Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electric cars in Australia general discussion thread, not just Teslas, the others too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Outback I had would nail the brakes at virtually anything, my favourite being a particular street which has a bend right before a set of traffic lights, causing the car to think I was going to hit the car opposite and nailing the brakes in full emergency stop mode. It was a big reason why I got rid of it and won't get another Subaru, it's bloody dangerous as far as I'm concerned. I can also see how it would prevent incidents for the typical Subaru SUV driver that can barely operate a vehicle and that's the crowd it is designed for...

Comment

Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
      Interesting breakdown of a full-"autopilot" drive using the latest Tesla beta software. Some crazy real-time computing going on there!
      Impressive to do autonomously. These Tesla FSD videos always seem the same. Such a rave even when it does something specific you'd say wasn't very good.

And I fucking hate "bayta"

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Purple View Post
        A similar thing happened to me a few years back. Accelerating from the lights, and the guy in a Civic in front of me missed a shift. Because I was actually paying attention I just backed off the throttle but my BMW decided the AEB needed to save my life and stopped me on the spot. Fortunately there was no-one behind me.

I'd been told it didn't actually have AEB, so that was fun. Our Lexus routinely does the whole 'flash the brake now' lights thing at shadows, so I'd hate to think how that's set up. Surely the cars can be interrogated afterwards somehow to work out if it was the car or the driver responsible.
        I've had one instance like this in the Tesla. The car ahead an L plater doesn't know if she's going straight ahead or turning, I'm coming up quickly but can see it and back of, but the car decides to go full retard and slam on the brakes and tension the seat belt. Surely the cunts can read L plates with all the AI they have going on and devise an L plater strategy.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	3C411863-B336-4520-9B9A-CCEBC2512638.jpeg
Views:	315
Size:	260.8 KB
ID:	7305822
          Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
          Originally posted by nutttr
          People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

^ Thats brilliant
            "Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

Comment

Puts shade on Victoria's stance quite nicely...
              Originally posted by Jim
              I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
              What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Originally posted by nastysven View Post
                The yaris has flashed up the big red warning for me a few times. I've also had it try and stop me changing lanes at short notice to.
                Does the emergency indicators if hard on the brakes too :-)

Comment

Why access to T2 and T3 lanes. WTF. I get electric cars are more efficient but a single person driving an electric car in a T2/T3 lane seems counterproductive.
                  When too much horsepower is barely enough

Comment

its an incentive that doesnt directly cost them anything.
                    this signature intentionally left blank

Comment

Sweet
                      Check out my shit for sale on facebook:
                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Junk-...25870327473735

Comment

So buy a base Outlander and slap some PHEV stickers on it and run in the Transit lane! Niiiice.
                        I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

The Tiguan I had did the AEB thing a couple of times, sensitivity was adjustable so I had it set to the lowest possible, otherwise it would jump at shadows, and it scares the absolute crap out of you when it goes off. The auto manoeuvre braking it did when parking a couple of times was equally as heart attack inducing if it did the full beep stop. My 135 has only beeped at me once, and that was going up the wrong side of a narrow road to get around a parked car, and driving straight towards a parked car on the other side of the road.

Comment

I have an old little car that I have been toying with converting to electric and a fairly large domestic solar system,
                            would it be possible to slap a 40kw or so battery into the car and leave it plugged into the house and used as the
                            house battery and then just unplug it when I want to drive it?

Comment

Originally posted by Shep View Post
                              I have an old little car that I have been toying with converting to electric and a fairly large domestic solar system,
                              would it be possible to slap a 40kw or so battery into the car and leave it plugged into the house and used as the
                              house battery and then just unplug it when I want to drive it?
                              most systems can do that just not the Tesla

Check out my shit for sale on facebook:
                              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Junk-...25870327473735

Comment

Tesla don't do V2G unfortunately, but yeah you could do it with the right equipment.

When I put a lithium pack into our farm kart I installed a 48V to 240V inverter to serve the same purpose.

Comment

Working...
                                X