Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electric cars in Australia general discussion thread, not just Teslas, the others too

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by KarenHusseinXF View Post

    Is your 10kw Solar on a single phase? Probably better off with a single phase charger in that instance.
    Three phase. 12.5kW inverter and a 5kW inverter. If I change energy suppliers I can remove the 10kW export limiter and pump out the full 17.5kW.
    The meter nets it out anyway, ie if you pull 10kW from phase 1, and export 5kW on phase 2 and 5kW on phase 3, it meters it as zero.
    I want it on three phase purely for load balancing.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Ribfeast View Post

      The meter nets it out anyway, ie if you pull 10kW from phase 1, and export 5kW on phase 2 and 5kW on phase 3, it meters it as zero.
      Nice! I figured they'd just stooge you and treat each phase entirely seperately.

      If you are going a Tesla the Tesla high powered wall charger is a pretty solid 3 phase charger, seems to be much cheaper than the alternatives.

      https://shop.tesla.com/en_au/product...nnector---7_3m

      includes its own rcd, can do up to 22kw on 3 phase etc.
      Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Luke352 View Post

        Except they're not just behind in sales compared to cheaper cars but also cars at roughly the same or higher price as well in some countries, though month to month variation sees the market leaders swing around quite a bit probably due to availability.

        The ID4, E-Tron, EQC, and Mach-e are probably the Model 3's biggest competitors at a similar price point and have outsold the model 3 some months. So in Norway April was ID4, May was Mach-e, and June was back to Tesla as the new release sales settled off the other two, but they'll pick up again once stock gets flowing.

        Or we could look at Sweden. The Swedes really don't like Tesla's apparently. https://thedriven.io/2021/05/07/swed...ev-incentives/

        Also I'll restate my comment from before, when you don't care about 0-100 times there are plenty of options on the table with considerable appeal and not just the cheap ones.
        So essentially we have normal market forces at play - the more choice the smaller the slice of the pie. Somehow i dont think Mr Musk would be too concerned
        Originally posted by Jim
        I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

        Originally posted by elfturbomax
        What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

        Comment


          Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post

          So essentially we have normal market forces at play - the more choice the smaller the slice of the pie. Somehow i dont think Mr Musk would be too concerned
          They pre-sell every single vehicle they can make and ship to Norway (just like every other country) and are sold out most quarters.

          Tesla being out of favour because they delivered fewer vehicles over a period of a month or so due to them being sold out and awaiting stock is some solid mental gymnastics.
          Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

          Comment


            I'm looking at the Fronius Wattpilot. Not sure if it is available in Australia, so I might do a dodgy and import one. Around 620 pounds, so approx $1150 AUD. I have Fronius for everything else, so the Wattpilot sits on the wifi and talks to the Fronius inverters and Fronius smart meter, determines if I have excess solar, and sends it to the Type2 port on the unit. Has an app too.
            If a cloud rolls over, it ramps back the output of the Type 2 port so that you don't pull from the grid.

            Otherwise a Zappi is the other option, but I'd then need all the CTs, Harvi, and other shit to go with it for a different vendor's ecosystem.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
              That's because they're electric, and is despite apparent build quality like panel-gaps & interior presentation/feel.
              So if something comes along that is also electric (ie. the thing that sells Tesla) but has the appearance of higher quality & doesn't have all those internet rumours about not being able to onsell options you pay for etc ... ?
              Tesla also don't make money off their cars, the company only makes money from selling carbon offset credits.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Sturmovik View Post

                Tesla also don't make money off their cars, the company only makes money from selling carbon offset credits.
                They make plenty of money, they are just pumping it into building more factories and battery development.

                Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Ribfeast View Post
                  I'm looking at the Fronius Wattpilot. Not sure if it is available in Australia, so I might do a dodgy and import one. Around 620 pounds, so approx $1150 AUD. I have Fronius for everything else, so the Wattpilot sits on the wifi and talks to the Fronius inverters and Fronius smart meter, determines if I have excess solar, and sends it to the Type2 port on the unit. Has an app too.
                  If a cloud rolls over, it ramps back the output of the Type 2 port so that you don't pull from the grid.

                  Otherwise a Zappi is the other option, but I'd then need all the CTs, Harvi, and other shit to go with it for a different vendor's ecosystem.
                  If there are any DIYers around here, you can fit an RPi to the Tesla wall charger and configure it to talk to your solar inverter. I think it supports a variety of brands. I’ve been planning to build one. Looks like fun. The github project has a how to guide.

                  https://github.com/dracoventions/TWC...stallation.pdf

                  Comment


                    Oooh that might be of interest, I love to tinker
                    Just ordered a Tesla model 3 LR :D Very excited!!

                    Comment


                      Good shit.
                      2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
                      2007 KTM 250 SX

                      Originally posted by Monza
                      I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Ribfeast View Post
                        Oooh that might be of interest, I love to tinker
                        Just ordered a Tesla model 3 LR :D Very excited to buy the accel boost just after I get it.
                        Fixed.

                        Nice work, amazing value, Australia is one of the cheapest places in the world to buy a Tesla right now.

                        Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

                        Comment


                          Cheers
                          Just hoping my finance doesn't get rejected with nopix not working, fingers crossed. Submitted the application a few minutes ago.
                          Accel boost will definitely be an early purchase

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Ribfeast View Post
                            Cheers
                            Just hoping my finance doesn't get rejected with nopix not working, fingers crossed. Submitted the application a few minutes ago.
                            Accel boost will definitely be an early purchase
                            Did you go through the Tesla mac/pepper 2.9% finance deals? They are pretty easy going.
                            Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

                            Comment


                              Yeah Pepper 2.9%
                              I believe you can pay it off early with them vs Macquarie.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by irsa76 View Post

                                Teslas don't have jacks or spare wheels, same as current BMW and Mercs I might add. Cop a flat and it's a tow job, unless you're in a Tesla roadside coverage area in which case they have a loan spare wheel.
                                That's strange then - there was a wheel on the ground and a jack under the car as if they were just about to change it.
                                Is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X