Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electric cars in Australia general discussion thread, not just Teslas, the others too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vehicle to grid is pretty sweet, you can hack up a Tesla to dump some extra watts into your house using a combination of DC-DC converters and solar micro inverters.

Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

Comment

Originally posted by Shep View Post
      I have an old little car that I have been toying with converting to electric and a fairly large domestic solar system,
      would it be possible to slap a 40kw or so battery into the car and leave it plugged into the house and used as the
      house battery and then just unplug it when I want to drive it?
      Slightly off topic. A few months ago I heard that Ford Performance are doing a electric crate motor. I asked if it would include controller and batteries and was answered with "Wait for SEMA" Which, is this week....

"Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

Comment

If anyone is interested my Brand new in box Tesla Wall charger is now for sale since the Schneider EVlink is being installed on Friday.

Located in Ermington 2115, would only suit local buyers or someone that can arrange pickup. 7M cable.

Comment

Originally posted by MZ21 View Post
          If anyone is interested my Brand new in box Tesla Wall charger is now for sale since the Schneider EVlink is being installed on Friday.

Located in Ermington 2115, would only suit local buyers or someone that can arrange pickup. 7M cable.
          Did you get on the AGL trial?

Comment

Originally posted by Dominic Perrottet View Post

Did you get on the AGL trial?
            Yep.

Comment

Originally posted by MZ21 View Post

Yep.
              Nice, keen to hear how it goes!

Comment

Shep Grid overlords are banking on people using their cars as portable batteries.
                Originally posted by Stix Z
                i'm upset i lost that video of that aboriginal woman taking a dump on a train that was on youtube
                Originally posted by Jim
                Sorry, am late to this thread. I have been protesting against whitey oppressors all morning with my people. I shall serenade this thread with my didge until nash comes in and puts it all into perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
                  So buy a base Outlander and slap some PHEV stickers on it and run in the Transit lane! Niiiice.
                  Rego plate will flag fuel type as Petrol. Your fine will be in the mail.
                  Lots of minis & mokes including a G13b powered Sports Sedan, a couple of Swift Gtis, a Goggomobil, Porsche 928S, Polo Gti, BMW 540i, a WRX and a few others.

Comment

Originally posted by mizone View Post

Slightly off topic. A few months ago I heard that Ford Performance are doing a electric crate motor. I asked if it would include controller and batteries and was answered with "Wait for SEMA" Which, is this week....
                    The problem I have is the car would be completely overpowered if it had 30kw at the flywheel so would need a motor with no more then 20kw.

Comment

Following on from the funny photos thread - 12 months of owning an EV in Oz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svND...hannel=EEVblog
                      Is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

Comment

So, looking at a Model 3 LR as my next vehicle. What would the insurance be roughly for a 63 yr old grumpy cunt?
                        Originally posted by Sicarius123
                        Performance Forums, where our two best threads are a man stabbing a lawn mower and a lawn mower stabbing a man :p

Comment

Check out Poncho, apparently they are pretty reasonable.

Comment

Just got a quote from Shannon’s for $1963, or $164 p/m
                            Originally posted by Sicarius123
                            Performance Forums, where our two best threads are a man stabbing a lawn mower and a lawn mower stabbing a man :p

Comment

The good thing is Tesla dont sell spare parts to people who aren't authorised to work on Teslas, so even the cheapest junk insurance has your car being fixed at one of the very few authorised repairers who need to do a certain quality job to retain that.

Comment

Originally posted by old_geez View Post
                                Just got a quote from Shannon’s for $1963, or $164 p/m
                                Here are my Shannons quotes (Performance quote is crazy, went with Comminsure in the end):

Note: I have max no claim and multi-policy discount for 6 cars.

1. 2020 TESLA MODEL 3 LONG
                                RANGE AWD MY20 UP
                                SEDAN
                                $90,000 $1,371.50 $137.15 $75.43 $1,584.08

1. 2020 TESLA MODEL 3
                                PERFORMANCE MY20
                                SEDAN
                                $104,000 $2,273.95 $227.40 $125.07 $2,626.42

Comment

Working...
                                X