Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Light dry cell battery recommendations

Collapse
X
Collapse
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by yohoes View Post
    I run a 550cca Lithiumax battery, $450.. alloy mounting bracket was $70 from them, although we modified it slightly

    I run my standard alternator, its less than 2kg and its smaller than a 330cca lead acid..

    You do have to run a trickle charger on it if you arent dailying it.. but if you flatten it to 2v like i did, who gives a fuck it'll be fully charged in a couple hours with no damage to the battery.. i use a Ctek lithium charger worth ~$120

    I've got one of those brackets in anyone wants it.

    Comment


      #17
      Full river HC20 on sale at the moment. $129 at batteries direct. Just picked one up as a spare for the ke70

      Comment


        #18
        Sounds like a damn good idea!

        Comment


          #19
          Fullriver HC20 still worthwhile to replace a borked Odyssey ES-12V650 / PC680?

          Comment


            #20
            Is really worth the trade offs in such a heavy car?

            What is the max weight saving you could hope for?

            (As you know I have a coon too)

            Comment


              #21
              I got a HC35 in the 300zx. Seems to be holding up well. It was 215 delivered.

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by Shonky. View Post
                Is really worth the trade offs in such a heavy car?

                What is the max weight saving you could hope for?

                (As you know I have a coon too)
                For a track only car, the SSBPowersport lithium batteries in a similar CCA are 1.7kg, vs 7kg for an AGM battery.

                Really can't justify over double the cost for the lithium battery for 5.3kg saving over the AGM Fullriver.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by yohoes View Post
                  I run a 550cca Lithiumax battery, $450.. alloy mounting bracket was $70 from them, although we modified it slightly

                  I run my standard alternator, its less than 2kg and its smaller than a 330cca lead acid..

                  You do have to run a trickle charger on it if you arent dailying it.. but if you flatten it to 2v like i did, who gives a fuck it'll be fully charged in a couple hours with no damage to the battery.. i use a Ctek lithium charger worth ~$120

                  r they safe next to fuel thingys?

                  smartphone as a spitroaster

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Those lithiumax ones look pretty decent. They don't need anything special regarding an alternator?

                    My current battery in the Mini weighs 15kg, 13kg weight loss in a 730kg car makes it worthwhile...

                    Comment


                      #25
                      That is epic - to ditch nearly 2% of weight so (relatively) easily

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Another Odyssey PC680 died.
                        The quality on these things has gone south.
                        Finally tried a Fullriver and very impressed so far (3mths) at $129.
                        BMW M140i daily. Honda Odyssey family car.





                        Wakefield 1.07.386 (FG Falcon - Street Tyres 1.08.8) Marulan Short FG Falcon 43.4 SMP GP FG Falcon 1.48.1 Winton FG Falcon 1.35.4

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Which model Full River for the Falcoon, my race car needs a new battery and have been recommended Full River.

                          Adam
                          Sandown 1.23.31
                          Calder 1.05.76
                          Phillip Island 1.47.95
                          Winton 1.33.30
                          H/Hills hill climb 1.03.3(FG XR6T)
                          Bathurst 2.47.49

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by adamRSLC View Post
                            Which model Full River for the Falcoon, my race car needs a new battery and have been recommended Full River.

                            Adam
                            I bought a second hand tested a 32ah or 42ah Odyssey as used on superv8 cars only for one race
                            as they usually suffer from vibration and supposedly replace them every race
                            that was 2004 and still perfect yesterday cranking over a 390 stroker capri (dads starts it up once a week)

                            I bought it at battery stop in Campbellfield and they often get similar sized performance batts

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by adamRSLC View Post
                              Which model Full River for the Falcoon, my race car needs a new battery and have been recommended Full River.

                              Adam
                              Think the one I got was a HC20. Much lighter than stock battery but only use if trying to save some weight for a track car. Each weight saving helps. For street use, I'd be using something bigger.
                              BMW M140i daily. Honda Odyssey family car.





                              Wakefield 1.07.386 (FG Falcon - Street Tyres 1.08.8) Marulan Short FG Falcon 43.4 SMP GP FG Falcon 1.48.1 Winton FG Falcon 1.35.4

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by datso View Post
                                I bought a second hand tested a 32ah or 42ah Odyssey as used on superv8 cars only for one race
                                as they usually suffer from vibration and supposedly replace them every race
                                that was 2004 and still perfect yesterday cranking over a 390 stroker capri (dads starts it up once a week)

                                I bought it at battery stop in Campbellfield and they often get similar sized performance batts

                                First PC680 I bought still works from 2009. Been flat a few times (which usually kills them) BUT still olds charge when trickle charged, but not perfect.
                                Bought another Odyssey PC680 in 2014. It died after 12 months. Can't be trickle charged to 80%.
                                BMW M140i daily. Honda Odyssey family car.





                                Wakefield 1.07.386 (FG Falcon - Street Tyres 1.08.8) Marulan Short FG Falcon 43.4 SMP GP FG Falcon 1.48.1 Winton FG Falcon 1.35.4

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X