Summernats 30 now 31 now 32 now 33

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security where trying to take my keys on Saturday night claiming I was ripping skids all day (my car can't even chirp the tyres!) we had 4 zone managers at my camp trying to find me and take my keys. My bro ended up going to the head office and talked to the big wigs to clear my name.

This was after having head camping security come to our camp Friday night and made us move out electric cord mid way through the hip hop shows. Was complete bullshit (as everyone has cords going over roadways) and actually made it way more dangerous.

Seemed like they had it out for us or something
    AutoMotif

VC Valiant

Comment

Originally posted by TUFGMH View Post
      The digital side of the event seems to be well received and spot on for most, two points that still seem to be struggling after endless years are parking and ticket booths.

Parking: Come across 2 gates on Saturday, both car parks were completely full. Instead of having the gates closed or barricaded off, or anything to suggest full like a sign saying full, they had a person standing there with a line up of 100 cars waving them off 1 by 1 which took 10-20 seconds per car. The carpark at the racetrack with parking had amateurs on the gate. With 2 people working the line and parking tickets getting low, would you send 1 off to get more before they end? No, wait for them to run out, slowly stroll 200m to the storage both, waddle back after a 2 minute rummage, then start again whilst cars are banked back onto Flemington Rd in 2 directions... There needs to be better strategies in place..

Ticket booths: Prepaid lines have been a lot longer than "pay now" lines for a few years now, the extra booth helped but 30-50 minutes is still a long time when added to the same amount of time for parking. When paying $90 for a day, people have better things to do then spending 1-2hrs getting in. The scanning system then froze for 5 minutes+ at the booth adding to the frustration.
      I can't say from my experience but I had to do two trips from Gungahlin to EPIC and my mate saw me both times while being in line to get his pre-paid ticket.

Another took an hour to get in after getting sent three different places to park.

PSA the front gate ticket booth is open till super late. Another mate got his ticket at 1 in the morning and took him 20mins to get in in the morning
      BF XR6T - TE Sedan - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS - VF SS Redline

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Comment

On a security positive, the security peoples coming in from the maccas side (federal highway) where really nice!

I'd say they got flogged with shitcunts all day and still nice!

I had a "mishap" yesterday and even those guys that looked like pricks where actually pretty nice/useful.

Having said this I don't take cars down tuff street incase any of this bs happens.
        BF XR6T - TE Sedan - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS - VF SS Redline

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Ke26 Wagon View Post
          haha thanks Pete.

First time getting booted but have been on their "watch list" apparently for many years. Not fussed. Was more pissed that I wanted to do the burnouts for my cousin that was going home to San Diego the next day
          I'm trying to figure out how taking the keys stopped you from driving an old Holden? The only thing I'd be worried about is losing my so cal speed shop key ring :D
          Originally posted by RVK 355
          Hold it flat cunt

Comment

Was a good weekend! Most people I have seen there ever.

On Saturday we had mates up top saying it took 30mins to get into parking and then 1 hour+ to get their ticket even prepaid was just as slow. We came in next to the race course was less then 5mins to get a park then I was waiting maybe 5mins to get into prepaid tickets. Mate was probably 10-15mins in normal line up.

Was definitely weird seeing all the utes with no one in the back, but as some already said seemed to lessen the boob chanting.

Saw plenty of skids on the cruise route security seemed pretty reasonable aslong as you didn't do something huge/stupid. Even down tuff st on Saturday arvo they were pretty good until the fat, bald, 50 year old virgin whos wife left him and he now hates the world 'Event Control' came along and told every single car if you do a skid your out.

Saw Jones cunt do a few skids, Ute sounds Mint 👌 and big Pete there was another Val down there just like yours, was it a case of mistaken identity?

Will be interesting to see what happens next year but might enter the skid car, wouldn't be keen on taking the SS there though..

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Motherfucker Jones View Post
              I'm trying to figure out how taking the keys stopped you from driving an old Holden? The only thing I'd be worried about is losing my so cal speed shop key ring :D
              A guy in one of tents offered me a paddle pop stick. That's the only thing wrong with it, its the only HQ that actually has working locks

Comment

Haha I was there when this happened! I ran over to your window and said something like "Oh mate what did you do that for now you're going to get booted" and you had this look of frustration on your face and said something about not being able to get your burnout slot in. Funny as, that whole situation was plain ridiculous so I can bet you were annoyed.

