Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electric cars in Australia general discussion thread, not just Teslas, the others too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dark Orange View Post

That's strange then - there was a wheel on the ground and a jack under the car as if they were just about to change it.
    Lot of people carry their own spare wheel/jack , myself included , call it old school as most Tesla owners prefer to have spare wheel delivered and fitted .
    Porsche lighweight AL jack is the most popular choice .

Comment

Repair kit and small compressor here in the vehicle . Jack and spare wheel tyre at home.

Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

Comment

Bareback here.

Comment

A lot of new cars carry tyre spoodge and an electric pump. Not much help for freeway flats that tend to munt out the sidewall.
          Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
          my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
            A lot of new cars carry tyre spoodge and an electric pump. Not much help for freeway flats that tend to munt out the sidewall.
            Obviously anything can happen but mostly sidewall damage comes from driving on low pressures? Modern vehicles have tpms which should help prevent that happening.

Tyre repair kits, i.e the plugs imo work better than the goop.

Comment

Originally posted by KarenHusseinXF View Post

Obviously anything can happen but mostly sidewall damage comes from driving on low pressures? Modern vehicles have tpms which should help prevent that happening.

Tyre repair kits, i.e the plugs imo work better than the goop.
              The tpms is what saved my rear tyre, the profiles are so low now that you can hardly notice low tyre pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by Ribfeast View Post
                Oooh that might be of interest, I love to tinker
                Just ordered a Tesla model 3 LR :D Very excited!!
                Nice!

Re: financing, we went through Pepper and it was a pretty simple process. I just told them some numbers around living expenses, which didn't seem to require any verification, plus sent in a few payslips.

Comment

I probably should grab a spare wheel to keep here at home. Where did you guys get them from?

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_Slow View Post
                    I probably should grab a spare wheel to keep here at home. Where did you guys get them from?
                    5x114.3

so any Ford Toyota wheel basically

or about $350 each for a used 18" SR+ wheel off the facebook/gumtree

and aside from it being a super space ship, the car doesn't even complain too much with different diameters and rubber on it, i put some shagged 9 year old tyres on mine in a different size to see if they'd allow me to make it in the driveway before spending $1500 on a set, then drove around for a few days with 9 year old 3 different tyres on my space car in the rain, and didnt have an issue even on full speed launches, althouth the 11 year old rear left tyre made the abs and esc work over time on hard braking in the wet

Comment

Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/groups/2130477747193891 typically around $350 a wheel/tyre.

I don't think i'll ever use it, but protects from stock / availability issues with the OEM tyres if you want to stick with them (They are awesome).

Comment

I drove 100,000kms on 35 profile tyres in my old BMW with the only issues being nails/screws which just required a road/freeway inflation so I could get home and then to the tyre shop. I have the goop but never used it.
                        When too much horsepower is barely enough

Comment

Nice!

Re: financing, we went through Pepper and it was a pretty simple process. I just told them some numbers around living expenses, which didn't seem to require any verification, plus sent in a few payslips.
                          The not needing any verification thing is reassuring, as pretty much all of nopix income is cash these days. I could probably just divide all the bills by 2 and apply them to my salary which would be a fairer way to represent it to them. Have been putting away $800 a month in savings, and will save $400 a month in fuel bills on top, so I can easily prove I can make a $500 car repayment with that $1200.

Comment

The SR+ Wheels are good for repurposing as well. I picked up this set for $700 from one very pissed off eBay seller (not my fault I was the only bidder).

Click image for larger version

Name:	y4mCXVMGqje2OBJ5_wZIRSDp_swg2QqKRUKI1d3_vlptgcZZnCz9cE7H0fohncXcC1xaTQcXq-x05GcRv3Xtx89QDPeFWFB46VXPs3GKokyIk0Yambx-BU0NihIMSsDkMOm7vSdnxCpMb1rF-2gKFuTy__KKOhhJfjoybOmdhfI_f3_wFtb1rFCX3iuWLsxEVPW?width=1024&height=768&cropmode=none.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	7271672

Comment

Originally posted by Ribfeast View Post

The not needing any verification thing is reassuring, as pretty much all of nopix income is cash these days. I could probably just divide all the bills by 2 and apply them to my salary which would be a fairer way to represent it to them. Have been putting away $800 a month in savings, and will save $400 a month in fuel bills on top, so I can easily prove I can make a $500 car repayment with that $1200.
                              They don't go into that much effort, i'd be surprised if you weren't fine for the entire amount financed. Cool thing is they will tell you before they submit the paperwork if you are likely to be approved or not, it was only payslips they wanted from me.

Comment

Originally posted by MZ21 View Post
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	y4mCXVMGqje2OBJ5_wZIRSDp_swg2QqKRUKI1d3_vlptgcZZnCz9cE7H0fohncXcC1xaTQcXq-x05GcRv3Xtx89QDPeFWFB46VXPs3GKokyIk0Yambx-BU0NihIMSsDkMOm7vSdnxCpMb1rF-2gKFuTy__KKOhhJfjoybOmdhfI_f3_wFtb1rFCX3iuWLsxEVPW?width=1024&height=768&cropmode=none.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	7271672
                                Is that some Lexus RX abomination? It looks like someone bolted some faded Z35 headlights onto a 1998 GS300 front-clip & attached all of that to a Ssangyong Stavic ...
                                Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Working...
                                X