Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electric cars in Australia general discussion thread, not just Teslas, the others too

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bg0013 View Post
    i think the rivian ute will take off when it hits the US market, good power, and range
    Yeah these things look sweet along with the SUV version. Has some nifty storage solutions as well that are made possible once you remove the need to fuel tanks, tailshafts, engines etc.

Comment

Originally posted by bg0013 View Post
      i think the rivian ute will take off when it hits the US market, good power, and range
      I'd buy one. They will be expensive 90-100K I'd bet. But there would be no $100 a week in diesel to offset the price.

As a Pink Floyd fan I get mad when I see vegans eating pudding.

Comment

Last thing meth head tradies need is a Ute that accelerates quickly, they drive stock hilux’s like fucking morons now, imagine the carnage with these...

Comment

Lol...nah, they'll still be like "anything other than diesel is shit" well into 2030
          your former friendly cambodian dictator

Comment

Originally posted by MotherTrucker View Post

I'd buy one. They will be expensive 90-100K I'd bet. But there would be no $100 a week in diesel to offset the price.
            sure, but electricity isnt/wont be free.

out of interest, does anyone know what tesla charges to use there network for non-tesla vehicles, or dont they connect etc.

whilst my current vehicle i can see another 5 years of owneship, definitely looking at EV after that (for my daily) if the market keeps progressing as it is.
            but i would be fitting household solar and storage to make it practical.

Comment

Tesla will take a charge from just about any source, there are cables and adapters for so many different types. There is a website (plugshare) which shows all the charging locations, their speed and cost.

I've found that most chargers are free if they're near shopping centres or attractions and only the real fast chargers 150kw ones cost.

Comment

Dyson has scrapped its electric car project

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-50004184

Dyson, the UK-based company best known for its vacuum cleaners, has scrapped a project to build electric cars.

The firm, headed by inventor Sir James Dyson, said its engineers had developed a "fantastic electric car" but that it would not hit the roads because it was not "commercially viable".

The first cars had already been developed and were being tested.

But in an email on Thursday, Sir James revealed that Dyson was closing electric car facilities both in the UK and Singapore.

A Dyson patent diagram from 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Falc&Send View Post
                  Dyson has scrapped its electric car project

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-50004184
                  Well that sucks

Comment

Comment

God could you imagine it

Dyson tech and sticker price on an electric car...

Comment

'not commercially viable - but we will continue to sell our $550 hairdryers.
                        This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

I noticed the Rivian Truck says 11000lb towing capacity which is obviously impressive but i wonder what the range is whilst doing so?
                          I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Originally posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
                            I noticed the Rivian Truck says 11000lb towing capacity which is obviously impressive but i wonder what the range is whilst doing so?
                            probably reasonably good - plenty of regen down hills..
                            This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

I read somewhere that Rivian is going to do RHD. Anybody heard if this si the case.

Stateside looks to be a pricey vehicle. Would hate to think the Aussie arse rape tax will be on it when it does get here.

Comment

I read an article that said they plan to be in the Aussie market but wouldn’t say when as the primary focus is North America as a starting point.

Comment

Working...
                                X