Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electric cars in Australia general discussion thread, not just Teslas, the others too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. Inevitable. Relegated to the weekend enthusiast same as Weber carbs and rotaries
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Going to take the wifey to test drive model 3 tomorrow (storm permitting)
      after belting the 3 Perf+ last month I’m really interested to drive the base model as a replacement for her XC70. There’s 20 or more short trips around the suburbs that would suit this thing perfectly.
      2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
      2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
      I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
        Yep. Inevitable. Relegated to the weekend enthusiast same as Weber carbs and rotaries

take 4wd and race car to track in weekend

Daily driver saves money for fun then
        Check out my shit for sale on facebook:
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Junk-...25870327473735

Comment

Originally posted by KarenHusseinXF View Post

Also the LR dipping under the raised LCT threshold.

Amazing value for the money, both of them.
          Really? That makes the LR an even bigger sell for me, is there a way to order it now, and get the post-september price? ie have it reserved at the yard ready for a Sep pickup?

Comment

Originally posted by Ribfeast View Post

Really? That makes the LR an even bigger sell for me, is there a way to order it now, and get the post-september price? ie have it reserved at the yard ready for a Sep pickup?
            Call them an ask. Pretty sure they have a massive number of cars sitting on docks for this very reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Rust View Post
              Going to take the wifey to test drive model 3 tomorrow (storm permitting)
              after belting the 3 Perf+ last month I’m really interested to drive the base model as a replacement for her XC70. There’s 20 or more short trips around the suburbs that would suit this thing perfectly.
              Base model is plenty fast. High 13s qtr mile and TBH it feels faster than that.b
              Japanese Nostalgic Car - Dedicated to classic japanese cars

Comment

Originally posted by Ribfeast View Post

Existing order people reported that Tesla is giving them the option to wait until September to have their order fulfilled no idea of the specifics.

It's the kind of thing you could ask old mate about when you go and test drive one though.

Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

Comment

People on the Model 3 FB page are reporting that Tesla is happy to delay NSW deliveries until the incentives come in. Same as when the ACT incentives started on 24 May so Tesla made sure it didn't deliver any ACT cars until the 25th.

Comment

Just took the family for test drive of Model 3 base spec, they loved it and hearing my son cracking up when I gave it a boot, yep they are plenty fast for daily duties, we did a mix of city and freeway, I think id prefer the 18" wheels for daily comfort, so nice and quiet.
                    2007 KTM 250 SX

I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

Whats the deal with test drives as there is no Dealer in Perth, only a service shop i thought?
                      Originally posted by Jim
                      I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
                      What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Booked online, went to Dealer on Main street, got handed a plastic card and went for 30mins.
                        2007 KTM 250 SX

Comment

oh right so theyve finally got showrooms here... that must be where the Renault dealer used to be
                          Originally posted by Jim
                          I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
                          What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

ok folks, can you please balance out the demand so that the resale is high but the chargers aren't too busy.

Comment

^ Realistically, $33k Renno's might not be great for Model 3 resale.
                              I suspect acceleration will be in a totally different class, but Model 3 pwns it's market-segment at the mo' & I think the Renno (and all the others - because if RenNissan can manage it for that price a heap of other non-CCP makers will be able to as well) will pull it down. As would constant price-reductions, if that continues.
                              Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Not concerned about other manufacturers, it sounds fanboyish but they are a long way behind. A full model cycle at least.

Comment

Working...
                                X