Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"new" Supra supposedly coming in 2018...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like that gt4 got a proper gearbox or is it just an agressively tuned stock auto?
    Last edited by burn is weird; 20-03-21, 03:28 PM.

Oo___oO

Comment

Originally posted by gmx View Post
      I guess it's one of those things that you tick off.
      "Have I owned a Ti exhaust and heard one regularly? - Yup, no need to do it again"
      i want one, but $$$, but also more so that it's $$$ for an item i would likely ding/dent on the road?
      Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
      Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

GT4 got the ZF 7DCT
        '84 Supra
        '86 Supra
        '99 Supra
        '19 Supra

Comment

Originally posted by my limp penis View Post
          yeah, that's the reason I haven't got one yet... I'll probably just end up DIY
          DIY a Ti system, I guess the mufflers will still be expensive but you can save some money. I didn;t give any fucks for titanium exhausts until I picked up a Ti system, the lightness is pretty amazing.

You could probably get most of the way with thinwall stainless, if you could find it.

Comment

Problem is, I'm not a fabricator, just an idiot with a TiG lol
            '84 Supra
            '86 Supra
            '99 Supra
            '19 Supra

Comment

Originally posted by MR-PUNANNY View Post
              Whatever Toyota/BMW have done with this car is awesome. Alot of people complained about the power figures....but the real proof is in the laptimes!

A guy I know took his to Wakefield last week, Semis and a Tune (I think it may have lowered springs?) and did 1.04.2! Thats an awesome time for the mods.
              You need to take his mods with a grain of salt, he bull shitted and under played his modded widebody M140 tried to pass it off as a stocker, when reality he was running big power/LSD and super expensive suspension.

Its a very respectable time but a better driver would do 3s with his set up.

Comment

Originally posted by my limp penis View Post
                Problem is, I'm not a fabricator, just an idiot with a TiG lol
                Just make a Facebook page and then you're a fully qualified engineer/fabricator.... that's the way it goes these days
                CISCOKIDS
                The Gentlemen's Club
                Midnight Rocker

Comment

So if you have ~70-80, do you buy an M2 or a Supra?
                  "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                  (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                  Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post
                    So if you have ~70-80, do you buy an M2 or a Supra?
                    depends if you want manual or no?
                    Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
                    Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

And if you prefer the look of one more than the other.

Comment

And whether or not you want a back seat.

Comment

for a daily, neither.. M140i for the same driveline and more sleeperness. at half the price too.
                          www.markpakula.com
                          2017 Subaru Impreza Hatch - for the grind
                          2015 Cervelo S2 - for the fitness
                          2005 Honda Accord Euro - for the wife
                          2010 BMW S1000RR - for the sanity

Comment

Yeah, M140i is almost the modern day chaser
                            '84 Supra
                            '86 Supra
                            '99 Supra
                            '19 Supra

Comment

Originally posted by Stevil View Post

You need to take his mods with a grain of salt, he bull shitted and under played his modded widebody M140 tried to pass it off as a stocker, when reality he was running big power/LSD and super expensive suspension.

Its a very respectable time but a better driver would do 3s with his set up.
                              Outside of WB where he stated tyre width, it had common M front control/thrust arms, a tune that he eventually ran on 98 with a standard turbo, and YCW/MFactory (rofl) dampers. How is that expensive? Nothing ingenious nor bespoke. The sauce is in the M upright anyway. The LSD was a quaife, slightly inferior to BMWP. Both inferior to the electric diff in this car and F-series onwards M cars.
                              Apart from that, there's always a tenth isn't there?

Cyl head and fuel system capability for the Supra is better than the M140i. Supra seems to have slightly shorter ratios, not that it helps.

Comment

Doesn’t original M2 have the N55 (sounds the best but the least mod potential), M2C the S55 (sounds average but lots of easy power) from the M3/4 while the M140 and Supra have the B58?

Comment

Working...
                                X