegrate......
            " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

Originally posted by Roy928tt View Post
              Given that the slicks I had ordered are not on their way from England.....I'm casting around for options, Hoosier make a dirt speedway tyre the same dimensions, I'm sure it will be soft, but sticky?

Has anybody ever used a speedway tyre on bitumen ? and what happened ?

Given I'd be using it for a 35 second hillclimb I don't see that it is purely going to overheat and disintegrate......
              Pretty sure that they have *really* soft sidewalls.
              "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

What sort of price will re-chroming a bumper? Just for an idea of cost. BMW 2002 and thinking about cutting the spare 'long' bar down to a 'shortie' style.

Comment

Originally posted by Smudge View Post
                  2 Questions:

1. If I was a young P plater from Victoria & I'm holidaying in NSW/Brisbane. Does that mean that they'd only be able to drive cars that appeared on the NSW/Queensland approved cars that P-platers are allowed to drive?
                  You follow the state your licence is issued in, and any restrictions or exemptions applied to it. Same goes for speed limits.
                  you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

Comment

Originally posted by dsm2002 View Post
                    What sort of price will re-chroming a bumper? Just for an idea of cost. BMW 2002 and thinking about cutting the spare 'long' bar down to a 'shortie' style.
                    Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
                    Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

Originally posted by RMS
                      Visiting NSW

NSW Police will enforce the licence conditions applied to your current licence issued by your residential state. Drivers are required to comply with the licence conditions applied by the State or Territory that issued the licence, regardless of the State or Territory you are driving in.
                      2. What is the most fun to drive (or quickest) car on the NSW p-plate approved cars list that is an automatic and is a 4 seater minimum? Thinking probably the latest 2.0 VW Polo GTi or a Toyota 86/BRZ.
                      Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

2 Questions:

I think current GTI doesn't make the approved list.

VY 5.7 crewman with heads and cam would be reasonably rapid if not particularly sporty

Comment

Where can I buy 5" (127mm) silicone ducting (usually orange in colour) in Australia?
                          1971 Mazda 1300 Estate Deluxe 1500cc Twin SU - 1979 Mazda RX7 12APP - 1994 Mazda Familia GTR - 1973 Mazda 1300 Wagon

Comment

Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Thanks for replies on NSW P-plate rego guys.

New question. When I was way younger there were cars that had a higher than normal ratio of attractive (usually young) women driving them. Celicas, Capris (fwd convertibles), etc. Almost always worth a glance, especially if high up in a truck during summer. What are the modern equivalent cars that hot women drive these days?

Comment

Kias, astras, corollas etc

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X