Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"new" Supra supposedly coming in 2018...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, when you have disposable income you can pay those more competent then yourself to do these jobs so you can stick to what you do best (championship drifting and YouTube content)

While I'm not really into the American car-bro YouTube scene at least this guy is doing some cool original shit and taking us along for the ride.
    Last edited by burn is weird; 03-11-20, 06:58 AM.

Oo___oO

Comment

There hasn't been much Supra talk since the GR Yaris became the new hotness.

I'm after a weekender with fasts and not another project when I already have my RX7 requiring more work than I have time for. Something a bit unique that puts a smile on my face even just sitting in the garage, that I can do some track sprints in without the effort/hassle of a proper racecar, and enjoy on the road without worrying about the reliability or defect issues of something like a modded 180sx/S15/Evo.

With downpipe and tune Supras are 300+rwkw and running high 11s, along with good track performance. 2018+ Mustangs probably have better BFYB but they don't really do it for me in the looks department, nor does a turboed 86/BRZ. All the C6 Corvettes and R35 GTRs (except maybe a 2008/9 with a lot more kms) are $100k+ and older tech. If only the C8 Corvette didn't have a bullshit GM tax on it.

The 2019 Supras are available around $80k with under 5000km, which is more than I'd like to spend but I can't really think of many other options that do it for me?
      LS Powered FD3S RX7

Comment

Do you guys think Toyota will release an official apology for the MK5 Supra?

Comment

Why, what’s actually wrong with it?
          Apart from what it looks like & the lack of a manual gearbox.
          Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	4v2c2s.jpg Views:	0 Size:	55.4 KB ID:	7219887

I've been watching a tonne of reviews and builds and can't recall anyone disliking it, except to whinge about the fake vents and that they made it with BMW. I wasn't a fan of the front originally but when done without the hideous number plate mount it's really grown on me.
            Last edited by neil_se; 24-01-21, 03:25 PM.
            LS Powered FD3S RX7

Comment

Saw one today fanging up Brown Mountain, looks very cool. Composed through the bends. Mustang is still what i'm aiming for though, no manual in the Supra is the only reason.

Comment

Originally posted by FioriGuy View Post
                Saw one today fanging up Brown Mountain, looks very cool. Composed through the bends. Mustang is still what i'm aiming for though, no manual in the Supra is the only reason.
                Same. No manual, no care. They’ll die a slow death in the secondhand market.
                Originally posted by Stix Z
                i'm upset i lost that video of that aboriginal woman taking a dump on a train that was on youtube
                Originally posted by Jim
                Sorry, am late to this thread. I have been protesting against whitey oppressors all morning with my people. I shall serenade this thread with my didge until nash comes in and puts it all into perspective.

Comment

Cheapest on car sales is now $70k. Still polarised by the looks, but if you wanted a daily driver with a bit of oomph in a car that is still in warranty, with bugger all kilometres .. what else is there around the same price? If the prices keep tanking like they have I would definitely get one. Stupid COVID tax doesn't seem to have been applied either. I just checked out the prices on my current daily, cheapest on car sales with the same kilometres is 5 k more than I paid for it two years ago. (not that I can see it selling for that price).
                  "It takes beer to make thirst worth while."

Comment

A mate swung by with his yellow one on saturday.
                    71k new from Bill Buckle.
                    Had a tune and exhaust on it, easy 11's i reckon.
                    The gearbox makes it, would be so much slower in a manual.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhys View Post
                      A mate swung by with his yellow one on saturday.
                      71k new from Bill Buckle.
                      Had a tune and exhaust on it, easy 11's i reckon.
                      The gearbox makes it, would be so much slower in a manual.
                      Only proves that faster != funner, and a car like this is supposed to be fun.
                      Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Toyota : There is no other way to do a sports car, we had to collaborate.
                        Also Toyota : Here is a Yaris that shares almost no body parts with a yaris, has a special engine, roof, 4wd system and is made for a rally series that it will never drive in.

Also we are not going to put a manual in because of reasons... even though the architecture that we cut costs with comes with a manual.

The bullshit leaves a pretty sour taste.
                        this signature intentionally left blank

Comment

I also found it difficult to get into and im only 6ft.
                          The roofline tapers away and makes it hard to get into.

Comment

Originally posted by Reax View Post
                            Cheapest on car sales is now $70k. Still polarised by the looks, but if you wanted a daily driver with a bit of oomph in a car that is still in warranty, with bugger all kilometres .. what else is there around the same price? If the prices keep tanking like they have I would definitely get one. Stupid COVID tax doesn't seem to have been applied either. I just checked out the prices on my current daily, cheapest on car sales with the same kilometres is 5 k more than I paid for it two years ago. (not that I can see it selling for that price).
                            First year models will take a hit & worth less long term because they don't have the uprated engine/gearbox. Good for second hand buys. Suspension can be upgraded and engine can be tuned so .....
                            Last edited by Smudge; 26-01-21, 10:41 AM.

Comment

These will have the resale of a Z4 or Toyota 86 until in 30 years there will be this sympathy uptick in value to match the genuine classics of the era:- 370Z, F30 335, 135's etc. The entry level performance cars.

Kinda like 30 years ago comparing an RZ to a FD, GTR, GTO TT, E30 M3 etc. They were either significantly improved over base model, or actual GT racers from design and the supra was a RWD car with the same engine as actual taxi's in Japan.
                              Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

Originally posted by Roy928tt View Post
                                Youtube keeps suggesting I'd like to watch some tool fit a Judd V10 to a new Supra....

I tried to watch it, but the guy is such an arse clown I couldn't. He has absolutely no idea.
                                The quality of work that's being done to it is pretty incredible. Some serious coin being thrown about. Even to goal of getting it to 2400 lb is extreme

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Originally posted by 50RTD
                                Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

Working...
                                X