Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changes regarding goods imports to Aus... GST?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
    Just heard a HN radio ad which was basically Gerry himself gloating about the new GST rule with the audacity to make out this is a win for consumers

fuck i hate this cunt.
    This is the exact reason I will never give Harvey Normal a single cent.

Comment

Anyone know if you order something before July 1st, but it gets delivered after July 1st will you be subject to the new GST laws? Do they go off the day it is shipped or the day it is purchased?

I've got to buy something from the USA and there will be a time delay until it is made, thus not getting it until after July 1st. So just not sure how that is all going to pan out.

Business would do under $75,000aus trade a year (sells mostly to USA guys) as just a one man band making cool 4x4 shit - so not sure if that affects things or not.

Comment

purchase date I'd say.
        .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

I hope so. I ordered some suspension parts from T3 and the cheap one arrived immediately but the more expensive one is currently still being milled out of titanium or whatever it is they make them out of.

Comment

I've done it the other way round. Expensive stuff from the US should hopefully be here before 31st. Stuff on slow boat from China is cheap, so more curious than worried on that one. Anything else I'll wait and see what sort of clusterfuck it turns into before ordering.
            Had to cancel two orders last week because they're on a global back order for six weeks.

Comment

ATO works on date of payment, not delivery date.
              .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

After getting stung 90 bucks to "manually process" a piece of paper last time they fucked up, I'll wait and see.

Comment

I think I'll risk it then as the item is pretty expensive, so if I have a chance of avoiding the GST than its worth a shot.

Comment

I got this from one of my USA suppliers last week -

"The new law requires that Digi-Key collect Goods and Services Tax (GST) on any order with a customs value of $1,000 Australian dollars or less, except when Digi-Key has your valid Australian Business Number (ABN) on file, and we can validate that you are actively registered for GST on the Australian Government web site. The new rules apply to when an order is shipped, not placed, making scheduled orders and backorders shipping July 1st or later subject to GST as well."

Comment

FFS

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
                      1998 BT1 Sedan. RB30 plus baby seat
                      Originally posted by Mr Ed
                      Anything with Fukushima in the title is bound to be great click bait.

Comment

well, delivery times will be dragged out a bit now too. awesome.
                        '13 Yamaha R1 // '16 Toyota Hilux SR5 // '00 Toyota Supra RZ // '72 Ford XA Fairmont

Sell me your old videogames? Nintendo, Sega, PlayStation, some XBox...

Comment

I don't know where they are getting this 'don't have to charge it if you have a valid ABN' from?

Comment

Lol just put down Bunnings ABN.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane001 View Post
                              I don't know where they are getting this 'don't have to charge it if you have a valid ABN' from?
                              Yeah I got the same thing from Digi-Key and thought it was a bit strange. Whilst the net result is usually the same (you'd pay GST which you just pass through onto your sales) that's not how it's supposed to work.

Perhaps they don't understand? Not an accountant.

Comment

Originally posted by Shonky View Post
                                Perhaps they don't understand?
                                This will be the biggest problem with all this, they won't understand whether they do or don't have to charge it. For example they only have to charge it if they turn over more than $75K to Australia. So for smaller companies that do the odd sale here, won't be affected, but they'll be the ones refusing to sell to us as it's all too fucking hard lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X