Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electric cars in Australia general discussion thread, not just Teslas, the others too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Purple View Post

That's cheap. Might try to talk the nopics into one next changeover.
    You can get it through the Tesla Corporate Plan as well.

https://rewards.racgp.org.au/tesla-corporate-program

Comment

Originally posted by KarenHusseinXF View Post
      The vehicle only needs to charge for about as long as you need to take a piss and get a coffee or drink of water
      That's pretty reasonable then!
      Not being in the market to buy or drive one, I'd not really seen charging times probably since the Model S was first released.
      Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

If you have kids any given stop takes an hour anyway.
        Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
        my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Big prices rises on the S…. even without $10k auto drive you can easily spec over $250k now
          Originally posted by Jim
          I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
          What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_Slow View Post
            Our bloody Model 3 has ruined me for other cars now.

I get in any of our other cars and they feel like antiques. I get the shits about having to go to servos to refuel them. Both the Redline and 86 run rich on startup to warm cats etc, and the smell now bothers me. I read car magazines and skim read or skip articles now because it all seems like outdated tech.

I still love driving the others, but I’ll have a real quandary on my hands in replacing the 86 in a few years if I’m weighing up one last manual petrol sports car or an electric one...
            This is a real thing man, in terms of daily driver use and practical home/family/life situation they are better in everything except a trip to the cape and back.

Comment

Tesla model 3 best selling car in the UK for 1 month apparently.

Very different market to AU.

Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

Comment

I was genuinely shocked at how fun the MG was in a straight line at least.
                Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Originally posted by Astina SP View Post

SR+ is down to $59990 in Qld, the new prices are visible if you start the ordering process where it asks you to select your state.
                  Maybe we are talking about different things.. I was quoting the drive away pricing, not the "after estimated fuel savings price" shennanigans.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210711-173134_Chrome.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	372.9 KB
ID:	7270006
                  RIP Simon - Ghost ride that whip in the clouds forever..

Comment

Originally posted by fury View Post

Maybe we are talking about different things.. I was quoting the drive away pricing, not the "after estimated fuel savings price" shennanigans.

Name:	Screenshot_20210711-173134_Chrome.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	372.9 KB
ID:	7270006
                    Looks like we are both right, you probably more so! My pricing is pre on-roads etc, screencap here.

Name:	model3.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	7270034

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Orange View Post
                      There's about three Teslas kicking around Cairns these days, and I just passed one this morning pulled over on the Kuranda range with a flat tyre. I only got a glimpse, but it looked like a cheap unpainted low-end scissor jack.
                      Teslas don't have jacks or spare wheels, same as current BMW and Mercs I might add. Cop a flat and it's a tow job, unless you're in a Tesla roadside coverage area in which case they have a loan spare wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                        Wait until you try M3P ...

Comment

Originally posted by irsa76 View Post

Teslas don't have jacks or spare wheels, same as current BMW and Mercs I might add. Cop a flat and it's a tow job, unless you're in a Tesla roadside coverage area in which case they have a loan spare wheel.
                          You can buy a can of goo and compressor for them.

I copped a nail the other day and luckily the dash started nagging me that tyre pressure was low (25 psi, normally run 45). Pulled into servo, topped off to 46psi. Luckily tyre was saved with a plug.

But would suck if you in the middle of nowhere.

Comment

We found the same. All good until it falls apart 24 hours from delivery.

When too much horsepower is barely enough

Comment

No doubt. What it says though is that when better quality stuff comes down to that price point there will be little incentive to buy a petrol car unless you are towing a caravan across the Nullarbor in one day.

Comment

No doubt. What it says though is that when better quality stuff comes down to that price point there will be little incentive to buy an automatic petrol car unless you are towing a caravan across the Nullarbor in one day.
                                Even more death of manual/fun ... le sigh.
                                Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Working...
                                X