Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"new" Supra supposedly coming in 2018...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So is the Supra the better/cheaper M2?
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
    (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Originally posted by neil_se View Post

255/275 Michelin Pilot Super Sports
      No idea why BMW stick with the PSS. They're an old design, degrade quickly, are crap in the wet and are expensive to replace.

I've changed two sets over in the past to PS4, which seems to be a much better tyre in all but absolutely the driest conditions. PS4S would be even better I'd imagine if you were running 19's.

Comment

Originally posted by lukevl View Post

It can be if you want to buy it
        I have a friend buying yuan predominantly as a track/weekend toy. He was initially thinking he was best to get a GTS for “the brakes” however it appears after some research that only the rear disc diameter differs and as such to pay the extra would be a folly. Do you know if that is accurate?

Comment

Yeah it's only the rear discs that differ. I believe they're
          348x36mm Front (GTS & GT)
          345x24mm Rear (GTS)
          330x20mm Rear (GT)

Agreed with the Michelin PSS, I'll be changing to the PS4S when I can justify it. I picked up a second set of rims today if I decide to get a set of semi slicks.
          Last edited by neil_se; 12-03-21, 08:06 PM.
          6L FD3S RX7
          GR Supra

Comment

Are the PSS "starspec"? I assume they are...
            PSC2 is also coming out with a BMW specific compound.

On a second set of wheels, it doesn't matter - imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlin View Post

I have a friend buying yuan predominantly as a track/weekend toy. He was initially thinking he was best to get a GTS for “the brakes” however it appears after some research that only the rear disc diameter differs and as such to pay the extra would be a folly. Do you know if that is accurate?
              Yeah what Neil said. Not sure if id pay the extra for a GTS to do that with it. A brake upgrade will be cheap and the GT is well appointed and otherwise lighter and faster at a guess.

looks like I finally sold ours today

Comment

On the new M3/4 reviews I watched this morning they come with PS4S standard and when changed to specific rims you can get Cup2’s.
                I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

So our Supra finally left today. Even though it was a work car I miss it already. Unsure what the feeling is but it will definitely be more appreciated in the future

Comment

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post
                    On the new M3/4 reviews I watched this morning they come with PS4S standard and when changed to specific rims you can get Cup2’s.
                    Explains why all reviews rave about the rear axle improvement over the outgoing and prior M2/3/4 - those cars had PSS or CS/GTS could get Cup 2 if optioned.

What's coming out of AIC for the Supra?

Comment

We don't develop products here- just facilitate. We have scan data of a chunk of it so maybe some people will want that in the future but it was mostly used for marketing work

Comment

I mean to say, what can we potentially expect? I keep banging on about the rear end, any scans done of arms/subframe?

Comment

Ah right. No not a lot of calling for data from the Supra. Still working on the performance companies. They are so used to being oppressed (as an industry sector) and doing their own thing that they aren't as integrated with us as the 4x4 companies yet

Comment

Saw that Japan has the original models (SZ, SZ-R, RZ) available. Anyone know the key differences and how they compare to the GT/GTS here in Aus? Will we see them imported if there are worthwhile differences?

https://paultan.org/2019/05/17/a90-t...ched-in-japan/

Basically bugger all difference to the GT/GTS here (RZ wise), and the SZ and SZ-R I struggle to see the need to exist seeing the A80 did not have a 2L option.
                            Last edited by shifted; 17-03-21, 10:02 AM.
                            '13 Yamaha R1 // '16 Toyota Hilux SR5 // '00 Toyota Supra RZ // '72 Ford XA Fairmont

Sell me your old videogames? Nintendo, Sega, PlayStation, some XBox...

Comment

Originally posted by shifted View Post
                              Saw that Japan has the original models (SZ, SZ-R, RZ) available. Anyone know the key differences and how they compare to the GT/GTS here in Aus? Will we see them imported if there are worthwhile differences?

https://paultan.org/2019/05/17/a90-t...ched-in-japan/

Basically bugger all difference to the GT/GTS here (RZ wise), and the SZ and SZ-R I struggle to see the need to exist seeing the A80 did not have a 2L option.
                              I'm not sure what the relevance here is? It's the same as the Mustang. There was no original 4 cylinder, but market conditions change and there is an opportunity for a lower cost, lower emission etc version of the hero car to sell to a different demographic.

Comment

^ While this comment is being made with no knowledge of what the JDM badging used to mean, the n/a A80 would (sort-of) align with the current 2.0T wouldn't it?
                                Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Working...
                                X