Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electric cars in Australia general discussion thread, not just Teslas, the others too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MZ21 View Post

Yep, goes fast. Hilarious just being able to get into or make a gap for yourself in traffic.
    It becomes dangerous driving a "normal" car once you are used to the Model 3. When im in the missus Focus i keep forgetting to lock it when walking away :D

Comment

Originally posted by to4garret View Post
      Loving the black trim Babs, under the hub caps are some reasonably good looking rims i think. You two would have got the ones with the built in wireless charger in the centre consoles/USB-C and octo-pump AC?

I found the chassis is very ridged with good turn in, but feel there is a bit too much body roll for zipping around town.

The instant response from the motors is something else isnt it!
      Yeah all December deliveries should be MY21 with the black trim and heat pump from the Model Y. You can tell cos the frunk is about half the depth now.

and yeah instead of the flip up lidded compartment there is an alcantara shelf with the wireless charging for 2 phones.

I think I’m prolly more impressed because it’s just the vanilla chassis, it’s not the equivalent of an M-sport or even Lexus F Sport, but it’s pretty firm and sporty as is
      Last edited by Babalouie; 22-12-20, 10:03 PM.
      Japanese Nostalgic Car - Dedicated to classic japanese cars

Comment

OK 86% state of charge. Let's see how we go.

Comment

11.67 @ 116.33 MPH. 60ft 1.9 I guess there's more in that.

Comment

fark - I'm gonna need more boost
            This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

Second pass 11.60 @ 115.99

Comment

Fark you gotta be happy with that though

Comment

Final two passes 11.70 @ 115.53 and 11.69 @ 116.00 (with a reaction time 0.194). The best 60' was 1.823 on the 11.60.

Arrived at the strip with 87% charged left with 78%, arrived home with 72%.

Bloody impressive! Looks like there's a 11.5 in it if the charge can be over 90%. Next time will leave home with 100% charge. Should see my first pass with > 90% charge.

Comment

Did you leave it in hold mode and just tromped it on the last yellow?

Comment

Fuck yeah! 11.6, that’s awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Babalouie View Post
                        Did you leave it in hold mode and just tromped it on the last yellow?
                        Yep, on the 11.70 i played with track mode, but don't think it makes a difference. Unlike the much faster S, there no silly setting to enable. Get into stage, hold mode holds it on the line anyway and hit the go pedal.

You should take the SR+ for reference, I reckon it would have a low 13 in it for sure.

Comment

You should take the SR+ for reference, I reckon it would have a low 13 in it for sure.
                          I’ve been driving it more and yeah I think you might be right.

Comment

Final two passes 11.70 @ 115.53 and 11.69 @ 116.00 (with a reaction time 0.194). The best 60' was 1.823 on the 11.60.
                            Fark, we had to work hard for numbers like that back in the day!
                            Norbie!

Comment

Bloody impressive! Looks like there's a 11.5 in it if the charge can be over 90%. Next time will leave home with 100% charge. Should see my first pass with > 90% charge.
                              Feels effortless really that time off too! with 91% I managed an 11.4 which looks like you are on the money. I haven't actually done the reverse test with a low SOC though, would be interesting to see how it performs at <30% as the drop off is really quite noticeable.

Did you notice the car kinda "walking off" the line then ramping the power up? I have a conspiracy theory's that converge's on "why there is no ludicrous mode for the Model 3", "No launch mode" and the "Relaxed 60ft" - wouldn't want the mid range Sedan eating too much into your top segment.

Comment

Here are some vids that were taken by another PF member on the night. I've hosted them on youtube to share here:

'
                                Last edited by MZ21; 26-12-20, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X