Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electric cars in Australia general discussion thread, not just Teslas, the others too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beavis View Post
    The USD$35k Tesla Model 3 was announced today
    Launched technically? It was announced ages ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Reax View Post
      i like this a lot
      Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
      Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

Next gen Porsche Macan is meant to be electric only. Not Electric/Hybrid but fully electric, no IC engines.
        That is a ballsy move to pull on a best seller that is one of your main profit earners.
        I know that Volvo are going hybrid.
        Mercedes-Smart partnered with Renault for the current gen smart car engine and had an electric option. The next gen Smart is meant to be electric only but their sales volumes would be tiny (sic) compared to a Porsche Maycan's sales volumes.
        https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...021-confirmed/

Comment

Originally posted by Shonky View Post
          Launched technically? It was announced ages ago.
          Yeah launched technically. You can order one now.

Comment

Originally posted by Smudge View Post
            Next gen Porsche Macan is meant to be electric only. Not Electric/Hybrid but fully electric, no IC engines.
            That is a ballsy move to pull on a best seller that is one of your main profit earners.
            I know that Volvo are going hybrid.
            Mercedes-Smart partnered with Renault for the current gen smart car engine and had an electric option. The next gen Smart is meant to be electric only but their sales volumes would be tiny (sic) compared to a Porsche Maycan's sales volumes.
            https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...021-confirmed/
            Most of Europe will be fine with an electric Macan but given Australia's woeful investment in electric car infrastructure Porsche Australia are probably shitting themselves right now
            Originally posted by Jim
            I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
            What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Yeh so 60k in Australia no doubt?
              Originally posted by gerry;n7288577
              having done my fair share of snorting white powder, made by a bikie in a garage, off a dirty cistern in a night club, means I find the argument about not knowing whats in the vaccine slightly perplexing.

Comment

I just got back from a Power System Industry conference and some of the electric car shit going on in Europe is pretty epic. 500kW DC charging is on its way which means you could theoretically charge a P100D from completely empty to full in 20 minutes. Apparently the Porsche E tron thingamajig that's due to land soon will be able to charge at 350kW so this shit is real.

The German car companies are going balls out building charging stations with massively overbuilt chargers that today's cars can't even fully utilise yet but BMW/VW/Mercedes seem pretty confident that ubercharging will become the norm soon enough.

The only challenge to overcome is thermal management and these systems are all liquid cooled to get the output out of them, managing the battery temperature is the critical part when charging them that fast but if the charger could also provide an umbilical to the cooling system in the car then the sky could be the limit.

Comment

https://www.carsales.com.au/editoria...odel-x-117249/

Tesla has adjusted the price on their highest end Model S and Model X by about 33% which is a pretty significant saving of about $82,000 - $85,000 (or thereabouts) varying based on on-road costs for whichever state you're going to register the car in.

E.g. VIC pricing
                  * Tesla Model S Ludicrous Performance (previously known as P100D) - $165,529 (was $248,112)
                  * Tesla Model X Ludicrous Performance (previously known as P100D) - $157,095 (was $258,402)

From what i'm reading, this brings on par with the pricing in the US, you'd be feeling a burn in your back pocket if you recently bought one though!

Comment

That's going to piss off a lot of current owners

Comment

---
                      Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
                          Most of Europe will be fine with an electric Macan but given Australia's woeful investment in electric car infrastructure Porsche Australia are probably shitting themselves right now
                          Most Macan owners only drive there cars to the school run then the shopping mall, so will probably be just fine

Comment

Comment

P. sure Macans and the like are rated for 95 RON of which there are zero problems with supply anywhere (even 98 is pretty good in regional centres now in my experience)
                              Originally posted by Jim
                              I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
                              What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Will be interesting to see if the pricing remains the same for the cheapest entry Porsche.

I have been told the Taycan will be priced in the middle between Cayenne and Panamera

Comment

Working...
                                X