Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"new" Supra supposedly coming in 2018...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I’d be listing it as stock and selling the parts completely separately on Toymods or wherever. People looking for an expensive, basically new and under warranty Toyota don’t really want to hear about how it had aftermarket parts fitted and now is being sold.

Comment

Definitely. Get rid of the sticker, remove all mentions of aftermarket parts.
      this signature intentionally left blank

Comment

Ok wording updated. Will get the stickers removed and new photos soon. Thanks for the feedback guys

Comment

Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post
          To clarify, you mean the base M2 is a better drive?

The CS is $150k in Australia, if you can find one.
          sorry, apparently the Supra is the better drive.
          '84 Supra
          '86 Supra
          '99 Supra
          '19 Supra

Comment

Originally posted by my limp penis View Post

sorry, apparently the Supra is the better drive.
            Interesting! The motoring press has blown its load over the CS and I'm yet to see anyone ever talk highly about a Supra. Eg Matt Farrah (for all thats worth) was very underwhelmed.
            "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
            (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
            Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Originally posted by my limp penis View Post
              The A80 was intended to be a two-seat car, but with the parts-bin development (albeit within the Toyota range) it had to go four seat (and for registration costs in some markets).
              And Toyota only had 2 body style for their hero car - coupe & targa. Same as Mitsubishi - coupe & convertible for the GTO. Mazda only had 1 body style for the RX7. I'd say it was a smart move for Toyota having the old Supra 2+2 with the MR2 for the 2 seater market.

For their Fairlady Nissan had to have 2 seat, 2 seat targa, 2+2 & 2+2 targa body styles which gives you a lot more options but then again Nissan went broke.
              I can remember a writer (Pete Lyons?) mentioning at the time that Nissan had about 20+ different steering wheel designs when they could probably get by with 4 or 5. There were multiple examples of this expensive proliferation for little economic benefit.
              Last edited by Smudge; 10-03-21, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smudge View Post
                Nissan had about 20+ different steering wheel designs when they could probably get by with 4 or 5. There were multiple examples of this expensive proliferation for little economic benefit.
                you would be surprised how many manufactures have done this, instead of just reusing items across muiltiple ranges.

when i was building operational codes for repair/service work it was something that stood out with Hyundai and Kai, just about every car across the world used the same parts or very little change. then you go to the likes of GM,Ford. Etc and you have different parts depending on what state you buy the car etc.

CISCOKIDS
                The Gentlemen's Club
                Midnight Rocker

Comment

Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post

Interesting! The motoring press has blown its load over the CS and I'm yet to see anyone ever talk highly about a Supra. Eg Matt Farrah (for all thats worth) was very underwhelmed.
                  Sorry- Supra better than all M2 variants EXCEPT M2 CS... from what I have read. I've not driven an M2 in as much anger as the Supra. I think the supra is a delight. Just needs a louder eggsauce and maybe another 80kW
                  '84 Supra
                  '86 Supra
                  '99 Supra
                  '19 Supra

Comment

I find journalism funny when most of them bag on the M2CS not being that much better (esp considering price) than M2C except for "looks". Of course, I don't believe them. They're reviewing for an audience that is never going to feel or substantiate the difference with CFRP parts. And BMW continue to undertyre all their cars. What's the Supra got on it?

Don't you just think they're all full of shit when one says great things about the Supra drivetrain (B58+ZF8) but when reviewing the G8x M3/4 bags on the same box, saying the car lost sharpness compared to previous generations DCT? There's only so much a TCU config can do. It's not the same, it might get close but it just isn't. You'll hear this from owners but seldom from a large pool of reviewers instead they ride the manufacturers dick and say "it's just as good!"
                    Last edited by gmx; 11-03-21, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gmx View Post
                      IWhat's the Supra got on it?

255/275 Michelin Pilot Super Sports
                      6L FD3S RX7
                      GR Supra

Comment

whoops, wrong thread
                        Originally posted by Keith Duckworth
                        "I think that in a racing engine, the closer it is to disintegrating, in general the better its performance will be "

Comment

The ZF8 is fucking outstanding IMHO. Even compared to late model DCT (HAven't driven many porsche offerings though)
                          '84 Supra
                          '86 Supra
                          '99 Supra
                          '19 Supra

Comment

Fanged ours again last night. Fuck that gearbag is great

Comment

Originally posted by lukevl View Post
                              Fanged ours again last night. Fuck that gearbag is great
                              Is it in Brisbane Luke?

Comment

Originally posted by Marlin View Post

Is it in Brisbane Luke?
                                It can be if you want to buy it

Comment

Working...
                                X