I had a great time again and would also echo some previous observations that by and large security were letting a fair bit go Tuff St and indeed some other points on the cruise route like outside the dyno cell. They often had a smile on their face and were just happy to film and have a laugh. On Saturday they were doing literally nothing to stop people standing on the road behind the grand stand (mainly on the opposite side were the most lunatics gather). Crowds were just so deep and rowdy I guess. I don't really see the problem with the Tonner winning Grand Champ. It seemed like a well put together car even if it was fairly 'run-of-the-mill' in terms of a competition style driveline layout. All the rear end was Pro-9 gear so hardly ground breaking but it is built for purpose. I hope the Perry's aren't too disappointed with how things panned out with the FB, just the way it goes on the day particularly with the final driving events. My pick from the Pavilion was the green Model A tudor; largely spot-on in styling and well finished.

Oh and just to get this right Mark Williams has a whole fleet of other wild cars? Well done to him then.

Burnout Masters Final - meh I don't know anything about the scoring. Heaps of grizzled bogans walked out in disgust with Nogas won muttering many things about Lynchy being robbed. Decent spectacle to watch anyway.

Oh and once again the Horsepower Heroes was well behind schedule on Sunday. I don't know why I didn't just get up and walk off after the forced induction six cylinder cars but I figured it might be good to watch in until the end to see the whole TRYHRD show pan out. I gave up in the end and took off so I could see the Grand Champ presentation and the start of the burnouts.
                1971 Mazda 1300 Estate Deluxe 1500cc Twin SU - 1979 Mazda RX7 12APP - 1994 Mazda Familia GTR - 1973 Mazda 1300 Wagon

Comment

Saturday arvo on tuff street one of the older coconut dudes came up to me, patted me on the shoulder and said "once you get past me you've got a free go"

Ripped heaps of two gear skids on brake. They were pretty easy going til about 4.30 when I tapped the wall and got my 'final warning' (also my first)
                  Hold it flat cunt

Comment

Good to see security hasn't changed, has always been the luck of the draw if they'd let you do a skid. I have a fuzzy recollection that they tolerated skids on tuff street only, drop a skid on the main cruise route and you're asking for trouble. The real loose cunts would go further around behind the stables and then things got real crazy, security was pretty lax iirc. I do remember Ahmed(?) in the HD ute popping the tyres then limping the thing away. Another loose spot was up the top behind the dog rings, recall a volvo doing a bigger skid up there than on the burnout pad.

Comment

Originally posted by Motherfucker Jones View Post
                      Saturday arvo on tuff street one of the older coconut dudes came up to me, patted me on the shoulder and said "once you get past me you've got a free go"

Ripped heaps of two gear skids on brake. They were pretty easy going til about 4.30 when I tapped the wall and got my 'final warning' (also my first)
                      Thats where I saw all of yours 👍 hahaha

Comment

Are the driving events worth it? I've been as a spectator many times but am contemplating entering in the Mighty Boy for shits and giggles next year.

Mostly so I can say things like 'took me fuckin ute to summernats ey' and 'only milk and juice comes in two litres', but also because local driving events.
                        ><

Comment

Originally posted by irsa76 View Post
                          Another loose spot was up the top behind the dog rings, recall a volvo doing a bigger skid up there than on the burnout pad.
                          One of the biggest burnouts i saw around 2000ish was a stock looking Volvo 240 wagon with an angry V8, around 1am in the tree lined straight between the Shell and the dyno cell. Backs it out onto the cruise route at 90deg to traffic, fries the back tyres off it, then sneaks back into the darkness of the campsite. Best thing was the custom novelty "FUCKCHIC" plates on it (back when Chic Henry still ran it.)
                          Originally posted by Rdyno
                          It's fucking storytime with Rdyno cunt shut the fuck up and fuck off.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeo View Post
                            Are the driving events worth it? I've been as a spectator many times but am contemplating entering in the Mighty Boy for shits and giggles next year.

Mostly so I can say things like 'took me fuckin ute to summernats ey' and 'only milk and juice comes in two litres', but also because local driving events.
                            Not sure how you'd go in the burnout comp bro. Actually I'm not sure they'd let you enter in the first place but that's just an email to find out
                            Hold it flat cunt

Comment

Am I the only one seeing the irony in a flat bed winning?

The security cracking down, you think it may have been after that bloke ended up in hospital, and later unfortunately passing?

Went once for 27 and was sick so went again for 29 last year. Had fun, lots of top people there. The agro dickheads came about after dark which I kept my distance from (even if they started something it's easy to walk away from someone who can barely stand) and had a blast.

Would I do it again as a spectator. No. But glad I went. If you haven't gone do it for a day or two, its "unStray'n" not to.

Would I take a car. Definitely not. The place is waiting for some fucktards to ruin peoples hard work.

Comment

Would it be possible to get an unregistered vehicle permit and drive from Dickson to EPIC each day?
                                1971 Mazda 1300 Estate Deluxe 1500cc Twin SU - 1979 Mazda RX7 12APP - 1994 Mazda Familia GTR - 1973 Mazda 1300 Wagon

Comment

Working...
                                X