Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smacktalk
    replied
    Originally posted by BeverlyHillsCop View Post
    An opinion piece by another tree hugging nimby fuckwit journo.

Leave a comment:

• mad_cow
    replied
    Originally posted by BeverlyHillsCop View Post

OT... How much federal money is poured into ACT?

The bushfire has already been.... back in 2003....
    90% of everyone's pay cheque is tax money.
    The parliamentary triangle is all fed tax.

At times the the fed gov has handed over money to ACT gov for major projects and upgrades.

Leave a comment:

• data_mine
    replied
    Originally posted by mizone View Post
    Start Rant

It amazes me.

I take off from Perth and land in Sydney. The heavily congested roads have tolls but are fucked all the way to the ACT border. The moment you cross that border, BAM it's like another planet. Grass mowed on the verges, roads smooth government buildings amazing in architecture and expensive materials used..

It's all our money. The money made by other states all shoved into that useless place.

Take SummerNats out and the place has no reason to take all our tax payer dollars. Shame a bushfire can't take the lot out during parliamentary question time and we can start again with smarter people to run this place

/ end rant

I feel better now.
    you keep digging rocks out of the ground selling it to China for cents, and then having to buy back steel/products at inflated prices - that's a good economic model.

Leave a comment:

• BeverlyHillsCop
    replied
    Originally posted by mizone View Post
    Start Rant

It amazes me.

I take off from Perth and land in Sydney. The heavily congested roads have tolls but are fucked all the way to the ACT border. The moment you cross that border, BAM it's like another planet. Grass mowed on the verges, roads smooth government buildings amazing in architecture and expensive materials used..

It's all our money. The money made by other states all shoved into that useless place.

Take SummerNats out and the place has no reason to take all our tax payer dollars. Shame a bushfire can't take the lot out during parliamentary question time and we can start again with smarter people to run this place

/ end rant

I feel better now.
    OT... How much federal money is poured into ACT?

The bushfire has already been.... back in 2003....

Leave a comment:

• mizone
    replied
    Start Rant

It amazes me.

/ end rant

I feel better now.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Vegana.
    replied
    Evolution and Summernats is kinda contradictory.

Leave a comment:

• PXL265
    replied
    WIll be a good way to shut him up when electric burnout cars come onto the scene with silent tyre shredding instant llama thrusts

Leave a comment:

• BeverlyHillsCop
    replied
    LOL

https://the-riotact.com/time-for-sum...W4ZF-o5jpgTxBE

Time for Summernats to change gears again, or go

Ian Bushnell 9 December 2019 127
    The Burnout Zone at Summernats 31. Fans love it but its days must be numbered. Photo: Peter Norton / Epic Sports Photography.

Canberra may have spent the weekend shrouded in smoke but come the New Year the annual auto festival wants to belch great toxic clouds over EPIC and the surrounding suburbs.
    Summernats is warming up the festival motor, pitching a drag strip to a diplomatic Chief Minister Andrew Barr and preparing Exhibition Park for the influx of car enthusiasts and internal combustion engine tragics.
    There is no doubt it has a come a long way from its wilder early years when a woman took her chances wandering into a very certain kind of male domain, where the alcohol flowed as much as the high-octane and fuelled regrettable and often criminal behaviour.
    Summernats has been cleaned up and its image has been polished as much as some of the prestige vehicles. There is no doubt that in a quiet slot in the tourism calendar, the festival brings visitors to Canberra, about 100,000 of them, and is a valuable contribution to the capital’s economy, which is probably why Mr Barr says he will consider the push from Summernats organisers for an eighth of a mile drag strip, with some caveats about the environment and noise.
    But motor sports fans shouldn’t bank on it. Nor should they expect Summernats to not evolve further if they want it to stay at EPIC, because change is on the cards for the venue and the surrounding area.
    Other EPIC stakeholders such as the Canberra Show and the National Folk Festival have seen off possible Government ideas about residential development and now the site is seen as a long-term, high-quality events precinct that may include education and conference facilities.
    There might even be a stadium there one day.
    Where does a festival with enough of a streak of hoonery left in it to view the burnouts competition as the weekend highlight fit into that future model?
    The residents of the Inner North have had to endure the noise and toxic fumes for years. Will the residents of soon-to-be-developed Kenny and other developments along the Northbourne Avenue – Federal Highway corridor welcome the annual orgy of burning rubber, a kind of last gasp of the appropriately named fossil-fuel culture?
    And where does such an activity fit in a clean and green city that spruiks its progressive credentials, has serious climate action goals and is about to source all of its electricity from renewable sources?
    If Summernats wants to stay long term at EPIC as a legitimate festival for car lovers the last thing organisers should be asking for is a drag strip, and they should already be thinking about managing the winding down of an event that could not be considered healthy or safe for those foolish enough to be in the stands, or their neighbours who have no say in the fumes and noise they have to put up with.
    If Summernats can’t take the next step in its evolution, then it’s time to find another venue.

Leave a comment:

• mad_cow
    replied
    Originally posted by 2rismo View Post
    I've got a number of discounted Season Passes left for sale if anyone wants to save some cash on the current and gate prices.
    PM/post a price please.

Leave a comment:

• 2rismo
    replied
    I've got a number of discounted Season Passes left for sale if anyone wants to save some cash on the current and gate prices.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisS
    replied
    https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sto...nges/?cs=14329

Leave a comment:

• no13b_Coupe
    replied
    Doesn't want to part take in evening roll ons. Soft.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Vegana.
    replied
    Originally posted by mad_cow View Post
    Haha That cunt will fit right in there.
    Drunken loudmouth.

Beats his wife.

All checks out.

Leave a comment:

• mad_cow
    replied
    Haha That cunt will fit right in there.

Leave a comment:

• big_pete
    replied
    Nollsy is going to cop it haha

https://www.facebook.com/SUMMERNATS/...57819026197033

Haltech: Aye Nollsy ya old turbocharged kangaroo jockey, bet this isn't the first time you've had a pack of flanno wearing fleabags keen to see what's hiding beneath yer bulge. Nah, just revvin ya up ya hero. Speaking of heroes, we reckon it'd be grouse if stuck ya red rocket into our Haltech Horsepower Hereos dyno comp at SUMMERNATS. Back it up onto the rollers if you know what we mean. Alright champion, we'll let ya get back to slow dancing with the old ducks at yer concerts. Catchya in the new year!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X