Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electric cars in Australia general discussion thread, not just Teslas, the others too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drive in movies. Duh!
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
      Most of Europe will be fine with an electric Macan but given Australia's woeful investment in electric car infrastructure Porsche Australia are probably shitting themselves right now
      With all the FAP engine and aussie fuel dramas, I reckon they'll be glad to take anything.
      www.markpakula.com
      2017 Subaru Impreza Hatch - for the grind
      2015 Cervelo S2 - for the fitness
      2005 Honda Accord Euro - for the wife
      2010 BMW S1000RR - for the sanity

Comment

Originally posted by Gammaboy View Post
        Drive in movies. Duh!
        ---
        Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Honda concepts looks neat when are they going to actually be on sale though? The hatch would make the perfect station car if it wasn't too expensive.
          If in doubt power out

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/EvaHakanssonRacing/

eva just set some speed records in her electric trike.
            shes a lecturer at one of the NZ uni's, pretty cool result

Comment

236mph is pretty damn quick

Comment

Mum drives a Panemera E-hybrid.. thing is a damn nice bit of kit.

I'd consider replacing my GLE with the E-hybrid Cayenne in the future if I still feel like having a larger car

Comment

Got utterly hosed by a Tesla at the on ramp drag lights this morning. I clearly had more fun singing the song of my people at 7,000rpm though, then rolling off for the snap crackle pop on the overrun, zipping up the inside of him as he stopped to try to merge early, and feeding him an earfull of open webers. Even if it didn't break through the bubble of smugness radiating from his $150,000 electric shaver, I fucking enjoyed it immensely.

I can see the point of zappy cars for commuting tools, but there's so much of the enjoyment of cars that's lost with leccy motors.
                  "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by summoner View Post
                      Mum drives a Panemera E-hybrid.. thing is a damn nice bit of kit.

I'd consider replacing my GLE with the E-hybrid Cayenne in the future if I still feel like having a larger car
                      The Panamera Turbo Hybrid V8 is amazing.

I would not own a Hybrid Cayenne unless it had extended factory warranty, I see so much stuff fall over on them as they get old

Comment

Originally posted by LB-XP View Post
                        I would not own a Hybrid Cayenne unless it had extended factory warranty, I see so much stuff fall over on them as they get old
                        Can you provide some more info? I was tempted by them for a while..

Comment

The combustion engine used in the Hybrid Cayenne is an Audi Supercharged V6 3.0l and probably quite good in a normal passenger car.

With the fact it runs so cold a lot of the time in Hybrid configuration, it suffers from the secondary air exhaust ports becoming blocked from carbon build up, throwing emmisions related check lights. The only fix for this is to remove the complete drivetrain from the vehicle and pressure blast the ports clean.

They also seem to have a lot of emmisions related sensor faults, again because it never gets up to operating temp properly from a cold start.

The early ones also suffered timing chain rattle on start up, another big job to rectify as it has to be stripped down to replace the tensioners

The supercharger can be prone to vacuum leaks around the intake area.

The combustion engine is prone to oil leaks that drip onto the e-machine clutch, then contaminate the disc, causing it to slip and shudder when engaging the drive.

The e-machine clutch spindle actuator hydraulics are also prone to failure if the fluid is not changed on a regular basis.

The HV batterys are getting old in some of them now, ive seen a couple fail. They cost 16k plus labour to replace. The e-machine motor can also fail, the internal windings short and cause problems with not charging the HV battery or starting the combustion engine.

Just about everything on these is engine/driveline out repair.

Factory extended warranty is excellent though - up to 15 years or 200,000kms and nearly everything you can think of is covered.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIkm6xhror4

Fuck me bloke seems cooked in the video, fan boys love it but that was a terrible speech, ramblings of a mad man.
                            If in doubt power out

Comment

Nissan Leaf pricing...

$49,990 + ORC, $1950 or so for the home fast charger installed.
                              Only one model in AU.
                              www.markpakula.com
                              2017 Subaru Impreza Hatch - for the grind
                              2015 Cervelo S2 - for the fitness
                              2005 Honda Accord Euro - for the wife
                              2010 BMW S1000RR - for the sanity

Comment

Thats seems quite expensive at first glance but its probably priced quite fair.

Looks a lot nicer than the previous offerings

Comment

Working...
                                X