Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car questions that don't deserve a thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheers. some old forum posts state it isn't servicable, not sure if i am understanding that correctly
    Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
    Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

You may get lucky and find someone making an aftermarket kit, but frequently if its anything european they'll usually laugh at you and expect you buy the whole thing. Got pullers?
      Originally posted by Buford T. Justice
      This happens every time one of these floozies starts poontangin' around with those show folk fags.

Comment

Originally posted by Madhatr View Post
        You may get lucky and find someone making an aftermarket kit, but frequently if its anything european they'll usually laugh at you and expect you buy the whole thing. Got pullers?
        it's on an R32 GTR, gonna go talk to a driveshaft place tmr, google just throws up CV's for the front half shafts etc

Comment

If you're buying a new Ferrari is it true that dealers insist that you get the Cavallino badges on the front fenders?
          I always thought that they looked a bit dick/screaming chicken.

Edit. - I'm not buying a new Ferrari, I can barely afford weekly fuel in my daily.

Comment

Saw the horse shields on a suzuki swift today out the front of a suzuki dealership. Maybe someone was living their best life
            ---
            Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Originally posted by clutch-monkey View Post
              cheers. some old forum posts state it isn't servicable, not sure if i am understanding that correctly
              have you checked out the SAU forum?
              Originally posted by gerry;n7288577
              having done my fair share of snorting white powder, made by a bikie in a garage, off a dirty cistern in a night club, means I find the argument about not knowing whats in the vaccine slightly perplexing.

Comment

Originally posted by fly510 View Post
                have you checked out the SAU forum?
                yeah, been told a ford item will fit with some light mods.
                car is going into GT auto to suss it out and a few other minor tweaks i can't do at home

Comment

Originally posted by Smudge View Post
                  If you're buying a new Ferrari is it true that dealers insist that you get the Cavallino badges on the front fenders?
                  I always thought that they looked a bit dick/screaming chicken.

Edit. - I'm not buying a new Ferrari, I can barely afford weekly fuel in my daily.
                  Dealers don't insist, most buyers want them. Couple grand for badges is nothing when they're optioning 30k in carbon fibre dash inserts. Dropping 100k on options is not unusual on a Ferrari purchase.

Comment

Does anyone have a dxf/dwg file or drawing with dimensions of the flange the removable section of sump goes on to on an SR20? Fucken, thats not proper english. Heres a photo.

https://xcessivemanufacturing.com/ni...-sr20-ssf.html
                    1978 Gemini Sedan - Powered by i change my mind every week - R.I.P
                    1980 Gemini Sedan
                    1987 Range Rover Vogue
                    1996 TF Holden Rodeo

Comment

Anyone using one of these with E85? https://www.aeroflowperformance.com/...lter-10-micron

I presume it would be fine, but NFI these days.
                      Chris
                      ------
                      The MX5 Noujet (its up market) | The Hilux Complete Nugget
                      I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Why have Americans embraced the metric system for turbo sizes?
                        2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
                        2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
                        I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

cause a 96mm turbo sounds bigger than a 4 inch
                          you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

Comment

Might start trolling them by referring to everything in mm/hr.
                            2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
                            2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
                            I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

If you can run one temperature gauge, what would it be - oil or water?

I've been pondering this one this morning. BMW has oil temp and it takes a good 10-15 minutes to get to temp, Mini has oil and water, AW11 water only.

Given my main purpose of looking at the temperature gauge is to see when it's ok to flog it, surely oil would be the more accurate measure for that? The secondary purpose though is 'stop, something's broken' and I'd imagine water temp would be the first warning of that.

I'm suspicious it probably doesn't make any difference. Just wondering why the manufacturers sometimes use one over the other.

Comment

Both need fluid to measure the temp, so i would go a block temp sensor
                                you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

Comment

Working...
                                X