Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electric cars in Australia general discussion thread, not just Teslas, the others too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Captain_Slow View Post
    Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere on PF, but the Porsche Mission R concept apparently previews the next Cayman to some extent, which is purported to be electric:

The proportions are maybe a little bit odd with the very short bonnet/windscreen a long way forward, but that's a common EV thing and otherwise it looks pretty good.

So in terms of electric sports cars that we know of coming in the next few years, it seems like there's this, and the Lotus/Alpine collaboration, and of course the Tesla Roadster but that seems like it's in another category up at least on price - are there others that I have missed?
    This is sick, so is this what happened to Mission R when the motorcycle project failed? Was looking forward to that bike.
    '13 Yamaha R1 // '16 Toyota Hilux SR5 // '00 Toyota Supra RZ // '72 Ford XA Fairmont

Sell me your old videogames? Nintendo, Sega, PlayStation, some XBox...

Comment

Some more info on the electric Cayman:
      https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...uture-details/

Cliffs:
      - On sale for 2025
      - Looks a lot like the Mission R concept
      - Intended to be the "most modern Porsche" with a much more up to date interior and tech than the current one
      - Entry version to be rear motor RWD, faster ones will be dual motor AWD
      - Weight target of 1650kg - which is a lot for a sports car, but not bad for an electric car. TBH with electrification the era of anything being below about 1500kg seems well and truly behind us.

Comment

Another option in EV world , big hatch that looks like Alfa SZ front crossed with 306 Maxi Rally special.

https://www.carscoops.com/2021/09/20...-from-au71900/

Comment

Originally posted by Sumodog View Post
          Another option in EV world , big hatch that looks like Alfa SZ front crossed with 306 Maxi Rally special.

https://www.carscoops.com/2021/09/20...-from-au71900/
          This will drive a lot of EV adoption.

It's not fast, nor interesting, but it has a familiar badge, reasonable range, mostly normal interior, reasonable price and you get to get fleeced at the stealer for no reason each 6/12 months which the punters secretly love.
          Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

Comment

The charging speeds claimed by media for ioniq is crazy though, you see reviews and they charge slower than entry level Teslas but they keep claiming it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gladys Berejiklian View Post
              The charging speeds claimed by media for ioniq is crazy though, you see reviews and they charge slower than entry level Teslas but they keep claiming it.
              Old mate Bjorn whatever on YouTube who seems to be the authority on charge rates has done tests and all seem to show the Ioniq is one of the faster charging cars on the market.
              Last edited by Luke352; 24-09-21, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Details of the Lotus EV architecture for future models:
                https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-...gM2kcce0zdX-_U
                A flexible platform for a number of different size and type of vehicles.
                If you dig a hole and it is in the wrong place, digging it deeper isn't going to help.

Police warn that blow-up dolls are not recognised floatation devices.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke352 View Post

Old mate Bjorn whatever on YouTube who seems to be the authority on charge rates has done tests and all seem to show the Ioniq is one of the faster charging cars on the market.
                  He was one of the ones I was referring to, take the average not the peak (which is still not that impressive), reflected in the 1000km time for the ioniq 5 being the same as a Tesla SR+ and no where near the leaders.

Comment

Just got back from charging mine at the nearby supercharger (scored 1,500 KM charging from a referral). Charging from 22% to 70% is crazy. Started at 134 KW and just dipped under 100 at the 70% mark. Getting from 70-90 to almost as long as getting from 22-70. Next time I'm going to run it down 10% and charge to 70% to see how fast it is.

Comment

Originally posted by MZ21 View Post
                      Just got back from charging mine at the nearby supercharger (scored 1,500 KM charging from a referral). Charging from 22% to 70% is crazy. Started at 134 KW and just dipped under 100 at the 70% mark. Getting from 70-90 to almost as long as getting from 22-70. Next time I'm going to run it down 10% and charge to 70% to see how fast it is.
                      How long did it take to go 22-70?
                      Japanese Nostalgic Car - Dedicated to classic japanese cars

Comment

I should have timed it but felt maybe 10-15 min (max)

I watched a couple of yt videos, the tail of Sochi FP1 and it was at 70. Charge speeds tailed off pretty quickly after that. I finished charging at 38 KW.

Comment

Originally posted by MZ21 View Post
                          Your battery run the iron phosphate or nmc cells?

Comment

Originally posted by Pepe Silvia View Post

Your battery run the iron phosphate or nmc cells?
                            It's wahtever came with the Model 3 Performance (US car) I think theyre Panasonic cells??

Comment

Originally posted by Gladys Berejiklian View Post

He was one of the ones I was referring to, take the average not the peak (which is still not that impressive), reflected in the 1000km time for the ioniq 5 being the same as a Tesla SR+ and no where near the leaders.

I haven't watched the 100km video. This is the one I watched.
                              https://youtu.be/9gxcukAhIAU

Comment

More info on the electric Cayman from Autocar (sorry for all the popups etc). I'd been wondering how they would solve the high seating position caused by sitting on the battery pack, and the answer seems to be a T or H shaped layout. https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...engined-layout

Comment

Working...
                                X