Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electric cars in Australia general discussion thread, not just Teslas, the others too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok Supercharger charging test:

Starting at charger with 8% (Model 3 Performance Panasonic battery??)

19:57 08% +00kWh 128kW
    20:01 18% +08kWh 127kW
    20:05 28% +15kWh 123kW
    20:09 38% +23kWh 125kW
    20:13 48% +30kWh 106kW
    20.18 58% +38kWh 089kW
    20:23 68% +45kWh 068kW
    20:31 78% +53kWh 053kW
    20:33 80% +54kWh 049kW

and done at 80%

Last edited by MZ21; 12-10-21, 07:33 PM.

Comment

The V3 supercharger will get that going a bit better.
      Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

Comment

Yeah apparently there is on coming soon near the M4 around the Olympic Park area. If you're in hurry charge to 60-65 and go.

Comment

trying to get an idea of "real world" range on the highway in a Model 3, in particular the Sydney - Canberra run in winter which would be the most onerous conditions. Anyone know what the rough kw/100km consumption would be in those conditions?

Comment

Originally posted by poid View Post
            trying to get an idea of "real world" range on the highway in a Model 3, in particular the Sydney - Canberra run in winter which would be the most onerous conditions. Anyone know what the rough kw/100km consumption would be in those conditions?
            I drove down this winter just before lockdown and it was shrivelled dick cold. Full charge from Neutral Bay to Canberra City did it comfortably with about 20+ percent battery remaining. Check a few pages back I posted stats here I think.

Edit: arrived with 30% (note big battery model 3 though)

https://performanceforums.com/forums...05#post7257205
            Last edited by MZ21; 14-10-21, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by poid View Post
              We've done Liverpool area to southern Canberra in an SR+ on multiple occasions. I can't remember the exact figures unfortunately, but we've always stopped at Goulburn just to quickly top the battery up. 15 minutes and it's more than enough to comfortably get home.

I reckon it could go the whole distance (279km), and when we get to Goulburn it's still reporting enough distance remaining to get home, but haven't yet tried to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_Slow View Post

We've done Liverpool area to southern Canberra in an SR+ on multiple occasions. I can't remember the exact figures unfortunately, but we've always stopped at Goulburn just to quickly top the battery up. 15 minutes and it's more than enough to comfortably get home.

I reckon it could go the whole distance (279km), and when we get to Goulburn it's still reporting enough distance remaining to get home, but haven't yet tried to find out.
                The range estimates (assuming you are in % view and are using the last 50kms of energy consumed) in the absense of a significant weather change are pretty conservative.

Fire up and do it without charging

Comment

Cheers, so sounds like a daytrip in an LR can be done with a ~15 min stop in Goulburn each way. That's not bad

Comment

Originally posted by Dominic Perrottet View Post

The range estimates (assuming you are in % view and are using the last 50kms of energy consumed) in the absense of a significant weather change are pretty conservative.

As you get below (I think) 60km of remaining range, it'll start to show warning messages that it's reducing power to extend range and you should get a charge asap...so it sounds like a pain to run it right down to the dregs, even if it's totally possible.
                    Japanese Nostalgic Car - Dedicated to classic japanese cars

Comment

Originally posted by Dominic Perrottet View Post

I will try it on the way back from Sydney sometime, because if it does go wrong I still have the Majura Park supercharger about 30km before I get home. Less keen to try it on the way to Sydney because there are few options between Goulburn and my destination in Liverpool if I get caught short!

Comment

Electric engine in a 4 series body.. seems okl. Probably will be $130k or so though.

https://www.drive.com.au/reviews/202...l-first-drive/
                        RIP Simon - Ghost ride that whip in the clouds forever..

Comment

Originally posted by fury View Post
                          Electric engine in a 4 series body.. seems okl. Probably will be $130k or so though.

https://www.drive.com.au/reviews/202...l-first-drive/
                          $125k it says in the article.

Not too bad, though it's inherited the M3/4 uglies.

Not sure I'm ready to spend big actual money on an electric car. Was joking with my nopics about buying her one of these to get to work. Not sure she was too impressed but honestly it would do almost everything required of an inner city town car.

https://www.drive.com.au/news/microl...to-production/

Chances of anything like this being approved for sale in Australia = 0.

Comment

Originally posted by Babalouie View Post

As you get below (I think) 60km of remaining range, it'll start to show warning messages that it's reducing power to extend range and you should get a charge asap...so it sounds like a pain to run it right down to the dregs, even if it's totally possible.
                            My boss regularly drives his car down to 1% (fucking muppet)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Purple View Post

$125k it says in the article.

Not too bad, though it's inherited the M3/4 uglies.

Not sure I'm ready to spend big actual money on an electric car. Was joking with my nopics about buying her one of these to get to work. Not sure she was too impressed but honestly it would do almost everything required of an inner city town car.

https://www.drive.com.au/news/microl...to-production/

Chances of anything like this being approved for sale in Australia = 0.
                              If you are going to buy an Isetta, you might as well buy an Iso, and if you are going to buy an Iso you might as well buy a Grifo.
                              Are you optimistic or pessimistic about the end of the world?

Comment

Originally posted by MZ21 View Post

My boss regularly drives his car down to 1% (fucking muppet)
                                I dont mind driving it low as long as i'm heading to somewhere where I know there's a charger, you can go a few % worth of travel past 0 and the vehicle tells you to slow down if you need to.

Comment

Working...
                                X