Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car questions that don't deserve a thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F3ARED View Post
    Have you guys tried seeing if you can adjust the headrest angle? On some cars you can click/adjust the head rest forward as well as up/down.
    Even with KIA's headrest in the most rearward position my chin touches my chest.
    Are you optimistic or pessimistic about the end of the world?

Comment

Originally posted by F3ARED View Post
      Have you guys tried seeing if you can adjust the headrest angle? On some cars you can click/adjust the head rest forward as well as up/down.

How wrong/frowned upon is this method of a rust repair?

I was always under the impression it was a big no-no to cut and weld on a structural member or chassis rail of a monocoque body, or does this only apply when a section is cut and but-welded on?
      I'm no expert, but I would have thought that it would have been better to cut a whole section of the rail out, not just a piece of it.

Comment

Originally posted by tim510 View Post
        what cut? what weld?
        While i do agree [as in, who the fuck would know] ive been in two big shunts in old cars so genuinely curious to know how it stacks up as a repair method given that Geminis have a habit of rusting in the LHR rail

Originally posted by Sturmovik View Post
        I'm no expert, but I would have thought that it would have been better to cut a whole section of the rail out, not just a piece of it.
        I thought that was worse as youd have two continuous butt-joins?
        1978 Gemini Sedan - Powered by i change my mind every week - R.I.P
        1980 Gemini Sedan
        1987 Range Rover Vogue
        1996 TF Holden Rodeo

Comment

Originally posted by peal View Post
          Probably a lot better than the rust it replaced?
          ---
          Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Any good regular car wash people in mid South East melboure (Ashwood) . Need to get the two cars washed once a month at home ideally.

Comment

Originally posted by Sturmovik View Post
              No. But I would have braced the rail to support it during the cut. I've seen this repair method used a lot on Mustang torque boxes. If anything the end reault is better than the orginal shitty welds.

Head rests. I was always told (read out aloud from some engineering article) that the proper adjustment of a head rest is the middle of the head rest should be at your ear level. Does that mnake the Kia's headrests betterer?
              "Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

Comment

Originally posted by SirGoat View Post
                Any good regular car wash people in mid South East melboure (Ashwood) . Need to get the two cars washed once a month at home ideally.
                Jims do that shit.
                .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by mizone View Post

Head rests. I was always told (read out aloud from some engineering article) that the proper adjustment of a head rest is the middle of the head rest should be at your ear level. Does that mnake the Kia's headrests betterer?
                  Makes no difference.
                  Are you optimistic or pessimistic about the end of the world?

Comment

Originally posted by nastysven View Post
                    Jims do that shit.
                    Hoping for some one reliable, e.g. not going to turn it into a swirly mess.

Comment

Are quality silicon coolant hoses ok?

Need to replace every 80's spec hose in my AW11 and I can either piece together an OEM kit from a million different suppliers and at great cost or just order one of the Stoney Racing silicon versions:

http://shop.stoneyracing.com/toyota-...lant-hose-kit/

Given I'll be running the Toyota red coolant which is compatible this seems much easier. Black of course, anything else is retarded.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Purple View Post

Need to replace every 80's spec hose in my AW11 and I can either piece together an OEM kit from a million different suppliers and at great cost or just order one of the Stoney Racing silicon versions:

Given I'll be running the Toyota red coolant which is compatible this seems much easier. Black of course, anything else is retarded.
                        yep, ive got silicon hoes on my water to oil cooler and off my rad. IMO they work better than equivalent rubber as they dont expand with heat and rot as much, small down side is they can be prick to slide on.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Purple View Post

Silicon coolant hoses are fine, they are a common OE upgrade for various Police package vehicles where they work perfectly fine.
                          Only issue is silicon hoses are easily damaged, the OEMs use a protective sleeve where the hose may be damaged.

Comment

Thanks. I figured that was the case but was instantly suspicious of something available in a such wide variety of colours!

12 coolant hoses in an AW11. My mechanic is going to have fun with that one...

Comment

can a leak from the intake pipe (as it enters intake manifold, from intercooler) cause boost spikes?
                              used to get boost spikes and then my intake pipe popped off, turns out it hadn't been fixed in place properly. wondering if it had been leaking when under load/full boost
                              Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
                              Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

Does anyone make a cheap knock off of the Lokar floor mount shifters?

Comment

Working...
                                X