Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electric cars in Australia general discussion thread, not just Teslas, the others too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FioriGuy View Post
    just spent all morning on a harley livewire

very nice bike. very well put together.

i know the word "harley" puts imagery of skulls and leathery women in peoples minds, but this things a super naked like an MT07 or street triple and rides like one.

probably as fast if not similar acceleration to my 130hp harley lowrider.

other than that.... it rides, stops and handles brilliantly. on par with any other super naked.

but... it just left me wanting more. so incredibly easy to ride, if i rode one every day i could definitely see my getting complacent with my riding.

too much of a good thing maybe? i don't know. i'm just a lot less excited after getting off it than i thought i'd be.
    Im most of the way through Long way up the 3rd series with Ewan Mcgregor and Charlie Boorman riding there motorbikes around and up or down continents.
    This time though there doing it on Electric Harleys modified for the task and supported by Rivian electric Pickups. Well worth a watch for many reasons but also interesting to see the issues and obstacles
    the electric side of things brings up.
    Its on Apple TV but Uncle Torrence proudly showed me his copy as well.

I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Another thread started
      "It takes beer to make thirst worth while."

Comment

CarAdvice have confirmed the first 100 examples of the $43,990 drive-away MG ZS EV are spoken for, with the next deliveries due in late January, early February.

https://www.caradvice.com.au/900870/...til-next-year/

MG ZS EV has sold out within days of the vehicle arriving in local showrooms.

MG dealers contacted by CarAdvice have confirmed the first 100 examples of the $43,990 drive-away MG ZS EV are spoken for, with the next deliveries due in late January, early February.

The MG ZS EV has a claimed driving range of 263km in ideal conditions – from a single charge – and undercuts its nearest rivals, the Nissan Leaf ($53,000 drive-away) and Hyundai Ioniq electric ($55,000 drive-away), by at least $9000.

Unlike other MG models sold in Australia which come with a seven-year warranty, the MG ZS EV has five-year coverage on the vehicle, and eight-year/160,000km coverage on the battery pack.

Click image for larger version

Name:	giiku97qw58ouuplk7yt.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	7198074
        Last edited by Falc&Send; 14-11-20, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Are they pretty much Chinese cars with MG badges though? They don't have a great reputation for designing/building decent ICE cars yet. Took Korea quite a while to get there.

Comment

MG are wholly Chinese owned and have been for a few years. That gives the company the right to stick the Octagon on whenever product they want.

There are a lot of MGs around my way thanks to a dealership nearby and aggressive local marketing. Recent ones look okay and are supposedly reliable enough for the pensioners around here who own them. The cars don't get driven very far or hard.
            If you dig a hole and it is in the wrong place, digging it deeper isn't going to help.

Police warn that blow-up dolls are not recognised floatation devices.

Comment

It’s some serious value that Chinese MG

$10k cheaper than my leaf with more features

hopefully the big players start getting on board and we see more mid range EV’s

Comment

Are the MGs batteries liquid cooled?

Comment

Originally posted by MZ21 View Post
                  Are the MGs batteries liquid cooled?
                  Yes

Comment

We just bought a Model 3 for nopics, very impressed. It's the base model with zero options, ETA 4-8wks apparently.

We'd test driven the Ovlov XC40, which was a decent enough little rig, but the moment you put your foot down in the Model 3, it's game over I was sold right away :-)
                    Japanese Nostalgic Car - Dedicated to classic japanese cars

Comment

Aweomse Bab's! Thats a super lucky NoPics :D Assuming that's the SR+ for around the town duties?

They still have like 280kw at the rear motor and the insta-torque is something else if you've never experienced it before. I should look up what they do on the 1/4m actually, they might be quicker than most cars in their bracket.

The Model 3's really makes owning a car a different experience and can take a little getting used too, like not starting the car, charging over night and not visiting fuel stations, no scheduled servicing, no noise except the stereo and tyres, no gears and just unreal smoothness.

Did you stump up the 10k for FSD? oh, and havent they stopped including the "High Powered - Wall Chargers" with the new cars

Comment

flat 13s for base model 3.
                        www.markpakula.com
                        2017 Subaru Impreza Hatch - for the grind
                        2015 Cervelo S2 - for the fitness
                        2005 Honda Accord Euro - for the wife
                        2010 BMW S1000RR - for the sanity

Comment

Originally posted by to4garret View Post
                          Aweomse Bab's! Thats a super lucky NoPics :D Assuming that's the SR+ for around the town duties?

They still have like 280kw at the rear motor and the insta-torque is something else if you've never experienced it before. I should look up what they do on the 1/4m actually, they might be quicker than most cars in their bracket.

The Model 3's really makes owning a car a different experience and can take a little getting used too, like not starting the car, charging over night and not visiting fuel stations, no scheduled servicing, no noise except the stereo and tyres, no gears and just unreal smoothness.

Did you stump up the 10k for FSD? oh, and havent they stopped including the "High Powered - Wall Chargers" with the new cars
                          Thanks! :-)

Yeah Standard Range Plus. Its the school-run mobile for nopics, so it'll just do short hops around the neighborhhood. We have a Tarago which we use for longer trips anyway, so I reckon the Model 3 will fit in pretty good. The wall charger is a $780 option now, and you have to get a sparky to install it. But the garage has 3-phase, so I presume that means it'll charge faster?

Qtr mile is 13.6, so it's plenty brisk and feels just a notch slower than the ISF. Which is pretty crazy to think about, as the alternatives were fwd SUVs and base-engine sedans like the IS300 for the same money, so it shits on all the other cars we were shortlisting. I was sold on the power straight away and I reckon the chassis is lacking that last 5% of polish, but it does feel like it has some good bones, and I have to keep reminding myself that it's the mon n' pop base model. Nopics is really looking forward to it, I've never seen her spending so much time boning up on youtubes about a new car before.

And no I didn't get the $10k full self driving option, and the sales guy kinda crossed it off the option list without asking, lol

Hopefully it won't take long, but as you prolly know the purchase process isn't one that is flush with updates on where everything is at :-)
                          Last edited by Babalouie; 17-11-20, 08:03 AM.

Comment

isnt FSD generally regarded as not worth it yet? Especially as if you buy with the car youre adding to the taxes
                            Originally posted by Jim
                            I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
                            What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
                              isnt FSD generally regarded as not worth it yet? Especially as if you buy with the car youre adding to the taxes
                              At the moment, I believe the FSD option does nothing.

The car already comes with "Autopilot" which means radar cruise, lane keep assist etc. So enabling FSD won't add anything...the only reason for ticking the $10,000 option box is to lock in the price, because when it finally works, Elon might raise the price to have it enabled/retrofitted

For us, the car is very rarely goiung to be on the freeway, and all the other FSD stuff like auto-summon in car parks etc, well it's a nice party trick but I dunno if it's worth $10k.
                              Last edited by Babalouie; 17-11-20, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
                                The just released FSD is excellent as far as reviews go.
                                The good thing is that it gets updated over the net, which essentially adds value to the car and potential resale price.
                                Originally posted by Sicarius123
                                Performance Forums, where our two best threads are a man stabbing a lawn mower and a lawn mower stabbing a man :p

Comment

Working...
                                X