Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electric cars in Australia general discussion thread, not just Teslas, the others too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

surprised renault would even bring them here, the 5 was a massive success in the UK so i can imaging all production being alocated for that market, compared to here that never got them...

Comment

Model 3 has copped another price cut (while others are putting prices up) so now with the NSW govt 3K rebate plus no stamp duty will see the SR+ a tick under 60K. That's a lot of car for the money.

Comment

That renno looks good.

Do we have an electric Bugatti yet?

I really, reeeeeally want to so what the partnership with Croats produces.
        .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by MZ21 View Post
          Model 3 has copped another price cut (while others are putting prices up) so now with the NSW govt 3K rebate plus no stamp duty will see the SR+ a tick under 60K. That's a lot of car for the money.
          Also decent drops for the models above the SR+ ($63k for the SR+ in QLD where we do not have discounts).. 91k for performance, 77k for LR.
          RIP Simon - Ghost ride that whip in the clouds forever..

Comment

Originally posted by MZ21 View Post
            Also the LR dipping under the raised LCT threshold.

Amazing value for the money, both of them.

Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

Comment

Originally posted by fury View Post

Also decent drops for the models above the SR+ ($63k for the SR+ in QLD where we do not have discounts).. 91k for performance, 77k for LR.
              SR+ is down to $59990 in Qld, the new prices are visible if you start the ordering process where it asks you to select your state.

Comment

What does partial premium interior mean with respect to the SR?
                When too much horsepower is barely enough

Comment

Originally posted by Astina SP View Post

SR+ is down to $59990 in Qld, the new prices are visible if you start the ordering process where it asks you to select your state.
                  That's cheap. Might try to talk the nopics into one next changeover.

Comment

I had a drive of the MG Z3 electric. Build quality seems about right for a cheap car, but hurts when you’re coughing up that much money.
                    downsides were the centre console was too tall and the thing needs serious sway bar work. Otherwise it was fine.
                    the electric experience is pretty amazing for a poverty pack. It storms off the line.
                    throttle tuning was pretty poor with a huge start lag and hard to move swiftly without breaking traction. I can see this being a shitfight in the wet.

all in all the experience really showed how much of a game changer these EVs will be if a poverty pack commuter is this spritely.
                    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
                    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

But don't you know Jim that EVs in Australia won't work as you can't drive 2000 klms non stop
                      "It takes beer to make thirst worth while."

Comment

How quickly could you drive, say, one of those $60k Model 3's from Brisbane to Sydney, with the approx <10% exceeding of the randomly-chosen posted limit in order to avoid Random Road Usage Tax?
                        And say your hotel didn't have a charger, how quickly to get back again 3 days later?
                        [although Random Road Usage Tax may be easier to avoid at the moment with the PoPo all busy in the Red Zone fining all the swedish Karens]
                        Last edited by Captiva Fan; 11-07-21, 12:45 PM.
                        Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

There's about three Teslas kicking around Cairns these days, and I just passed one this morning pulled over on the Kuranda range with a flat tyre. I only got a glimpse, but it looked like a cheap unpainted low-end scissor jack.
                          Is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Orange View Post
                            There's about three Teslas kicking around Cairns these days, and I just passed one this morning pulled over ... I only got a glimpse, but it looked like a cheap unpainted low-end scissor jack.
                            I think that styling was done on purpose for the Model 3, to make the more expensive Model S appear more attractive.
                            Last edited by Captiva Fan; 11-07-21, 01:58 PM.
                            Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
                              How quickly could you drive, say, one of those $60k Model 3's from Brisbane to Sydney, with the approx <10% exceeding of the randomly-chosen posted limit in order to avoid Random Road Usage Tax?
                              And say your hotel didn't have a charger, how quickly to get back again 3 days later?
                              [although Random Road Usage Tax may be easier to avoid at the moment with the PoPo all busy in the Red Zone fining all the swedish Karens]
                              The vehicle only needs to charge for about as long as you need to take a piss and get a coffee or drink of water, and you get to do it at a winery, shopping centre or another reasonable place rather than a stinky servo.

Unless you eat whilst driving and piss in a bottle there's not much in it.

I did 740kms in 8 hours from Byron Bay to Sydney recently I in a Tesla model 3 sr+.

Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

Comment

Originally posted by Reax View Post
                                But don't you know Jim that EVs in Australia won't work as you can't drive 2000 klms non stop
                                Fuck me there’s been some imbeciles in the Facebook commentary haha
                                Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
                                my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Working...
                                X