Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electric cars in Australia general discussion thread, not just Teslas, the others too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
    To be fair if you owned an Audi for 250,000km you'd be up for a new engine and gearbox in that time plus all the other niggly shit that grinds you into poverty
    The long term costs of the Teslas seem to be quite okay: https://jalopnik.com/this-tesla-mode...HHOZSeDXlN8Ekw

This was a rental car, so you wouldn't do things like replace trim and seats on a 400,000 mile private car, but if you take that stuff out, it's pretty reasonable. Prolly a fair bit less then just normal servicing of a regular car.
    Japanese Nostalgic Car - Dedicated to classic japanese cars

Comment

Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
      To be fair if you owned an Audi for 250,000km you'd be up for a new engine and gearbox in that time plus all the other niggly shit that grinds you into poverty
      Valid argument. I don't intend on keeping our A4 outside of warranty for long.

Comment

Originally posted by MZ21 View Post

I only received the VIN number 4 weeks after placing the order. Pretty sure I'll order speed boost for mine if the option is available in the app, get the 0-100 time down under 4 secs
        Speak of the devil, the Tesla sales dude just called and said my car should be delivered a coupla days before xmas.

I guess I better get my skates on and get the wall charger installed before all the sparkies go dark for the holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by Babalouie View Post
          the wall charger is a $780 option now, and you have to get a sparky to install it. But the garage has 3-phase, so I presume that means it'll charge faster?
          Yea thats basically it, the car has an onboard AC->DC converter with a maximum AC input of 11kw. The Wall Charger can deliver 11kw with 16A from 3 phases.

The mobile charger is pretty good, it will do 2.4kw from a normal 10A GPO, 3.6kw from a 15A GPO and upto 7kw if you get a 5 Pin - 3 Phase tail for it. (https://evchargers.com.au/product/va...onnector-gen2/). Some people dont even bother with the wall charger, i lived with 15A for a few months and as an overnight charge its fine.

You could also skip the wall charger and have a 3 phase socket installed then use the above tail for 7kw at home which might work out a little cheaper over all, but then you only have one way to charge the car and no backup. I keep the mobile charger in the boot permanently - just. in. case.

Hopefully it won't take long, but as you prolly know the purchase process isn't one that is flush with updates on where everything is at :-)
          I remember the first time Melb's rang me about my delivery - jumped out of a meeting with a VP to take it hahah.

Comment

Not bad I might just use a 15A socket at home and see how I go.

Comment

Pretty sure I'll order speed boost for mine if the option is available in the app, get the 0-100 time down under 4 secs
              What a time to be alive, hit "buy now" and download more fasts instantly.

Comment

With warranty intact.

Comment

Hyundai Kona EV recalled due to fire hazard

https://www.productsafety.gov.au/rec...ev-my2018-2020

Comment

I'm liking this - VW ID Space Vizzion (lol) confirmed for production - basically an electric Passat sized wagon: https://www.autoblog.com/2020/11/17/...ion-confirmed/

If it can genuinely go 700km on a charge, and has room for two tall teenage lads in the back, that might be our next nopics car/family truckster right there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	vw-id-space-vizzion-official-4.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	7199749

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_Slow View Post
                      If it can genuinely go 700km on a charge, and has room for two tall teenage lads in the back, that might be our next nopics car/family truckster right there.
                      Article muses that 700km WLTP-rated is more like 500km real-world ... and I reckon an $80k RRP for that, based on fArteon pricing & the extra amount you have to stump-up for an electric Golf over a standard one.
                      Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

You know, with the MEB platform being rear-engined and all, maybe what VW needs to do is a modern interpretation of the Type 3 squareback. I'd buy that!

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_Slow View Post
                          I'm liking this - VW ID Space Vizzion (lol) confirmed for production - basically an electric Passat sized wagon: https://www.autoblog.com/2020/11/17/...ion-confirmed/

Click image for larger version  Name:	vw-id-space-vizzion-official-4.jpg Views:	12 Size:	132.1 KB ID:	7199749
                          hopefully they will flow down into the skoda range aswell.
                          Racingline have posted this up with a ID3 vs a new gti.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHvuuOzHDfA/

Comment

Speak of the devil, the Tesla sales dude just called and said my car should be delivered a coupla days before xmas.
                            I received my invoice today, so car must be getting closer.

Comment

Good write up on the MG. Sounds like it needs more go-fasts though
                              https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...g-zs-ev-review
                              Originally posted by Sicarius123
                              Performance Forums, where our two best threads are a man stabbing a lawn mower and a lawn mower stabbing a man :p

Comment

I received my invoice today, so car must be getting closer.
                                Me too, got the invoice and VIN today

Comment

Working...
                                X