Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"new" Supra supposedly coming in 2018...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ROBAPHENT View Post
    MK4 Turbo and MK5 same price
    Same thing is happening over this side of the ditch.

At least the mk5 undercut the competition by $3

Comment

An auto from 1998 is incomparable to a 2020 auto. You can argue a manual is a different kettle of fish for an mk4 as you can't get an mk5 with it but auto to auto comparison the mkV wins every time.

If I was cross shopping these Id take the mk5 every day of the week
      Last edited by burn is weird; 24-02-21, 07:57 AM.

Oo___oO

Comment

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post
        Have a watch of this, some great comparisons between Mk4, Mk5 and BMW M2, Z4. Some awesome visuals too, really well made video. Watch it on a TV, not on your phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuiujPC8cmo
        Interesting comparison, but I feel it's apples/oranges. Especially since the A90 is the first generation, and the M2 CS is the last hurrah. A90 vs first gen M2.... The M2 gets spanked in every measurable metric and I've heard is a better drive.

Comparing a modified A80 to a stock A90 isn't relevant. A stock A80 was great the for time, a capable GT cruiser. Stock for stock, the A90 is a far more engaging drive (My A80 was stock when I got it) - and sounds a boat-load better.

I'd also argue that a rear seat and MT doesn't make a Supra. I'd say out-there looks (remember how polarising the A80 was when it came out?) as well as capability as a liveable sportscar...

The A90 is a totally different beast with all the aids off. It is full of character - even with the auto. I often drive mine around town in manual mode - it does exactly what you tell it to do, and is utterly predictable. Far better than the DSG in a late model AMG C-Klass, or even the Lexus/Audi offerings in terms of engagement. The car is heaps of fun.

I think people forget that until 7 or so year ago - the A80 was still wildly unpopular (because all the Nissans/RX7s hadn't blown up?) yet lately it's boomed into an over-hyped beast. The A80 was intended to be a two-seat car, but with the parts-bin development (albeit within the Toyota range) it had to go four seat (and for registration costs in some markets).

Don't get me wrong - the A80 is a cool thing to drive and an awesome beast (especially since I've fucked with mine)- but so is the A90.... and despite pictures, I really think it's a stunner in real life. Plus you can fit 305s on them square with a set of coils. win.
        '84 Supra
        '86 Supra
        '99 Supra
        '19 Supra

Comment

Fuck, reading that I know I'll get one eventually. Really hoping we get a Heritage/Targa edition.
          '13 Yamaha R1 // '16 Toyota Hilux SR5 // '00 Toyota Supra RZ // '72 Ford XA Fairmont

Sell me your old videogames? Nintendo, Sega, PlayStation, some XBox...

Comment

You'll love it man, they are a fun, fun car. I sold my 2010 C63 for it, and while the AMG has left a 6,2 liter hole in my heart.... The A90 is just cool to drive around, even around town. Fairly quick too - some of the UK guys managed to run a flat 12 in them bone stock. Feels about W204 C63 quick....

Driving the GR Yaris and the A90 back to back - the Yaris is far more accessible performance, worse interior (but still good) and feels like you sit on it. The A90 feels low slung and like a sharper, more difficult to master weapon.

Just needs a louder exhaust
            '84 Supra
            '86 Supra
            '99 Supra
            '19 Supra

Comment

I agree with you on the exhaust, I'd love to hear a bit more in sport mode.
              6L FD3S RX7
              GR Supra

Comment

Fuck me selling this is hard at the moment. Cheapest one in Australia, lowest kms for a used one, and I still get $10k low balls

Comment

I'm surprised, the cheapest one in Qld is 80k.
                  6L FD3S RX7
                  GR Supra

Comment

Originally posted by lukevl View Post
                    Fuck me selling this is hard at the moment. Cheapest one in Australia, lowest kms for a used one, and I still get $10k low balls
                    I've been watching yours on carsales, i wonder about warranty impact. Maybe time to take the stickers off?

Comment

Originally posted by my limp penis View Post

Interesting comparison, but I feel it's apples/oranges. Especially since the A90 is the first generation, and the M2 CS is the last hurrah. A90 vs first gen M2.... The M2 gets spanked in every measurable metric and I've heard is a better drive.
                      To clarify, you mean the base M2 is a better drive?

The CS is $150k in Australia, if you can find one.
                      "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                      (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                      Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Originally posted by lukevl View Post
                        Swaps for Nova including the go fast parts on yours. :D
                        Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Originally posted by matts View Post

I've been watching yours on carsales, i wonder about warranty impact. Maybe time to take the stickers off?
                          What would be the warranty impact? Genuinely curious as I'm trying to figure out why it won't sell.

Originally posted by piss98 View Post

Swaps for Nova including the go fast parts on yours. :D
                          Be easier to sell!

Comment

It sounds like it has been modified then mods removed for sale... that may scare some off.

** UNMODIFIED OR MODIFIED ** Car is completely stock now- $71,990 [FAST] Car with a VRSF catted downpipe and MHD or BM3 PNP tune fitted- $73,700 [VF FAST]
                            Last edited by fury; 09-03-21, 06:52 PM.
                            RIP Simon - Ghost ride that whip in the clouds forever..

Comment

Fuck I did that thing again where I assumed people can read. I'll change the wording . Thanks guys

Comment

Just say "car is completely stock but can come with some additional performance parts at extra cost, parts only fitted for testing purposes" or something like that. Either way you word it, selling mod parts with it will make some people think it's been fiddled.
                                Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X