Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car questions that don't deserve a thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you only have third party fire and theft? Even so, be worth putting through their IDR process.
    Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Originally posted by dewy View Post
      Not sure where else to Jam this so I'll give it a go here.
      TL;DR: Car was stolen, thieves decided it needed to be a different colour, insurance company says no deal, car has been recovered by police and taking up space in my garage.

Need a quote for restore of factory paint (has been painted white spray with no prep including headlights and fog lights, to provide to police/court to show economic loss however due to what I imagine the cost will be/car is worth the work will never be done. Car is located in Brisbane and unregistered however could be moved on UVP, anyone know a panel beater who will quote this (yes, I expect to pay for quote) without much trouble, even better if it can be done from photos but understand if not.
      Dewy, is this the BMW?

Comment

Unfortunately yes evo, breaks my heart it happened to it. Insurance isn't paying due to PDS clause, while I understand what they are saying (unattended vehicle), doesn't mean I have to be happy about it. I've learnt a very expensive lesson in that no matter how quick you think you'll be buying a Slurpee there will be a thug in your car quicker (I was a smack head and left it running). I'm throwing good money after bad to get the quote to tack onto the lowlifes court appearances but I have to follow the process in the rare chance it works out.

Guido it's been through IDR without success, only thing left is insurance ombudsman but I don't like my chances.

Cheers purple. Excel need photos uploaded in PDF or word so I'll have to dust off the computer.

Comment

People will quote it based of photos however most of these quotes are fairly vague; they tend to get written up as "total loss" without actually giving a breakdown on costs and or extent of damage. You'll need to explain the situation to the person doing the quoting that it needs to be done properly. As for where you stand in relation to your insurance company, might be worth getting some proper legal advice or sending Southo on here a quick PM. If he tells you theres no hope, well, at least youll know.

Given that the car has been "painted" white, i highly doubt the crack heads have used anything more substantial than Export spray paint. Maybe try give a corner thats not really visible a rub with thinners and see if it starts to lift?
          1978 Gemini Sedan - Powered by i change my mind every week - R.I.P
          1980 Gemini Sedan
          1987 Range Rover Vogue
          1996 TF Holden Rodeo

Comment

-20 AN Dry break quick disconnect fitting, who makes them?

I want to use jiffy-tite exclusively on this car, but jiffy-tite dont seem to make them?

Comment

Chris
              ------
              The MX5 Noujet (its up market) | The Hilux Complete Nugget
              I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

I have a barra bov with 1" rubber lines you can have
                Originally posted by 50RTD
                Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?
                Originally posted by Dogsballs;n7259704
                Bit harder to Wank to without Wendy, but got there in the end

Comment

Originally posted by Dogsballs View Post
                  I have a barra bov with 1" rubber lines you can have
                  Chris
                  ------
                  The MX5 Noujet (its up market) | The Hilux Complete Nugget
                  I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Can't get a seal on this ABS pump fitting. Cleaned it out a bunch, but does that look like a groove scratched into the face to anyone else? No leaks on the other 5 fittings, about to drive 2hrs to a wrecker to get fucked over for another one.
                    Attached Files

Comment

It looks like the cone is out of round in the photo. What does the inside of the flare on the line look like?
                      Originally posted by Marlin
                      Chickens will slip under water in the cover of darkness like a seal team and FUCK YOU UP.

Comment

Hard to see, but it does look like it might have a mark on the sealing surface.

Comment

Yeah, I think the cone is out of round. The flare on the pipe feels smooth, but I can't get under it nor rotate it to get a perfectly clear view. It was fine when I dismantled the donor years ago, so I've stuffed it in the years of storage and moving. Thanks for confirmation before I burn more dollarydoos

Comment

Those small covers/condoms they put on dashboard lights, can you buy them anywhere
                            you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

Comment

Originally posted by aerobrick View Post
                              Yeah, I think the cone is out of round. The flare on the pipe feels smooth, but I can't get under it nor rotate it to get a perfectly clear view. It was fine when I dismantled the donor years ago, so I've stuffed it in the years of storage and moving. Thanks for confirmation before I burn more dollarydoos
                              Grab a new line while you're at it, rather than ruin the replacement pump too
                              Originally posted by Marlin
                              Chickens will slip under water in the cover of darkness like a seal team and FUCK YOU UP.

Comment

Originally posted by aerobrick View Post
                                Can't get a seal on this ABS pump fitting. Cleaned it out a bunch, but does that look like a groove scratched into the face to anyone else? No leaks on the other 5 fittings, about to drive 2hrs to a wrecker to get fucked over for another one.
                                not sure you'd want to do this on a brake system but you can get copper flare gaskets that may do the job?

Oo___oO

Comment

Working...
                                X