Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"new" Supra supposedly coming in 2018...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rascasse
    replied
    Originally posted by [SPESHAL] View Post
    Doesn’t original M2 have the N55 (sounds the best but the least mod potential), M2C the S55 (sounds average but lots of easy power) from the M3/4 while the M140 and Supra have the B58?
    Correct on all fronts.

Leave a comment:

• [SPESHAL]
    replied
    Doesn’t original M2 have the N55 (sounds the best but the least mod potential), M2C the S55 (sounds average but lots of easy power) from the M3/4 while the M140 and Supra have the B58?

Leave a comment:

• gmx
    replied
    Originally posted by Stevil View Post

You need to take his mods with a grain of salt, he bull shitted and under played his modded widebody M140 tried to pass it off as a stocker, when reality he was running big power/LSD and super expensive suspension.

Its a very respectable time but a better driver would do 3s with his set up.
    Outside of WB where he stated tyre width, it had common M front control/thrust arms, a tune that he eventually ran on 98 with a standard turbo, and YCW/MFactory (rofl) dampers. How is that expensive? Nothing ingenious nor bespoke. The sauce is in the M upright anyway. The LSD was a quaife, slightly inferior to BMWP. Both inferior to the electric diff in this car and F-series onwards M cars.
    Apart from that, there's always a tenth isn't there?

Cyl head and fuel system capability for the Supra is better than the M140i. Supra seems to have slightly shorter ratios, not that it helps.

Leave a comment:

• my limp penis
    replied
    Yeah, M140i is almost the modern day chaser

Leave a comment:

• trent from punchy
    replied
    for a daily, neither.. M140i for the same driveline and more sleeperness. at half the price too.

Leave a comment:

• IMOA
    replied
    And whether or not you want a back seat.

Leave a comment:

• Bren
    replied
    And if you prefer the look of one more than the other.

Leave a comment:

• clutch-monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post
    So if you have ~70-80, do you buy an M2 or a Supra?
    depends if you want manual or no?

Leave a comment:

• itsnotagsr
    replied
    So if you have ~70-80, do you buy an M2 or a Supra?

Leave a comment:

• ROBAPHENT
    replied
    Originally posted by my limp penis View Post
    Problem is, I'm not a fabricator, just an idiot with a TiG lol
    Just make a Facebook page and then you're a fully qualified engineer/fabricator.... that's the way it goes these days

Leave a comment:

• Stevil
    replied
    Originally posted by MR-PUNANNY View Post
    Whatever Toyota/BMW have done with this car is awesome. Alot of people complained about the power figures....but the real proof is in the laptimes!

A guy I know took his to Wakefield last week, Semis and a Tune (I think it may have lowered springs?) and did 1.04.2! Thats an awesome time for the mods.
    You need to take his mods with a grain of salt, he bull shitted and under played his modded widebody M140 tried to pass it off as a stocker, when reality he was running big power/LSD and super expensive suspension.

Its a very respectable time but a better driver would do 3s with his set up.

Leave a comment:

• my limp penis
    replied
    Problem is, I'm not a fabricator, just an idiot with a TiG lol

Leave a comment:

• Roadsailing
    replied
    Originally posted by my limp penis View Post
    yeah, that's the reason I haven't got one yet... I'll probably just end up DIY
    DIY a Ti system, I guess the mufflers will still be expensive but you can save some money. I didn;t give any fucks for titanium exhausts until I picked up a Ti system, the lightness is pretty amazing.

You could probably get most of the way with thinwall stainless, if you could find it.

Leave a comment:

• my limp penis
    replied
    GT4 got the ZF 7DCT

Leave a comment:

• clutch-monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by gmx View Post
    I guess it's one of those things that you tick off.
    "Have I owned a Ti exhaust and heard one regularly? - Yup, no need to do it again"
    i want one, but $$$, but also more so that it's $$$ for an item i would likely ding/dent on the road?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X