Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electric cars in Australia general discussion thread, not just Teslas, the others too

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
    I noticed the Rivian Truck says 11000lb towing capacity which is obviously impressive but i wonder what the range is whilst doing so?
    If it's anything like the Tesla's, the range will be nearly halved.

Comment

Volva going with an electric SUV...

https://www.techspot.com/news/82376-...every-new.html
      Last edited by fury; 17-10-19, 06:39 PM.
      your former friendly cambodian dictator

Comment

Originally posted by bg0013 View Post

sure, but electricity isnt/wont be free.

out of interest, does anyone know what tesla charges to use there network for non-tesla vehicles, or dont they connect etc.

I know a guy runs 2 Tesla's as hire cars, ( 1 x Model X 1 x Model S both 100 versions) he's costed the recharge at his depot at about $12 per vehicle. Thats using a charger in his depot connected to the grid. Because its city work, they get lots of re-gen and 500-600km range.

He's costs show despite the higher purchase price the Telsa's cost lest to run that's repayment + fuel + Maintenance than the Caprices that they replace,

As a Pink Floyd fan I get mad when I see vegans eating pudding.

Comment

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...arging-it.html

If this article's to be believed Aluminium-air fuel cells could be the answer to the current issues with electric cars

Comment

Hehe, current issues, I see what you did there
            Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
            Originally posted by nutttr
            People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

For some reason I don't think non-rechargeable batteries are the cure for our car issues.
              This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

Mazda has just announced an electric MX-30 (looks a bit like an electric CX-3 with suicide doors).. Not much details on the tech side, possibly could suck. Going on sale in Europe next year, and US close to that.

https://www.caradvice.com.au/802112/...-electric-suv/
                Last edited by fury; 24-10-19, 08:59 PM.
                your former friendly cambodian dictator

Comment

Originally posted by fury View Post
                  Mazda has just announced an electric MX-30 (looks a bit like an electric CX-3 with suicide doors).. Not much details on the tech side, possibly could suck. Going on sale in Europe next year, and US close to that.

https://www.caradvice.com.au/802112/...-electric-suv/
                  Will have a single rotor range extender as an option in the future as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Falc&Send View Post
                    Bollinger B1 and B2 2020 - Land Rover look alike.

Yankyland only at this stage

Not sure why it needs
                    458kW and 906Nm...better off to IMO to have less power and more range

https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-new...revealed-76376

Click image for larger version

Name:	bollinger-b2-1001x565-%281%29.jpg
Views:	610
Size:	146.7 KB
ID:	7078720
                    Pretty good video showing how they're put together.

Pretty damn basic for $US125k

https://youtu.be/7yIChwMkpQ8

Comment

When I first saw the Bollinger I thought it was just another electric start-up cash grab / click-bait truck.

Having seen that video, i like it a lot more.. They seem to be following the KISS principles.. Looks like it will be a big lovable brute and the build looks very aircraft like which should be pretty robust.

Comment

Or you could buy 2-3 new Landcruisers.

Comment

I've got a rental corolla hybrid, I hate myself but I really like it. Fucking drives fine, silent most of the time and 3.8 litres per hundred kays. It does a thousand kays on 30 litres of juice. It uses 20 percent of what my commodore uses.

Comment

Originally posted by BigMuz View Post
                            I've got a rental corolla hybrid, I hate myself but I really like it. Fucking drives fine, silent most of the time and 3.8 litres per hundred kays. It does a thousand kays on 30 litres of juice. It uses 20 percent of what my commodore uses.
                            i have been buying the latest rav4 hybrids at work, and i know your pain, tried not to like them but have been very impressed so far. the transition between the modes is pretty seamless, the difference between the first gen Prius is night and day.

Comment

I seen one in light blue the other day and did a double take it's not a bad looking thing either.

Comment

This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

Working...
                                X