Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electric cars in Australia general discussion thread, not just Teslas, the others too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mizone View Post

The solar roof will be for the initial batch, rest will go normal roof
    Hyundai battery tech is currently the bees knees so should be better than Tesla battery tech kg for kg/ km for km
    IMHO - It's $100k, the nearest ICE model in their range is the Santa Fe which is $60k with equivalent spec. $40k buys a LOT of petrol

But agreed, the Lanica Delta Intergrale look about it is tits
    Not sure how you worked out the battery tech /kg/km? They are using permanent magnet motors and the heat pump is a 3k option.

The expected range indicates that the efficiency is pretty average too.

The fastest one is about the speed of the slowest Tesla which costs half as much.

Seems like another overpriced under competing nugget to me, only cool thing is the vehicle to load option.

Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

Comment

Originally posted by KarenHusseinXF View Post

They don't go into that much effort, i'd be surprised if you weren't fine for the entire amount financed. Cool thing is they will tell you before they submit the paperwork if you are likely to be approved or not, it was only payslips they wanted from me.
      They keep asking for more stuff. Have sent them drivers license, bank statements, mortgage statement, payslips, ATO notice of assessment etc. Has me worried. Guess I'll find out soon. If it falls through I'll be devastated.
      Main issue is nopics isn't working at present, and all the money she makes is cash-only, which makes this rather tricky.
      Feeling pretty stressed out.

Comment

^ Don't, in the end it's just toy & they're only going to get cheaper + better as time goes by.
        Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

normal Long range Model S now runs 10.8-9's at 129mph

not quite as quick as the older model, but more MPH

not bad VS the Plaid as the LR is $69k cheaper, so you can get the S LR and a 3 SR+ for the same money as 1 plaid

Comment

Originally posted by Ribfeast View Post

They keep asking for more stuff. Have sent them drivers license, bank statements, mortgage statement, payslips, ATO notice of assessment etc. Has me worried. Guess I'll find out soon. If it falls through I'll be devastated.
            Main issue is nopics isn't working at present, and all the money she makes is cash-only, which makes this rather tricky.
            Feeling pretty stressed out.
            Good luck, you should find out pretty soon at least.

Comment

I'm a fan of this body style (you love them or hate them) and the electric conversion with restomodding is pretty cool
              Click image for larger version

Name:	1972-Plymouth-Satellite-with-a-Tesla-Model-S-motor-02-600x338.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	7273178Click image for larger version

Name:	1972-Plymouth-Satellite-with-a-Tesla-Model-S-motor-03-600x338.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	7273179Click image for larger version

Name:	1972-Plymouth-Satellite-with-a-Tesla-Model-S-motor-04-600x338.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	7273180Click image for larger version

Name:	1972-Plymouth-Satellite-with-a-Tesla-Model-S-motor-05-600x338.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	7273182
              Click image for larger version

Name:	1972-Plymouth-Satellite-with-a-Tesla-Model-S-motor-06-600x338.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	7273181

He's still going through a shakedown and getting everything finished off. Skip to 15 minutes to watch a launch from a right hand turn
              "Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

Comment

Wow that thing is wicked!

Comment

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...enz-eqs-drive/
                  RIP Simon - Ghost ride that whip in the clouds forever..

Comment

A stripped out model S plaid with a little chick driving just did a 9.08@154mph. shit is getting nuts.

https://youtu.be/f7pPsZEjO6U Go to 20m13s

Oo___oO

Comment

Some extra fast chargers:

https://arena.gov.au/assets/2021/07/...-fund-maps.pdf

https://arena.gov.au/news/future-fue...ng-nationally/

Comment

While the Plymouth is cool and all surely it handles even worse than a stock one with all the weight up high from the battery in both the engine bay and boot. The main thing most EVs have going for them is while batteries are heavy all the weight is generally quite low in the skateboard so they have a great COG.
                        If in doubt power out

Comment

Originally posted by Rona View Post
                          While the Plymouth is cool and all surely it handles even worse than a stock one with all the weight up high from the battery in both the engine bay and boot. The main thing most EVs have going for them is while batteries are heavy all the weight is generally quite low in the skateboard so they have a great COG.
                          50 year old cars drive like shit compared to anything made today. The person has added a significant amount of parts to improve the suspension, but it's still going to be a 50 year old car
                          "Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

Comment

got new wheels, on my pretend P Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1731.jpeg
Views:	382
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	7276593

Comment

Originally posted by MexicanBatman View Post
                              got new wheels, on my pretend P Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1731.jpeg
Views:	382
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	7276593
                              They look great. How much did you pay for them? When we picked up our LR my nopics said why didn't we get the black wheels!

Comment

Originally posted by MexicanBatman View Post
                                got new wheels, on my pretend P
                                Like button!
                                Beast

Comment

Working...
                                X