Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post
    Just need to find a bigger container with more stuff in it. No way they're going to pull everything out of a wrecker's 40ft container full of parts.
    Two of the guys I know who got done had 60s long motors in a container full of car parts. They went through it and picked out a heap of old parts they "suspected" had asbestos in them, including an old race suit that Don Garlits had worn (which was going to be a decorative piece in a guy's man cave).

They might not get your stuff, but if they do get the Preparation H ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Marv View Post
      Two of the guys I know who got done had 60s long motors in a container full of car parts. They went through it and picked out a heap of old parts they "suspected" had asbestos in them, including an old race suit that Don Garlits had worn (which was going to be a decorative piece in a guy's man cave).

They might not get your stuff, but if they do get the Preparation H ready.
      Interesting feedback!
      "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
      (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
      Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Originally posted by Marv View Post
        No, no they don't. There have been a few people stung bringing in "old" (1950s-60s-70s) engines in containers. Border Farce wanted them checked for asbestos (gaskets etc) and cleared.
        That brutal. Not worth bringing hardly any old stuff in from the states unless you strip the whole thing down now?

Comment

Originally posted by LB-XP View Post
          That brutal. Not worth bringing any old stuff in from anywhere unless you strip the whole thing down and have unlimited funds now?
          Fixed.
          "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Originally posted by Gammaboy View Post
            Fixed.
            True. Remember how good things were when it was parity

Comment

Suggestions on who to contact now? Already spoken to dazmac.

Comment

Iron Lady/Chef/Block?
                "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Originally posted by Agent86 View Post
                  which one?
                  .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

From the US? If you wanted to chat to someone over there who is still doing it back to Aus get in touch with Matt from Shermatt International (on FB). He did mine and while there was no asbestos shit back then, I was chatting to him about bringing something else in and he reckons he has it sorted with NATA approved certificates etc (and can do the work to replace shit and have it certified, manage all the import shit etc). He's a good no bullshit bloke...you'll pay for it, but he makes it fucking easy.
                    Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

From page three of this thread

Originally posted by mizone View Post
                      Call BossKraft to help you get a Australian asbestos's certificate whilst in the US. I'm told they can do the remediation works as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 9triton View Post
                        taking family on holidays ?

PS :you spelt Commer incorrectly

hmm, probably full of asbestos too - to keep on topic

Asbestos is safer than that thing.
                        I'm seeing more and more comments that the tougher enforcement of the asbestos ban is a way to stop grey imports now the new import rules are in place.

Comment

thats bullshit because any late model stuff can still come in easy and most of the stuff being currently targeted are cars that would have been piss easy to import using the already existing pre-89 rule
                          1988 AW11 9A-GTE - project #1 | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - project #2

Originally posted by Walt Kowalski talking like a crazed hobo
                          The major arrests will start from 1st January 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by trdee View Post
                            thats bullshit because any late model stuff can still come in easy and most of the stuff being currently targeted are cars that would have been piss easy to import using the already existing pre-89 rule
                            Thats the excuse they are using. You forget how much money the importers have to play with to, "influence" members of parliament.

Comment

the FCAI only care about late model imports. a 1973 maserati isnt competing against a 2018 model....
                              1988 AW11 9A-GTE - project #1 | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - project #2

Originally posted by Walt Kowalski talking like a crazed hobo
                              The major arrests will start from 1st January 2019.

Comment

I know a guy who's brother had a dog once who knew the owner's wife at the pound and her daughter was the advisor to the minister who loved all this shit, and the dog had this exact conversation, one on one, and even canvassed some other options, like creating a whole industry onshore, but in quarantine, to restore these vehicles prior to entry.

" The car issue was not an intended consequence which was focussed on construction imports, however the loss of votes of one or two people who can't get their car in now, was nothing in the scheme of being hard and taking action on dodgy imported goods containing asbestos. No angle of attack would allow a political about face on the subject because if you let one piece of asbestos in then you have failed Australian's and their right to feel safe."

allegedly
                                Originally posted by thebluerx7
                                The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

Working...
                                X