Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tripper View Post

I know blown cars make bulk power from down low, ive owned one, it was near impossible to take off without spinning the wheels.
    We never had that issue..

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

A mate builds burnout cars. His latest runs an ls3, glide and a 6.23 to 1 diff ratio. Apparently peeps are now going with silly ratios rather than revs
      Originally posted by Marv
      Only be concerned if that Dunning-Kruger Motorsports bloke is there and goes all Captain Damphands McGigglefingers on you after a couple of lemon squashes....

I'M NOT A HOOKER BUT 20 BUCKS IS 20 BUCKS...

robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

Umm the wheel speed would be terribly low with a 6.23:1. I think some wires have been crossed somewhere in that story. Of if it where the case it would need way more revs.
        I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Wasn't Garry Myers "only" running a 289 with a 6/71 for all those years in his old Mustang before giving it to his son?
          A guy I worked with reckons he asked Gary the specs so he could copy it for his 33 3W Coupe and said it was a pretty basic set up.

/ --------------- \
          _/ /___________\ \_
          /_________|_________\
          |OOO ___________ OOO|
          \______|====|______/
          [_]-------------------[_]

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisS View Post
            Wasn't Garry Myers "only" running a 289 with a 6/71 for all those years in his old Mustang before giving it to his son?
            A guy I worked with reckons he asked Gary the specs so he could copy it for his 33 3W Coupe and said it was a pretty basic set up.
            I too thought it was a 289 but according to the link below it is a 302.... and fairly basic.

https://www.whichcar.com.au/features...-mustang-coupe

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Originally posted by Sloth View Post
              A mate builds burnout cars. His latest runs an ls3, glide and a 6.23 to 1 diff ratio. Apparently peeps are now going with silly ratios rather than revs
              I cant see why you would go to a 6.23 in a skid car, if anything, 2.75 and lower if possible to get the wheel speed in top gear approaching warp speed.
              More smoke and vastly longer engine lifespan cause you dont have to turn it so fast.

Skid engines are a bastard of speedway and marine, they dont need to make heaps of power for what they are but just need to work in a car on methanol and be able to sit on a really high rev limit for at years worth of shenanigans and skids, one minute at a time.
              I'm sure there are some guarded secrets to getting the lifespan out of them, I dont think there are any other applications where a blown motor is run at such high RPM's for an extended period of time.
              Last edited by dnegative; 11-01-20, 08:15 PM.

Comment

i think the idea is to get the tyres to last the full minute, with a tall diff they are gone too quickly

Comment

You can do it with 8500rpm and a 3.20
                  Or do it with 2.75 and 6500rpm

You will take the 6500rpm because the wear on parts goes up exponentially with engine speed.

Comment

I just msgd him, I got it wrong, apparently he's after 260kph wheel speed at 4500 rpm?
                    Originally posted by Marv
                    Only be concerned if that Dunning-Kruger Motorsports bloke is there and goes all Captain Damphands McGigglefingers on you after a couple of lemon squashes....

I'M NOT A HOOKER BUT 20 BUCKS IS 20 BUCKS...

robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

A couple of the wilder cars make well over 1000 but I'd put the average engine power in the Masters field at 6-700. Have seen engine dyno stuff from the outliers though and they pack enough hardware and have made north of 1500. At the other end of the scale, Lynchy's junkyard LS stuff makes about 4-450hp.
                      Originally posted by piss98
                      I wish Kochie would get blown out to sea and never found, in fact most of those dumb cunts standing in the rain telling people not to stand in the rain need to get fucked. Stupid tart on the news last night talking to the weather guy "wow you look totally drenched there whateverthefuckhisnamewas." No shit you vapid bitch he is standing in a fucking cyclone.

Comment

Originally posted by 2rismo View Post
                        A couple of the wilder cars make well over 1000 but I'd put the average engine power in the Masters field at 6-700. Have seen engine dyno stuff from the outliers though and they pack enough hardware and have made north of 1500. At the other end of the scale, Lynchy's junkyard LS stuff makes about 4-450hp.
                        I'm not a burnout comp aficionado, but fuck Lynchy is entertaining to watch - and has a hell of a feel for it.
                        This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

Burnout comps are boring tbh.
                          My brother in law tells me that they're trying to reduce revs to keep the engines that much happier.

My other mate changed the ratio so he didn't rev as hard. He said after his VN catching fire last year he was more interested in smoke than revving the neck outta it then burning his quarters off.

x2 Lynchy is about the only one I'll watch go.

2rismo the internet is saying 50% entries filled?
                          Is there a 2k cap again and if so is that correct? Or is it a bit of a trick to get people to enter early. PM if it's sensitive info lol
                          Last edited by no13b_Coupe; 14-01-20, 11:22 AM.
                          BF XR6T - TE Sedan - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS - VF SS Redline

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Comment

Originally posted by no13b_Coupe View Post
                            Burnout comps are boring tbh.
                            2rismo the internet is saying 50% entries filled?
                            Is there a 2k cap again and if so is that correct? Or is it a bit of a trick to get people to enter early. PM if it's sensitive info lol
                            As of this second it's 56%. Yes, capped.
                            I wish Kochie would get blown out to sea and never found, in fact most of those dumb cunts standing in the rain telling people not to stand in the rain need to get fucked. Stupid tart on the news last night talking to the weather guy "wow you look totally drenched there whateverthefuckhisnamewas." No shit you vapid bitch he is standing in a fucking cyclone.

Comment

Where do I find results from Summernats?
                              Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                                Where do I find results from Summernats?
                                Facebook page in galleries.

Comment

Working...
                                X