Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"new" Supra supposedly coming in 2018...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=852
    Some interesting info on tuning the engine in this.
    This is the guy who tuned my M140i.
    Cliffs: easy to get to 470bhp (just downpipe and tune). Fueling and MAF will need attention to safely go above that.

Comment

The side profile shot has way too much front and rear overhang:

Makes it look shit. BMW grey is a sweet colour though

Comment

Originally posted by Gary2JZ View Post
        People have bought uglier more expensive cars. Most of them didn't have a Toyota badge on them though.
        True, they had Lexus badges.....

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
        2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

Comment

As much as its no FT-1 I think is very much follows on from the supra nameplate.

Its the American aftermarket that has given the supra such reverence to the point where most believe it to be more than it was. The supra was always more of a competitor of the 300zx/Skyline GTT than the GTR, much to the dismay of most that's the reality of it.

As much as I, and im sure many others also, would have wanted them to build a car to suit the hype the last supra was priced well over 100k and didn't sell well at all. Toyota would have learnt from that. I believe the 86 was a dipping the toes in the water exercise in regards to costs vs sales and the 86 smashed it. People will buy a car that's affordable and good value, so bringing the supra under 100k makes it a lot more appealing to the masses. There aren't many people who can go and drop 150-200k on a car which is extremely limiting the markey potential for the vehicle, where as sub 100k is a much broader customer market. IE- Mustang 70k, Camaro 90k and 370z 70k etc.

Don't get me wrong, just like every other supra fanboy im disappointed it didn't even come close to reaching the FT-1 concept car. I can however understand why. Lets just hope that GR bring out a top line sports/track special.

Comment

Tough crowd. I think itís alright and should be a good steer. If it didnít have bmw underneath it most likely wouldnít of happened.
            Originally posted by Faux Forg
            I agree with Rdyno

Comment

Most important thing is its performance and reviews from the likes of Harris, etc

If theyre even half-decent no one is going to care what it looks like or how much is BMW

Originally posted by Jim
              I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
              Originally posted by elfturbomax
              What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
              1UZ+1NZ...

Comment

Originally posted by rowdytoot View Post
                True, they had Lexus badges.....

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
                That SC430 was the first thing that popped to mind.

Comment

LS400's 200K+ new, 5K now lol
                  CISCOKIDS
                  The Gentlemen's Club
                  Midnight Rocker

Comment

Originally posted by XXX19X View Post
                    Makes it look shit. BMW grey is a sweet colour though
                    The car looks okay in Shmee's video. But that looks pretty bad IMO. Looks like a 150kg guy who rapidly dropped to 120kg.

Comment

Dude down the street from me has one of those. His boyfriend has a brand new Mustang.
                      "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Originally posted by ROBAPHENT View Post
                        To be fair this is hardly unusual, look at 7-series BMWs for example - same cost then and now, plus the bonus of more unreliable

Originally posted by Jim
                        I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
                        Originally posted by elfturbomax
                        What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
                        1UZ+1NZ...

Comment

If they are around 70k I would buy in a heartbeat, I love it
                          I spoke to a dealer this morning and they said that Toyota does not allow pre-orders as we are only getting 300 of these next year... I think they will sell that allocation easy enough unless they price it over 100K (In which case why wouldn't you just buy a M2?)

Comment

Originally posted by ROBAPHENT View Post
                            LS400's werent 200k new. Or did i just miss the obvious exaggeration?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
                            I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

If it lost that little kickup on the tailgate and un-uglied the front end a bit it would help a lot.
                              Watched less than 2 minutes thanks to Old mate though.

I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Originally posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
                                LS400's werent 200k new. Or did i just miss the obvious exaggeration?

$110k-130k with options in 1990 in Australia.

Comment

Working...
                                X