Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"new" Supra supposedly coming in 2018...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video evidence not loading...
    '13 Yamaha R1 // '16 Toyota Hilux SR5 // '00 Toyota Supra RZ // '72 Ford XA Fairmont

Sell me your old videogames? Nintendo, Sega, PlayStation, some XBox...

Comment

For under $1200 that the two mods cost me they made an astonishing difference. It feels like it went from fairly fast to proper fast. Maybe it's just been so long since I've driven a 350rwkw 1200kg FD. The power just comes on so linearly from low in the rev range and keeps pulling, particularly with so many gears. I'll try to get it on the dyno soon to see what it reads but the claimed gain is 25% at the wheels from the factory 220-230rwkw, so somewhere around 280-290rwkw.

Once flex fuel tuning is released I'll get a custom tune and that should net another 50rwkw.

I'll go start a build thread...
      6L FD3S RX7
      GR Supra

Comment

Originally posted by neil_se View Post
        It feels like it went from fairly fast to proper fast. Maybe it's just been so long since I've driven a 350rwkw 1200kg FD. The power just comes on so linearly from low in the rev range and keeps pulling, particularly with so many gears. I'll try to get it on the dyno soon to see what it reads but the claimed gain is 25% at the wheels from the factory 220-230rwkw, so somewhere around 280-290rwkw.
        Sounds great, when are you taking me for a spin?

Actually you should take it out to Willowbank, would be interesting to see what it does.
        Norbie!

Comment

For under $1200 that the two mods cost me they made an astonishing difference. It feels like it went from fairly fast to proper fast. Maybe it's just been so long since I've driven a 350rwkw 1200kg FD. The power just comes on so linearly from low in the rev range and keeps pulling, particularly with so many gears. I'll try to get it on the dyno soon to see what it reads but the claimed gain is 25% at the wheels from the factory 220-230rwkw, so somewhere around 280-290rwkw.

Once flex fuel tuning is released I'll get a custom tune and that should net another 50rwkw.

I'll go start a build thread...
          Funny your should say that. After poking our stock one around on the track a bit, I though to myself "shit with a dump pipe, tune, and some tyres I'd be worried this might have the FD for lap times.."

Comment

I had one behind my 310rwkw r33 at Sandown, was hanging with me down the straights but was quicker under brakes and corners once i let him through. Supra did a 1:20.9, made my 22.7 feel slow.
            Just had basics like dump pipe, tune, good pads, aftermarket rear wing and A050's. Very quick for what it was.

Comment

Andrew Hawkins recently ran a 11.4@119 with downpipe, custom tune and drag radials. A year ago if I'd thought about spending this sort of money on a car I don't think I would have looked past an R35 GTR but that sort of speed is pretty comparable and the only GTRs under $100k are 2008/9 models with 50,000+ kms.
              6L FD3S RX7
              GR Supra

Comment

After having mine since september 2019 I agree...

- least photogenic car ever, looks fucken fantastic with a slight drop IRL
                - could be louder
                - could be a bit faster

but still a bit of an animal with all the aids off

Have some ZE40 TA2 for it, just need some 285 19" rear hoops and we're set. Also have the stuff for a new exhaust (for louds only) but waiting on the track car engine build
                '84 Supra
                '86 Supra
                '99 Supra
                '19 Supra

Comment

Andrew Hawkins recently ran a 11.4@119 with downpipe, custom tune and drag radials. A year ago if I'd thought about spending this sort of money on a car I don't think I would have looked past an R35 GTR but that sort of speed is pretty comparable and the only GTRs under $100k are 2008/9 models with 50,000+ kms.
                  will be good to see the price point of the supra after 10 years, will it fall subject to BMW or 86 price value's.
                  CISCOKIDS
                  The Gentlemen's Club
                  Midnight Rocker

Comment

Have a watch of this, some great comparisons between Mk4, Mk5 and BMW M2, Z4. Some awesome visuals too, really well made video. Watch it on a TV, not on your phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuiujPC8cmo
                    I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Great watch, did enjoy his commentary.

I sat in the new Supra just to see what it was like, and the windscreen seemed to be so narrow. Though seeing the Heritage & Targa prototypes has definitely renewed my interest.
                      '13 Yamaha R1 // '16 Toyota Hilux SR5 // '00 Toyota Supra RZ // '72 Ford XA Fairmont

Sell me your old videogames? Nintendo, Sega, PlayStation, some XBox...

Comment

Originally posted by ROBAPHENT View Post

will be good to see the price point of the supra after 10 years, will it fall subject to BMW or 86 price value's.
                        I've been thinking the same.
                        .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

​​Toyota just started advertising the GR Supra on SoundCloud radio lol. It's a pretty decent ad actually, they use a 0-100kph exhaust clip in the background.

​​​
                          Kebabhunter

Comment

MK4 Turbo and MK5 same price
                            Attached Files
                            CISCOKIDS
                            The Gentlemen's Club
                            Midnight Rocker

Comment

Originally posted by ROBAPHENT View Post
                              MK4 Turbo and MK5 same price
                              I can't say an automatic A80 has that much appeal, if I had to pick between those two I'd go with the new one.

Comment

I'd like to think that anyone who drove both would prefer the A90 but humans are a strange bunch

Comment

Working...
                                X