Focus RS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rotorhead16 View Post
    Half baked thread revival, how are some of you blokes going with these things long term? Im looking at something smallish with some performance, so im keen to hear how these have gone reliability wise in the long term, seeing as most would be past warranty period.
    Just ticked over 87000km on mine (2016). It's been great.

Full list of issues:
    - drivers window button got a bit sticky when it was a few months old (fixed on warranty)
    - the clutch pedal would occasionally not return all the way (fairly common/trivial issue with the spring), again when pretty new. Entire pedal box and master cylinder replaced under warranty.
    - correct head gasket fitted from new, but had the recall done it tested all good. HG replaced as a precaution as part of the recall.
    - the fuel filler thing sometimes popped out so they replaced it under warranty

That's it. Basically small/trim items that popped up when it was pretty new (mine was an early production model) and have been fixed. I've never had any issues getting things covered under warranty - to the contrary, the local service bloke has been actually really good in finding ways of pushing a couple of these things through (for example the fuel filler thing was actually done a few weeks out of warranty but he got it done).

Comment

So what's the deal with Mountune stuff these days. Everything seems to be sold out & the company is being restructured? Does anyone know?

Comment

Mountune UK is the best of the 2.
        Stuff comes back into stock fairly often, but the demand is high, so it sells again straight away.
        I've heard of the re structure also, not too sure on the details, may have something to do with the US market no longer supporting the small car market and focusing on the SUV and truck side of things?
        I have a few Mountune parts on mine, and will be adding more they are quality parts!

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I didn't know if they were still in business. MRT don't seem to list all of their bits like they used to.

Comment

Best off buying them direct from Mountune UK in my experience
            MRT are cunts anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by rotorhead16 View Post
              Half baked thread revival, how are some of you blokes going with these things long term? Im looking at something smallish with some performance, so im keen to hear how these have gone reliability wise in the long term, seeing as most would be past warranty period.
              I’m selling mine if you want a well sorted late build one
              CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

Prices have gone crackers. I was going to sell mine for $35k not long before COVID but held on to it, cheapest one on carsales is now $43k.

Comment

There are not even any of the previous model LV available to buy. I wonder if they’ve skyrocketed also.
                  2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
                  2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
                  I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

The LVs on Carsales are $43-60k

Comment

I think it's a bit like [Sydney] house prices.
                      Everything has gone up and if you intend to replace it, what you feel like you've "gained" on resale pre & post covid will only be used on another vehicle that has experienced the same thing including new car prices too.

Comment

Plus there is no new RS to replace it with and possibly never will be

Comment

Fucken hell,
                          2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
                          2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
                          I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

Delete

Comment

Originally posted by tremolo View Post
                              Prices have gone crackers. I was going to sell mine for $35k not long before COVID but held on to it, cheapest one on carsales is now $43k.
                              Have seen people asking in the $50's

Comment

I'm asking mid 50s for mine but it does have $6k worth of brakes alone on it amongst other things. Low kms too and the hero colour. Zero bites although I know I'm catering to a different market compared to someone who wants a stock one. Maybe i'm better off returning it to mostly stock. Sell the brakes, carbon spoiler, race seat and potentially all the stock parts separately
                                CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

Working...
                                X