Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electric cars in Australia general discussion thread, not just Teslas, the others too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ribfeast View Post

The not needing any verification thing is reassuring, as pretty much all of nopix income is cash these days. I could probably just divide all the bills by 2 and apply them to my salary which would be a fairer way to represent it to them. Have been putting away $800 a month in savings, and will save $400 a month in fuel bills on top, so I can easily prove I can make a $500 car repayment with that $1200.
    If its like home loans with them it may be an excuse to jack up the interest rate...though it is only a car loan.
    When too much horsepower is barely enough

Comment

Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
      Is that some Lexus RX abomination? It looks like someone bolted some faded Z35 headlights onto a 1998 GS300 front-clip & attached all of that to a Ssangyong Stavic ...
      Mark II Blit IR-V. 1JZ-GTE powered wagon. Headlights look way better now (but could do with some more plastic polish).

Soon to be upgraded with 6boost manifold, top mount turbo, intercooler, injectors, etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by MZ21 View Post
        Mark II Blit IR-V. 1JZ-GTE powered wagon. Headlights look way better now (but could do with some more plastic polish).
        Fuck me, my complete & utter lack of respect for it has spun 180-degrees in that case ... what an awful representation that photo is!
        Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Well, it was as it was delivered to the compliance place with wheels stuck on it. No getting around the hearse look though (I kind of dig it). With the lights cleaned up, lowered slightly it looks way better. Here's one with a Lexus front clip (sorry thread hijack)

Click image for larger version  Name:	hardcore_nikko_dino_dalle_carbonare_68.jpg Views:	0 Size:	369.8 KB ID:	7271762
          Last edited by MZ21; 16-07-21, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MexicanBatman View Post

5x114.3

so any Ford Toyota wheel basically

or about $350 each for a used 18" SR+ wheel off the facebook/gumtree

and aside from it being a super space ship, the car doesn't even complain too much with different diameters and rubber on it, i put some shagged 9 year old tyres on mine in a different size to see if they'd allow me to make it in the driveway before spending $1500 on a set, then drove around for a few days with 9 year old 3 different tyres on my space car in the rain, and didnt have an issue even on full speed launches, althouth the 11 year old rear left tyre made the abs and esc work over time on hard braking in the wet
            M3P is stepped hub , other model wheels don't fit.

Comment

Well, it was as it was delivered to the compliance place with wheels stuck on it. No getting around the hearse look though (I kind of dig it). With the lights cleaned up, lowered slightly it looks way better.
              Dunno what it was about the photo on the other page, but it looked to have Lexus RX-something proportions.
              I mean, I know they're a similar height to an Oz-delivered (let's call it US-spec) Camry yet narrower, but they're not as toppsy-wobbly as an RX400.

Anyway, yes, back to the Dysons!
              Last edited by Captiva Fan; 16-07-21, 05:17 PM.
              Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Anyway, yes, back to the Teslas, the slowest of which would easily chop my commodore!
                Fixed.
                Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

Comment

Well, it was as it was delivered to the compliance place with wheels stuck on it. No getting around the hearse look though (I kind of dig it). With the lights cleaned up, lowered slightly it looks way better. Here's one with a Lexus front clip (sorry thread hijack)

Click image for larger version Name:	hardcore_nikko_dino_dalle_carbonare_68.jpg Views:	0 Size:	369.8 KB ID:	7271762
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Blit.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	252.4 KB
ID:	7271774

I had one , not best looking but great cars , Jz goodness in wagon body .

Comment

Originally posted by KarenHusseinXF View Post
                    Fixed.
                    Drag racing proved decades ago that something can be fast & yet uninteresting, it didn't take Tesla to prove that!

Comment

Originally posted by Sumodog View Post

M3P is stepped hub , other model wheels don't fit.
                      I thought he has a SR+

Comment

Is that some Lexus RX abomination? It looks like someone bolted some faded Z35 headlights onto a 1998 GS300 front-clip & attached all of that to a Ssangyong Stavic ...
                        Legit nailed that description.
                        I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

China’s electric SUV offering 1000km of range

https://www.drive.com.au/news/chinas...d-4f0eca44ffaa

A new medium-sized SUV is about to enter production in China, potentially offering owners 1000km of range from a single charge.

If true, the 2022 GAC Aion LX will lay claim to having the longest all-electric range of any production car on sale, overtaking the current title-holder – the Tesla Model S Long Range.

GAC Motor announced the Aion LX achieved a maximum range of 904km during hot-weather testing, in which the vehicle was driven through 36-degree heat and 90 per cent humidity – suggesting the 1000km range would be possible in locations with more favourable conditions.

The company's new spongy silicon cathode technology is said to allow greater energy density with less weight – with the Aion LX's battery being 14 per cent lighter and 20 per cent smaller than previous packs – leading to a 150kWh battery pack in the vehicle. For comparison, the biggest battery in the Tesla Model S is 100kWh.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wrcnbvxeopmdb2suwvzd.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	7271876

Comment

Pricing confirmed for the BMW i4.

$100k for base model, $125k for the fast one.

The base model is almost exactly what I was hoping for... Just not sure I can justify the $100k for it.

https://thedriven.io/2021/07/16/bmw-reveals-pricing-and-specifications-for-all-electric-i4-coupe/
                            ​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Grungle View Post
                              Pricing confirmed for the BMW i4.

$100k for base model, $125k for the fast one.

The base model is almost exactly what I was hoping for... Just not sure I can justify the $100k for it.

https://thedriven.io/2021/07/16/bmw-reveals-pricing-and-specifications-for-all-electric-i4-coupe/
                              ​​​​
                              Good thing you will be paying far more than 100k by the time you pay LCT/stamp duty then.
                              Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                                A lot of new cars carry tyre spoodge and an electric pump. Not much help for freeway flats that tend to munt out the sidewall.
                                All this rain we've had has played havoc with the the roads creating potholes everywhere. A couple of weeks ago we ended up with 9 cars in our holding yard, all with flat tyres. All except an Audi Q5 had either runcraps or normal tyres and a can of goop which is useless when you've got a massive split in the sidewall. The Q5's collapseable spare tyre failed to inflate correctly and blew the sidewall, the supplied compressor is a joke and struggles to inflate the tyre. We use the trucks' air supply and it still takes 10-15 minutes to inflate even with a system pressure of 100psi.

Comment

Working...
                                X