Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changes regarding goods imports to Aus... GST?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by piss98 View Post
    . My last archery order they split it up on request and split the invoices appropriately as well and staggered three packages a couple of days apart (was no major rush) Now that's service, I avoided at least $400 in duty god bless em.
    All customs units - move in and arrest suspect - we got him now .

Comment

Originally posted by MZ21 View Post
      Tip for players at home getting lower value invoices, make sure you make two payments One for the lower amount invoiced and on shipping label and one for the "balance". Trust me I know
      Thanks for that pro tip.

Comment

Originally posted by piss98 View Post
        Most overseas sellers are pretty helpful as they realise it could impact them if we stop buying online. My last archery order they split it up on request and split the invoices appropriately as well and staggered three packages a couple of days apart (was no major rush) Now that's service, I avoided at least $400 in duty god bless em.
        Have found this; A lot of places seem to be getting a bit funny about declaring a lower value than what you paid, but they have no problems splitting the order into more packages and declaring the value of each. Last set of headers I got it was only an extra $50 to send it in 2 packages vs posting it in 1. When it saved like $400 of duty, it was a no brainer. They were happy because everything was labeled correctly, I was happy because I saved a packet anyway.
        Originally posted by Buford T. Justice
        This happens every time one of these floozies starts poontangin' around with those show folk fags.

Comment

And what you did was completely legitimate.

Comment

Yep, normal GovCo - they will impact those who don't pay attention and the rest of us just find a simple low impact way around it and carry on. Just gotta be informed and have half a brain. I openly said to this last place "I want you to do this to avoid extra duty" and they were all for it.
            Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

But that loophole is now closed (from end of June) and it will actually cost you more if you split orders into seperate deliveries as you you will get raped by the "admin" charges to process each order, rather than just the single admin charge. Still have to pay duty,if applicable to that item, whether the item(s) is $1 or $1 million (don't rely on Customs staff to know/care, you will need to be on top of this yourself). Some items are exempt or have different rates than others.

Comment

Originally posted by MZ21 View Post
                And what you did was completely legitimate.
                I have a dealer customer in Qatar, if all the stuff is made out to his personal name; no tax, duties etc.

If its in his business name, it makes what we pay look like chump change.

Comment

Originally posted by Falc&Send View Post
                  But that loophole is now closed (from end of June) and it will actually cost you more if you split orders into seperate deliveries as you you will get raped by the "admin" charges to process each order, rather than just the single admin charge. Still have to pay duty,if applicable to that item, whether the item(s) is $1 or $1 million (don't rely on Customs staff to know/care, you will need to be on top of this yourself). Some items are exempt or have different rates than others.
                  Err not quite sunshine. It's not law yet. Currently in the senate. It may be in a week of so with a possible introduction date of July 1, 2018.

http://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_...ods/Report/c02

Scroll down to the bottom.

All the bolded bits are bullshit. Enforcement of the low value goods bill is on the vendor not the customer. It makes sense as *so many* people buy shit from OS now, that if you got a $5 GST bill for a $50 trinket along with a $150 admin charge GOVCO will be booted out quick smart next election.

Comment

Yep, this will not wash if it actually comes in - nearly everybody will be fucking pisssed they can't get their $5 phone case from China anymore..

Harvey is nearly 80.. the cunt will thankfully be dead soon, and then his stores will die shortly after.
                    your former friendly cambodian dictator

Comment

I actually support in theory what the Gerry Harvey is saying but systems are so fucked that our cunts can't organise a root in a brothel.

Make something like this.

1. Register a payment mechanism, eg: Credit Card, Paypal account, Direct Deposit etc either for you Name@Address for blanket address
                      2. As goods come thru the border, payment method is applied and goods go straight, govco rightly gets it's cut.
                      3. If you don't register your goods get held up, you pay the 10%, plus the admin charge etc.

If you plan on making this type of change you have to make work so that people can see the benefit and are fucked over by bullshit fees, unless they want to be.

Buying shit from OS, isn't to save 10%, it's to get stuff you simply can't get here or we are being anally raped on.

Comment

Regarding the GST as far as I best understand it will include the SINGLING OUT of companies such as eBay and Amazon not Aliexpress and Northface USA etc, so the GST will be imposed upon ORDERS FROM OVERSEAS COMING INTO AUSTRALIA, NOT Victoria to NSW. That is why companies such as eBay were crying about this GST due to it being them primarily singled out etc and having to deal with it now.. So if you buy carparts from rockauto.com, you probably will fly under the rader for GST inclusions unless our customs are to be enforcing GST additions however no legislation that I am aware of is stating such.

Comment

The thing is the ATO (I assume) are treating eBay and Amazon as a single entity even though they are more of a marketplace that let's many companies sell their wares. So even if Little Joes Datsun Door Handles in America sells way less than $75K worth of goods on eBay, he's still up for GST as eBay will impose on the goods as ATO says eBay is the vendor.

Pretty fucked up the way it's being done.

Basically, anything >$1K is as it's always been, the under $1K stuff is going to get murky until shit is sorted out as the legislation as it stands doesn't require the buyer to pay it on the way in, it's all enforced on the seller's side.

Fingers crossed the Senate sorts this mess out as we have no business collecting tax from foreign companies selling goods into Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by irsa76 View Post
                            Probably arrival date, got to get their money some how. Be a cunt if you ordered a while ago to beat this shit and it's been delayed due to something on backorder.
                            As I haven't even made the order yet, I probably need to extract a digit.
                            The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

Comment

Originally posted by Cal View Post
                              i just made an order from jenvey.. fuck
                              Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
                              Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

Originally posted by Cal View Post
                                you've got at least a year Cal, worry not.. is it not going to be introduced in 2 weeks when the legislation isn't close to being passed.

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
                                2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

Comment

Working...
                                X