Summernats 30 now 31 now 32 now 33

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the guy just banged his head and spent the night at the local it would of been no flat trays and that would of been it.

Having a death gets people involved who look at it like a death at a workplace, everything gets looked at and if there are causes for concern you have to follow their recommendations. I think if the victim or driver was drunk it might mean no booze and that's it, insurance will go bunta but it is what it is.

Comment

First starting going as a kid when you could camp on northbourne..it was more fun outside the complex with all the cars cruising..setting up runs on highway etc untill had the riots...it was wild cars skidding up the road cunts grabbing bumpers skiing behind on oil soaked thongs or boots.

You'd just rock up at canberra try enter car if full find a hotel or slept in car/tent

Once outside camping got banned had to camp inside...shit got crazy 9=10pm they closed the gates burnouts,fireworks all sorts of shit...there was back section called The Bronx for skids/burnouts or hear someone fire up a car 3-4am rip helis then hide it back inside marquee .

Last decade pissheads & young cunts going wild upped the fuckwit factor each year.
      an easy fix is get a mate to drive in front of you at 60 then 80 then 100 and mark in on your speedo with some liquid paper.

Comment

The last nats I attended was probably 2000, a fair number of families during the day but I agree, by late afternoon things were starting to go nuts. Even in the late 1990s they were having serious thoughts about the alcohol situation, knew one of the blokes running event security and he was of the opinion that alcohol had to be either banned, or heavily restricted with a zero tolerance for drunken stupidity. Sadly the almighty dollar beat common sense.
        That being said, 15-20 years ago you'd have guys dropping skids anywhere, and everyone would back off and give them room. Hell, the burnout comp was orginally down the road from the servo down to the main gate! The drunken yobbos were usually just yelling show us ya tits, not tryng to punch on.

I reckon must of the trouble now isn't just alcohol related, it's attitudes.

Comment

Originally posted by (pennywise) View Post
          Chic Henry sold it before it went to shit
          Correction, Chic Henry went broke and needed an out. He had a few fire sales of old merchandise before handover. Back in 2008, he said that the expenses to run it were over $3mil. But he is still a big part of it.

Comment

I hope that they don't try and hold a moment of silence for the poor guy. There is no way that crowd would stay quiet for it.
            Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

Summernats 30

There is no issues now really, safest it's ever been, I've been going all my life and I would happily take kids/women. Just need to know where to go/not go and you're fine.

People complaining act like they are actually here and know what it's like but havent been since 2003....
              AutoMotif

VC Valiant

Comment

Yep. Ten years ago I'd have agreed with the not bringing your wife or kids; went yesterday and it was tame enough. Probably still prudent to take the kids home before nightfall but how many other nighttime events with alcohol would you take your kids to anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Falc&Send View Post
                  On to lighter things. This girl is going for Grand Champion in her FB Holden. I think there has been discussioin about this car previously on PF

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-...06-gtn78x.html

Shirley that abortion has zero chance of winning. #bettergotospecsavers #Fonziejumpingtheshark
                  I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Its the same shit year after year it never gets better. Same breed of toothless "fords/holdens the best, won bathhurst maaaate" type of characters get minor brain bleeds from the heat and alcohol mid afternoon, they start carrying on like pork chops. All the more normal car enthusiast types then start to lower their standards of behaviors because "lol look at that fuckwit i'm nowhere near as bad as that" The entire standard of the crowd degrades throughout the day into chaos.

Re, old mates face plant off the back of a ute and general spectator injuries. Call me insensitive but its taken 29 years for someone to die, if you chose to get on the back of anyone's Ute and aren't holding on, drivers being a muppet, you died because you were sitting there, a situation you put yourself in. Everyone complains about the nanny state bullshit, then they go and complain when they were unaware that something dangerous could have resulted in injury.
                    I was there the year that ute went through the barricade with a few friends and my old man, we were sitting a bit further around the bend eating some chips and beers on the grass. We had the shits because every mouth breather got up and was crowding to the fence to get a better look??? at 3 utes drifting past spraying dirt in the crowds face, low and behold one tank slapped it into the crowd and just nosed in gently, had the tards not be packed in like hot dogs there wouldn't have been anything to report.
                    Even outside the event, runs have been happening all week long throughout the night. I was watching blokes standing just off the road in the slip lane 200-300 meters from the start line filming cars fly past them at ridiculous speeds. Honestly how fucking thick could you be, i called a few cunts out on it and the response "fuck off, nah its fine bruz", Just stand behind a pole or a big tree for fucks sake at least if they lose it the tree should save you.

Comment

Originally posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
                      Shirley that abortion has zero chance of winning. #bettergotospecsavers #Fonziejumpingtheshark
                      I kinda love it, kinda hate it. Best part about it is having a serious crack at something genuinely different and not just a '57 with a blower.

Comment

Originally posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
                        Might not be everyone's taste, but it's original and very well done. At the end of the day what's going to get attention, this or one of a thousand seemingly similar '57/Monaro/Camaro/Mustang etc?

Comment

https://www.streetmachine.com.au/features/1306/tailspin

Thought it was this thing. Some dude did similar to a VS Commodore wagon and it arguable looks better, even though its rough as guts.
                          Originally posted by oioioioioi
                          I've never said or implied everyone on that page was a deadshit - just that there's a concentration of deadshits there. Think of it like a mine, but instead of a rich vein of gold bearing quartz, it's a rich vein of spastic bearing facebook posts.
                          Originally posted by Sketchy
                          Any peanut who thinks they could have done it better from the comfort of their armchair or work desk is a genuine mong level potato.

Comment

Originally posted by 26ODET View Post
                            I kinda love it, kinda hate it. Best part about it is having a serious crack at something genuinely different and not just a '57 with a blower.
                            If there was more of this sort of stuff I might bother to go

Comment

Originally posted by Soopy View Post
                              https://www.streetmachine.com.au/features/1306/tailspin

Thought it was this thing. Some dude did similar to a VS Commodore wagon and it arguable looks better, even though its rough as guts.
                              There was an HJ wagon that did a couple of 'nats 20 years ago, there were a few similar cars in the US as well.
                              But Tailspin is probably the best built, and most difficult one because it's not just 1 model of car turned around, it's blending the front and rear of an old car onto the center of a modern one. Which is a difficult concept to get right, despite what those who try and graft the ends of a '50 Ford onto a 1980s T-bird think.

Comment

Oh I know its no easy task, but then neither is getting crocodiles to fuck and I'm not sure either one of these has an outcome worth the effort personally.
                                Originally posted by oioioioioi
                                I've never said or implied everyone on that page was a deadshit - just that there's a concentration of deadshits there. Think of it like a mine, but instead of a rich vein of gold bearing quartz, it's a rich vein of spastic bearing facebook posts.
                                Originally posted by Sketchy
                                Any peanut who thinks they could have done it better from the comfort of their armchair or work desk is a genuine mong level potato.

Comment

Working...
                                X