Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car questions that don't deserve a thread.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I fucked up a sale and wondering what I can do...
    My ad/terms (not on receipt) clearly state the car doesn't come with the swaybars. I told them why, a good dude had dibs on them for more than a year. It's a kit, complete with bushes, shims, brackets that reinforce the subframe. Here's where I fucked up, I forgot to take the subframe reinforcements off.
    These guys I sold to got a bargain since I cbf dealing with it and work at one of main Sydney Audi dealers anyway. Ideal method(s) of recourse and chances of getting them back?

Comment

[QUOTE=gmx;n7079776Ideal method(s) of recourse and chances of getting them back?[/QUOTE]

Ask nicely. Then give up.

Comment

Originally posted by gmx View Post
        , I forgot to take the subframe reinforcements off... Ideal method(s) of recourse and chances of getting them back?
        Offer them free servicing. Once you've got the car up on the hoist, improve it by reducing the used weight.

Comment

Looking around for a new 3/8 torque wrench and had a squiz on Amazon to see what they have. Came across this abomination:

https://www.amazon.com/Yellow-Jacket...resh=1&sr=8-32

Quite possibly the worst idea ever.
          Chris
          ------
          The new nugget
          I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by takai View Post
            Looking around for a new 3/8 torque wrench and had a squiz on Amazon to see what they have. Came across this abomination:

Cause walking back to the toolbox for the correct spanner is a cunt.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Originally posted by EnFlaMEd View Post
              Around 5 years ago my Sister bought a used Toyota certified 2008 Corolla from a Toyota dealership. Within 12 months the engine had sludged and was replaced under warranty although she was still made to contribute to the costs. Since then she has had the car serviced at the same dealership. Now the engine has packed up again due to sludging but its well out of warranty. The dealership is refusing any responsiblity for it. Is this a stiff shit situation or should she try and get something out of them?
              To answer this question properly, i think we would really need to see pictures of your sister.

Comment

I'm trying to diagnose the cause of a rough idle on a X6 35i that i picked up just recently. Replaced the coils and plugs, as well as the boost solenoid as it was dying, but still have jerky/stuttering idle.

Pulled the MAF sensor out to have a look and noticed that the inner wire had some corrosion, whilst the outer wire was still quite shiny. Would this have a noticeable impact on its operation? I am assuming it would, but would like some advice before forking out more dosh for another one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MAF LandR.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	474.3 KB
ID:	7083568

Comment

Polish off the corrosion & see what happens ?? + wipe clean with metho/contact cleaner....

Comment

Originally posted by Peter B - CV8 View Post
                    Polish off the corrosion & see what happens ?? + wipe clean with metho/contact cleaner....
                    The photos were from after I had sprayed it with the CRC MAF cleaner, which seemed to have little impact. I could try and remove it physically but the advice from the interwebs about MAFs has me hesitant to fiddle with it.

Though I might as well have a go at it, see how it goes, and just buy a new one if it doesnt work out.
                    Last edited by The Blimp; 19-10-19, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by takai View Post

https://www.amazon.com/Yellow-Jacket...resh=1&sr=8-32

so you know what torque to round off the nuts at?

Comment

Originally posted by The Blimp View Post

The photos were from after I had sprayed it with the CRC MAF cleaner, which seemed to have little impact. I could try and remove it physically but the advice from the interwebs about MAFs has me hesitant to fiddle with it.

Though I might as well have a go at it, see how it goes, and just buy a new one if it doesnt work out.
                        Yeah - my advise was assuming that you were probably committed to buying a new one & that you basically had nothing to lose by giving the old one a clean up & try....

Comment

Looks like the corrosion is just on the legs of a thermistor. I don't think it's the problem you're looking for.
                          Originally posted by Marlin
                          Chickens will slip under water in the cover of darkness like a seal team and FUCK YOU UP.

Comment

Originally posted by Faux Forg View Post
                            Looks like the corrosion is just on the legs of a thermistor. I don't think it's the problem you're looking for.
                            Would the corrosion not inhibit/impact upon its readings at all? Serious question as I have no idea about these things.

EDIT: Here is a bigger pic of the MAF. What should I clean?

Click image for larger version

Name:	MAF X6.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	1,001.5 KB
ID:	7083701
                            Last edited by The Blimp; 19-10-19, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Plug AFM back in, connect scan tool, view live data and look at cylinder smooth running values. It'll tell you exactly what cylinder (or cylinders) is causing the roughness, and how its trying to trim them to smooth out the running. You u can reset the calibrations for them if your tool is powerful enough, if it isn't, pay attention to the misfire events for each cylinder and kinda ignore the correction values. I don't understand why people just go straight to diagnosing physical components when we have very powerful computers, monitoring multiple systems right there available to help pinpoint issues.

If you don't have a scan tool, spend some money and get a bmw diagnostic cable set with bmw tools (ISTA, INPA, NCSExpert, etc). Under $100 and you'll be able to connect to and code just about any bmw using factory software.
                              Last edited by Madhatr; 20-10-19, 10:21 AM.
                              Originally posted by Buford T. Justice
                              This happens every time one of these floozies starts poontangin' around with those show folk fags.

Comment

Have you cleaned the throttle body?
                                2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
                                2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
                                I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

Working...
                                X