Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

commode vf2. why the fuck did they bother?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sold my vf for more than new price to a wholesaler. Yeah it was a redline but they're still a taxi pack with LS and leather

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
    VF2 Redline Ute
    E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoon View Post
      Sold my vf for more than new price to a wholesaler. Yeah it was a redline but they're still a taxi pack with LS and leather
      VF2 according to your .sig?
      Apparently there's at least one dealer with a $75k ask for a Spitfire '17 wagoon ...
      I was a little concerned about replacing ours should Something Bad happen (a VF which is NOT as much in-demand as a VF2), called Shannons, and the person I spoke to recommended setting it at $50k (~$65 yearly premium increase, agreed-value up from $37k). I mean, we bought it new for $54k & have had 5.5yrs' worth of use out of it ... never buy a new car, the depreciation's a killer!
      Of course, the current blip will go away before long (IMHO you timed the sale well), and we're not likely to sell for at least another 5 years (likely more) so we're not gonna benefit.
      Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Yeah vf2 17 model. Mid June build.

Based on what I sold for I was well underinsured.

I'm still of the belief that this is a short lived period of high prices.

GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
        VF2 Redline Ute
        E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

It's a bit of a struggle to insure them for what they are actually currently worth though
          Most nrma would insure my Xr8 Sprint for was $45k, even spoke to a supervisor who said yes I can see that the cheapest one for sale was $65k, but we can't insure it for anywhere near that.
          "We rely on glass' guide and they don't value it for that much. "

Ended up going with Shannons but fuck I had to pay for it.
          In the last 6 months it keeps going up and it's now worth more than what I paid for it.

​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Sturmovik View Post
            It's a bit of a struggle to insure them for what they are actually currently worth though
            Most nrma would insure my Xr8 Sprint for was $45k
            Ended up going with Shannons but fuck I had to pay for it.
            ​​​​​​
            That's interesting ... NRMA was about the same as Shannon's on the Commode for us BEFORE the Shannons multi-policy discount, but NRMA won't insure the Volvo.
            It cost an extra ~$65/yr to up the insurance on the Commode from ~$37k to $50k (Shannon's recommendation). Red Book is showing ~$34k ... which is a farcicle.
            Last edited by Captiva Fan; 20-11-20, 07:53 AM.
            Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoon View Post
              Dutton are making a killing and are basically first in to buy anything listed privately, they are making offers above the listed new price.

I reckon they may just put them all in storage and drip feed into the market to keep prices up

seems like it. Some of the cars they have in the vault...

others have ‘do not Photograph’ signs on them, then they pop up for sale months or years later.
              Originally posted by jmac
              ... he may have seen one of the signs of the apocalypse - 4 horsemen, fwd transmission, pestilence etc??

Comment

Working...
              X