Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car questions that don't deserve a thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go and see Warwick at Ultimate Powersteering at Brendale. He should be able to sort you out, is a nice guy and drives an awesome open wheeler Hill climber.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Comment

What are these clamps called again:

I thought they were Norma clamps, but they are the pain in the arse spring clip things.
      Chris
      ------
      The MX5 Noujet (its up market) | The Hilux Complete Nugget
      I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by takai View Post
        What are these clamps called again:

I thought they were Norma clamps, but they are the pain in the arse spring clip things.
        Jubilee Clip is the trademarked name.

Otherwise worm drive hose or band clamp

Comment

Originally posted by Shonky View Post
          Jubilee Clip is the trademarked name.

Otherwise worm drive hose or band clamp
          Worm drive hose clamps or band clamps dont have the funky tensioning thing or the securing ridges. These are different again.
          Chris
          ------
          I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

This one time at band clamp...
            If you dig a hole and it is in the wrong place, digging it deeper isn't going to help.

Police warn that blow-up dolls are not recognised floatation devices.

Comment

Fuck it, you beat me to it! 🤘👍

Comment

Originally posted by Banzai View Post
                This one time at band clamp...
                Lol, classic.
                Chris
                ------

Comment

FWIW they are constant tension clamps, also called Murray clamps. Turbosmart sell them.

Norma sell similar ones, but without the ridges inside.
                  Chris
                  ------

Comment

I bought a heap of them from Owen developments a while ago, were very cheap from those guys

Oo___oO

Comment

Has anyone had much experience with paintless dent repair and paint cracking?

I had hail damage repaired under insurance using paintless dent repair. I have noticed in some areas the paint has cracked and flaked and they have covered it with clearcoat to stop it degrading any further.

Does this sound like something I can pursue through my insurer? I would imagine that the purpose of the repair is to bring it back to its pre-damaged state and consequently the state it is in now does not meet that?

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckP View Post
                        Has anyone had much experience with paintless dent repair and paint cracking?

Does this sound like something I can pursue through my insurer? Yes

I would imagine that the purpose of the repair is to bring it back to its pre-damaged state and consequently the state it is in now does not meet that? correct, we had 12 cars damaged at work from the last big hail event, some that where PDR still required repainting as they cracked/burnt/damaged the paint in the process. luckily i used our choice of repairer, so there was no arguments / issues, but i would have hated to be dealing with the specific PDR centres they set up to fix the cars.
                        Last edited by bg0013; 05-09-19, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Had an '08 Renault Megane with original paint (metallic beige, champagne sounds nicer)PDR twice because of hail damage in the last 3 years. Still looking good, with the paint in good condition. Car does get polished from time to time, but lives out in the weather. Shannons guarantee the repair for life. I haven't read the small print on how long that is.

Comment

Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Need to go to remote mounted brake reservoirs on the wifes Gemini to clear the twin mikunis and i need a bit of help. The go to back in the day was to use the res bottle/hoses and fittings from a Mazda 323 RWD as the hose fittings presses straight into the Gem PBR master. Problem is the cunts are incredibly thin on ground and next to impossible to find hence im stuck. The bits I need are these black 90deg barbs that are into the master

Anyone know what they are called/what the hell they actually are? Ive found Wilwood do one to suit their masters but it suits the Datsun/Toyota arrangemnet [where the reservoir slips OVER the master and clamps on].

Only other thing I can think of is to use a 45 or 90deg brass barb, and make an alloy plate bolted to the master to hold the fittings in - would that work? Being brakes...kinda keen to get it right.
                              1978 Gemini Sedan - Powered by i change my mind every week - R.I.P
                              1980 Gemini Sedan
                              1987 Range Rover Vogue
                              1996 TF Holden Rodeo

Comment

---
                                Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Working...
                                X